Main Menu

Aura's

Started by side, August 20, 2007, 06:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

side

I now have all expansions and my BL is up lvl 69, so I was wondering about aura's.  I see people using them.  Do we get them?  Are they worth getting?  And lastly , how do we get them?
       Sorry for all the questions,  not necessarily looking for a free ride, but input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Inphared

Beastlords do not have any Aura's as of now, but there might be a possibility with the upcoming expansion. I doubt it though.

side

Bigtail

There are two clicky's that i know of in the eldar forest that have aura effects if you have the time to camp them, I have been camping the dodge aura clicky myself for about 2 days now and have only seen on named sadly and no clicky.

Daigyon

I don't want auras.  I don't like the way they work and how aggro works with them.  I'd much rather cast a spell on someone.
There is no knowledge that is not power.
Daigyon
75 Beastlord of Blades of Wrath
Fennin Ro.

Fightclubx

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=53615

Totem of the Leopards paw fairly easy to get. I think its worthless, however recent changes (shorted casting time) made it worth a little bit more for those times when you need all the dps you can possibly generate. plus its nice to have a somewhat rare item to show off (very few people that I know have bothered to try and get it)

Inphared

Quote from: Daigyon on August 21, 2007, 08:31:36 PM
I don't like the way they work and how aggro works with them.

Aura's don't generate any aggro at all.

Maylian

Whilst they don't generate agro I was fairly sure there can be issues with linked agro with them.....aka 2 monks in group, monk pulling doesn't have aura running other one does. Monk 1 FD's within range of the aura causing agro to transfer........

However I may have completely made that up.

Kanan

They go under the short term buff box, ala songs, so I'm willing to bet that they transfer agro much the same.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Maylian

Retract the agro transfer statement, spoken to some very trustworthy monks who have confirmed that they don't work like that.

Kanan

heh.. found same answer when I'd asked too ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

dainfrol

Traps can be really bad though.  If someone drops a trap in CoA's Jevlin event, even if it is useless (ie. undead mez) it will transfer the AoE DoT's to each room.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)