Main Menu

Level 60 pet summon w/DPoC

Started by Tastian, May 11, 2004, 10:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Seen a few questions about this lately and I knew the pet chart was wrong, so here's somethings I just tested.

-  Pet is Low Blue to a 65 when summoned with DPoC
-  Level 48 said pet was DB
-  Level 46 said pet was Yellow
-  Pet regen'd  ~2.7% per tick.  Usually 3% a tick, sometimes only 2%

Oneiromancer

Wow, only 3%?  And level 47?  That would seem to indicate that the DPoC does not affect that spell, since I think the unfocused pet is also level 47.  I believe someone before once said that the DPoC affects spells of level 60 and above, this would indicate that it only affects pets of level 60 and above.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Atropine_BB

Did you test to see if the max hit had changed on the lvl 60 warder when focused?

Max hp?
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Tastian

Max normal hit (non-crit hehe) was 70.  I didn't do hp tests.  DPoC is obviously effecting the pet since the max hit went up.  The lack of a level change may very well be only for the higher/highest level pets I'm not sure atm, but I'll try to find out.  Also the regen seemed pretty good.  I honestly don't recall what level 60 un-focused pet regens, but focused was doing 3% a tick most of the time with no buffs on.  If someone knows how much the unfocused/unbuffed level 60 pet usually regens post away, if not then I'll try some more stuff out tomorrow if I get time and let ya's know.

Dakat

If you read the patch message, the upgrade only affects the level 62 and 64 pets only. As for the DPoC or any other pet summon augment.

Tastian

"If you read the patch message, the upgrade only affects the level 62 and 64 pets only."

And if you read my post you'll see that if I have my DPoC equiped well I summon the level 60 pet it regens faster and hits harder.  lol  The mage epic pet(now coded as 59th) wasn't listed in the patch message either.  I'm guessing because the non-PoP pets don't recieve the level boost.  However, the patch message lists spirit of arag and even though that pet shows increased performance the level on it doesn't change from my experience.  The focus definitely works on the level 60, 62, 64 pets in various ways.

Bengali

They're two different things, like Tastian said.  Summoner's Boon is a focus effect (on the DPoC) that should work on all pets from 59th to 65th level.   The upgrade/rebalancing that improved pets above and beyond that only applied to the the Arag and Sorsha pets (62 and 64).
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dakat

yeah your both right. I was thinking the 2 were the same at the time. God I have mid night shifts  :shock:

Tighe

I was also under the impression that both the 62 and 64 pets were level 60.  Today my friend who is a 61 necro stated to me that my pet was a white con to her.

Now unless my initial impression is wrong, then the DPOC actually gives the pets a level, which is a total surprise to me...has it always done that?

Bengali

That was part of the recent pet changes -- some focus effects that didn't increase pet level before now do.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

Yeah it's a semi-recent change and was covered in other threads.  Basically DPoC raises sorsha to 61, but leaves arag and khati sha the same level.