Main Menu

Which 3 box would you go with?

Started by DabrixMGP, September 27, 2006, 02:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DabrixMGP

Almost forgot that BL.org had a multiboxing forum lol.  Anyways I have a serious problem.  I currently have 2 characters that I enjoy playing.  One is a warrior and the other is a zerker.  Now that I have a brand new PC I want to one day 3 box since my 2 gigs of RAM should be able to handle it.  So back to my problem of which character to ditch and which to continue leveling cause they are both only 40 now.  If I keep the warrior I will do Warrior/Cleric/Chanter or if I keep the Zerker most likely Zerker/Shaman/Bard or Druid.  Yes I know there is no beastlord involved.  I don't plan on boxing yet I will get to level 75 first and geared (2.0 13-15k unbuffed ect) then powerlevel up my crew.  Which Trio would be better in the long run?  Stuff like killing old raid mobs I would also love to do like VT, ToV, AoW, maybe elemental minis for fun.

Jaeren

You would probably be able to do more with the Warrior / Cleric / Chanter combo I would think. Berserkers can tank but not as well as a warrior would and the shaman could heal but not as good a cleric really. Obviously, it depends on what you are hoping to kill, a berserker and shm would work for some mobs quite well.

I personally used to do Beastlord, Druid, Cleric and it worked quite well even with lower quality armor & less aa on the beastlord & druid compared to my cleric (which was my official main near the end of my last playtime approx 2 years ago due to demand of clerics vs beastlords). In the end, it all depends on your play style and your desired  level of 3 boxing.

About the bard, it used to involve a lot of work playing a bard and boxing one was rough overall, but with the changes a few years ago with harmony or melody or whatever it is, it might be a viable option. It's hard to pass up a secondary healer / nuker / snarer / porter / evac char though in my mind even thnough my first character and what I played for a long time was a bard.

In the end though, play whatever makes you happy since EQ is a game even though some of us take it way too seriously sometimes :p

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Khauruk

Start trying some stuff now just to get an idea of how it works, and so you're not getting the "wrong" character all the cool stuff, and want to reroll.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tiroon

Interesting combos, especially the pairing of first rate tank & first rate healer on the one hand and third rate tank & 2nd rate healer on the other.

The way I read your lineup you very consciously address crowd control even if you have to compromise in other areas like DPS.

With that in mind my pick from the choices offered would be the holy trinity and getting DPS from elsewhere when needed.

The question remains why not WAR/SHM/BRD or BER/CLR/ENC? Let's face it, zerkers and chanters are aggro hogs that could fit quite well together while bards can do whatever they please, whenever they please and not get aggro, making the task for the WAR much easier, especially for a WAR who's partly busy playing two other tons.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

DabrixMGP

Yes I want CC since I have no FD puller.  Also warriors are pretty good DPS once I get Swiftcleave and 2.0 plus once I can 4 box I can just add a mage or wizzie for easy DPS.  I think I am sticking to the warrior>Cleric for sure.  3rd box will be up in the air but I have a year or 2 to figure it out lol.  But its going to be either chanter or bard.

Taiglin

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

DabrixMGP

Yea thats nice you linked my post from steelwarrior hehe i posted this on several boards just to get as many opinions as possible before I make my own.  Since I have no end game experience I cant really make my own decision based on something I know nothing about.

Khauruk

No end-game experience, so how are you so sure you'll end up in a Demiplane+ guild?  How do you know you'll even like it?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

DabrixMGP

I did a lot of raiding in my past and liked it and I have high play time usually 5-7 hours a day.  I also listen very well and have been playing this game since 1999 So as long as theres an opening for my class and I have enough AAs I see no reason why I cant join a raiding guild.

Khauruk

With that in mind (i.e. the lack of friend/family connection to get into these guilds), I'd definitely start boxing now.  You can grind AAs all the time w/ your box team once you get level, and then drop them for groups whenever you want/need/have offers.  You'll definitely get up to the required 500+ AAs many demiplane guilds require (i.e. actually having the basic warrior AAs done) much faster.
TURNCOAT!!!!!