Main Menu

Worth it to duo?

Started by Thot, June 04, 2006, 01:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thot

Finally got a username and decided to post, been reading for about a year or so.

Anyways, got my ogre beast up to 66 now. Had split him off my bards account about 2 years ago in hopes to PL him better and then duo. Ended up quitting eq when my last guild split but came back.

The question is, should I continue to lvl up my druid (48) on one account to duo w/ my beastlord? Still debating if the duo xp is gonna be better than grouping. Thinking of making the push to 70 before waiting on the druid to catch up. As you can see I'm all over the place for ideas. Any and all advice would be great.

Taiglin

First off they can group and both will get xp (lvl 46 can xp with a 70) so I don't see that as much of a concern as you can level both at the same time. Not sure about if the xp will be better with the duo vs grouping as it depends on where the group is fighting, pull rate, etc. In theory you could not group with the druid and kill faster solo so get more xp that way. The real benefit in duoing IMO is it allows you to "solo" things you wouldn't and help fill holes in a group or even provide out of group DPS. I have duoed Bst/Dru for a long time now and the combo is solid. Having track, ports/evac, heals, snare etc really just rocks IMO. If you keep with this combo you might want to push the Druid to 58 though as that is when they get their cheal. Base is only like 4k hp but really helps extend their healing capability. Think 61 is the next decent faster heal (3.6 secish for ~2k). Never really tracked the numbers so could be off by a bit.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Stumps_Bertox

Personally I would  get the druid to level 63 for 9 and natures infusion, and if you havent already make sure you specialize alteration with him.
The push from 66-70 will be alot less painful with both characters close in level/gear, and the best part about playing a druid/bst is that you dont have to have a group to play. 
Equally geared/aa'd you would be amazed at some of the stuff you can kill.
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

Zathrix

Yes, definately worth it.  I duo with a Druid and as already noted, the combination rocks.  It most definately allows me to hunt things that I couldn't hunt solo.  The best thing was already mentioned, but it was buried in the midst of a longer sentense.  SOCOR and EXODUS will save your cookies again and again (well, at least it does mine  :-P)

Having a second character trailing along behind does take a bit of extra effort so I often leave him behind when just going to grind AA's some place fairly tame, but if you put him/her on a horse and set up a macro to assist you and hit your target with his/her DoT's it isn't that much extra effort and the added DPS is very noticable, particularly if you'll work on the Critical Affliction AA's on the Druid.

For the record, my Druid's specialization is Evocation since I played him a long time as my main and he was basically a soloer.  He seems to heal just fine though, but I admit that I don't push him that hard at it.
Savage Lord Zathrix Ebonclaws - 70 Beastlord
Proud Knight of Candiria Keep, Fennin Ro