Main Menu

Friendly Pet Changes Coming Soon

Started by Tadenea, March 01, 2010, 07:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Not sure why they went this way with friendly pet. It's not of any use solo/group/raid. It's only somewhat useable for farming green con mobs for TS items.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Umlat

Quote from: Grbage on March 18, 2010, 04:47:04 AM
Not sure why they went this way with friendly pet. It's not of any use solo/group/raid. It's only somewhat useable for farming green con mobs for TS items.

Well let's see, I always thought the standard 2 fallbacks for beastlord abilities when they couldn't come up with anything were a pet heal or a pet proc. I guess they thought a pet proc that pet heals would cover both ><

Sikkem

Quote from: Razimir on March 18, 2010, 04:23:24 AM
I don't know about that. Heard a rumour that bsts will be happy "soon enough", but my source didn't reveal what was it about. Maybe we are getting some goodies when next patch of AAs coming live. One can only hope...

-Raz

The sad thing is I bet the guy that did Friendly Pet BOTH times thought the same thing.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Hzath

I am now intrigued and likely to be disappointed
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Catnip_Inny

when do the AA's go live?

and im just curious WTF was the point asking for all our feedback for friendly pet if they were just gonna make it a lame contact heal for pet... just seems like blowing smoke up our ass for nothing :P

hope the new AA's are nice :)

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on March 18, 2010, 07:34:47 AM

and im just curious WTF was the point asking for all our feedback for friendly pet if they were just gonna make it a lame contact heal for pet... just seems like blowing smoke up our ass for nothing :P

hope the new AA's are nice :)

AA guy seems to genuinly want to help us (and well everyone). It's certain other developers that keep gimping us because they are too busy pandering to other classes.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

kharthai

Quote from: Hzath on March 18, 2010, 07:28:06 AM
I am now intrigued and likely to be disappointed

Lol, yeah.

curiouser and curiouser

bobokatt1970

Not that I want to drag this on.. but the "new" friendly pet makes the pet proc a heal on itself... even if it's full of HP and not getting attacked correct? Also there is a set amount of procs and once they are gone the buff fades... which means constantly keeping it up? Am I correct?

Mazame

yes set charges .. yes will proc heal when it doesn't need it...yes you need to keep it loaded... yes it blocks HoS so when the mobs running you have to click off FP and then cast HoS and hope the pets still in range and you not pulled a train.. the heals are min to the damage the pet takes... because you have to keep it loaded I would rather have a pet heal loaded. with a pet heal you can control when the pet gets the heal .. still use HoS and so this spell has join steel trap in the never gets loaded / used line

WARNING NERF INC.. in order for us to use anything but HoS they will need to nerf HoS so I feel a Nerf incoming.. rather then  fixing FD/ST spells my guess is they will just nerf HoS.. and because HoS is an AA vs a spell they will need to do a big nerf to get us to use anything that takes a spell slot and has charges..

SoE if you see this just remove the charges on Friendly pet and Steel Trap. who care if our pet chain proc slow.  Slow mitgated by most mob any ways and we have a slow spell we put on most mobs any how so what if the pet proc slow every min to refresh it not like a game breaker.. a pet procing chain heal with out charges I may use on raid over HoS but with it taking a spell slot no way is it worth loading.

Grbage

I really doubt they will NERF HoS (please don't prove me wrong devs!). The problem here is they keep trying to replace an AA with zero drawbacks and plenty of positives with spells that have several drawbacks and limited positives. So long as they keep following this model we'll never use anything but HoS.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on March 18, 2010, 07:37:49 PM
I really doubt they will NERF HoS (please don't prove me wrong devs!). The problem here is they keep trying to replace an AA with zero drawbacks and plenty of positives with spells that have several drawbacks and limited positives. So long as they keep following this model we'll never use anything but HoS.

It isn't so much that they are trying to replace HoS, they are giving us options which I personally like. The problem is that the options all have drawbacks.

I spend a lot of my time grouped with an SK and/or a druid so snare isn't a big priority for me.
- I tried the new improved Jaws thinking it would be a bit more dps plus allow me to engage the mob faster. I only tried it on about 6 mobs but in most cases it wasn't slowing the mob till 50% or worse, not really when you want a slow. Also with the dot component if we get a mob in camp we have to switch to, the slowed mob can't be mezzed.
- I tried FP on a raid and having to keep it memmed was a pain and six charges is very lame. As stated earlier if it was unlimited it would be a help keeping the pet alive during AoE's etc but at the moment with 6 charges and its high proc priority it needs to be reapplied far to often for it basically doing nothing.

So I still keep HoS on because neither of the 2 are better than a snare I dont really need. That is very sad.

Blarp

well i been told the same thing rumers of Flurry and REAL skill in dubble and tripple atk. but again this is all rumers from a he said she said thing. we will seee.

Sikkem

April apparently.

Well apparently according to Eildroth (sp) it's to show that they do in fact listen to us they just don't agree with us. In the long run I am unsure of what the difference is as it still just means the Devs do what they want with no input from beastlords but apparently to the Devs it is an important difference.

Maybe it gives them warm fuzzies  :-o

Umlat

Quote from: Sikkem on March 19, 2010, 05:12:23 AM

Well apparently according to Eildroth (sp) it's to show that they do in fact listen to us they just don't agree with us. In the long run I am unsure of what the difference is as it still just means the Devs do what they want with no input from beastlords but apparently to the Devs it is an important difference.

Maybe it gives them warm fuzzies  :-o

Sigh. So they use up development time to fix a spell into a version most of us will never use in its "fixed" form, with the rest using it sporadically, rather than a) listen to us, the end user and provide us with something worth using or b) allocate the development time someplace else where it won't be wasted. If the dev team has only so many hours to work on beastlord code, this isn't just indifference; it's contempt.

It is said that those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. For the record, "Let them eat cake!" didn't turn out so well for Marie Antoinette.

Karve

Not more aa's omg I'm trying to catch up but (ok I had 3 months off again) just grinding AA's is even more dull that grinding levels. I only need another 2,800 or so.

I mean WTF!

Professional Mad Bastard.