Main Menu

Faction for the RakeTome?

Started by Sourpus, May 25, 2008, 10:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpus

I got a decent sized group to help me attain the obtain the Rake Tome from Devastation.  Out of the 10 people we had, only 1!, my cleric, was able to get any quests from the leading NPC in Sverag.  He's a gnome cleric and I have no idea WHY he was the only one, since I absolutely do not do faction grinds on any of my toons.

Anyone have any idea what gives?  I tried this twice and the Kobolds and Undead knight(?) were the NPCs that were giving quests at the time, with the same results.

If there is a faction grind involved, is it worth doing to get this ability?  I plan on staying at 70 for a bit to catch up on AAs in BoT while the getting is good, so I guess Jagged Claws is not an option (honestly, I have no idea what Jagged Claws even is but I am assuming it is an offshoot of Feral Swipe?)

gregais

where you trying to do the saga skins quest? If thats the one, you need to loot one of the

quest skins and you'll get the quest iirc.

Nusa

He's not talking about saga skins...and now that PoR major flags are free the remaining reason to do that quest is to be able to start a few instances, mostly raid instances. There are alternate quests that are easier to do for the spell/disc reward.

To answer the question, you simply aren't standing close enough to the quest mob. Close enough to talk isn't good enough. If you don't get within grabbing distance, you're clearly a coward and not worthy. Your gnome cleric, due to his small race and viewpoint, probably got closer than the others.

Also, you can get the parts before getting the quest. Just collect everything, and once you get four of something, go get the matching quest.

kindarring2

rake is so worth getting at your lvl
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Pindol

He is talking about Saga Skins, but it looks like he is confused about the quests. Saga Skins has nothing to do with Sverag NPCs, but you can collect skins in Sverag or in Devastation. Loot one and the quest will pop, just what Greg said. His cleric was getting completely different quests not related to obtaining Rake tome ( collecting the heads most likely).

Nusa

He is not confused. The "collecting the XXX's" quests give toons the very same tome/spell that saga skins gives you, if you don't already have it. Naturally, if you did saga skins first, you wouldn't know that first hand. It so happens I did a collect before I finished saga skins, so I do know this first-hand. Plus alla's writeups correctly include this info.

Vuncar

You need to be right up close to that indifferent-con NPC in the front door of Sverag.   You can be close enough that the NPC will talk to to you, but if you are not close up in his face you won't get the task selection pop-up window.  No faction required to be able to request any of those 10 collection quests.

Sourpus

Thanks all for the replies.  Will get working on this stat.

Sharrien

Keep in mind that the population changes in Sverag.  The NPC might change between when you get the task and when you are able to finish and the new one might not offer the same tasks (for some reason the orc npc doesn't want orc heads).  Note that the task is to deliver, not loot, so you can pre-loot what you need and go in to get the task after you have all the items on hand.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kitathia

Don't forget if you are not close enough to the quest giver you will NOT get the quest :) He's kinda anal with that. As far as I know you don't need any faction for it. Have done with for several of my hubby's toons and I know they never hunted in there. You will NOT regret having Rake - it's a decent disc.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious