Main Menu

OoW Charm spell?

Started by Khatias, July 14, 2004, 05:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khatias

WTB charm animal spell. druids get it, why not BEAST LORDS. i dont even want DC, just a regular charmed pet. can break and such, but makes it fun to have several methods/options of play, rather than pull with slow, you tank, back up at 50%, throw a couple heals on yourself and jump back in, gets a bit boring after 2 1/2 years since SoL came out.

Khat
Morell-Thule

Rhaynne

QuoteWTB charm animal spell. druids get it, why not BEAST LORDS

Probably because we're not druids.

The lore of the class is that we are bonded to one animal.  It is our companion, friend and ally.  We don't hop around the forest enthralling an army of bunnies to follow us blindly into battle.

Charm doesn't fit our class in any way, shape or form.

Tastian

"We don't hop around the forest enthralling an army of bunnies to follow us blindly into battle. "

So it was wrong to use puppet strings and charm/buff snow bunnies back in the day? 8(

Eatbugs

Yes, it was wrong!

You should have been using the Pouch of Mistletoe Powder instead. Much cheaper, and just as effective for buffing snow bunnies into the BUNNY OF DOOM.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Skratchen

Quote from: EatbugsYou should have been using the Pouch of Mistletoe Powder instead. Much cheaper, and just as effective for buffing snow bunnies into the BUNNY OF DOOM.

I remember making a BUNNY OF DOOM with old pet level buff waaaaaaaaaaaay back when bst pets were a spell icon.

Many a laugh was had with that old trick :P

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Eatbugs

QuoteMany a laugh was had with that old trick

Just had to be careful and not SoW them.  First time I tried it the laugh was almost at my expense, although I suppose if there'd been anyone watching it would have been pretty funny seeing a Troll running like hell from a snow bunny.  (Befriend Animal wasn't a particularly reliable spell with a charisma of 45.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Phanq

Quote from: Rhaynne
The lore of the class is that we are bonded to one animal.  It is our companion, friend and ally.

Ironically our pets con amiable and not ally.
Phanq - 51st Season - Beastlord - The Rathe server

a_moss_snake_001

Because if we could charm stuff we'd be sick to say the least.

"Lets see Mr Charmie your looking a bit weak there, let me layer IoS + Kragg + Str + Dex + Shifting Shield + Arags Celerity + Rellic + SS/SV + Regrowth on you. There we go. Now be a dear and /pet nospell so you dont waste dps casting any of those low-level innate spells and /pet hold while I pull"

"Oh my, you are flurrying very well today and those critical hits are causing some good damage. Hows the HoV+BSS+SoP+etc you got from that round of group spells (pet affinity) holding out? good!!"

"Oh your HP has dropped a little, I better heal you for over 2k with my mana free pet heal and if you need more I can give you another 2k+ with Sorsha... oh! just in case you get hit again here is PoCalliav".

All that pet utility would turn just about any half decent charmie into a rampaging beast of destruction especially because we could tank for it (which charm using classes usually cannot do).

In most cases we also wouldn't give a damn if charm broke because we'd just hit protective spirit, slow the sucker then recharm (and cure the slow with Abolish Disease, hehehe). Having a fully buffed warder in suspend just in case the charmie proves too much for us to handle wouldnt hurt either.

Thats why :)

Rarrum

I think charm animal would be a bit overpowering for us, just due to the sheer dps of charmed mobs.  I would like to see more animal-only spells though.  I'd love to see an animal-only mez, or even animal only-root for example.

Xarilok

How does that fit in with the lore of the class at all?

We are beastlords...we have ONE faithful companion animal.  We do not bend the will of animals to our advantage.  We are not beast masters.  We are not druids.

Also, I would NOT trade my warder for dire-charm.  Sorry, but a double-hitting 140/hit level 46 or under mob is NOT going to out-dps my level 60 quadding for 74 warder.  Focused, my warder would be even better.  People vastly overestimate the DPS of DC pets.  Sure, they hit for 140, but they only double, and miss a lot due to thier low level.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Vahaus Warder

Beastlords are spiritual Creatures. We are not attune with the animals of the wild but rather the spirits. Since there are not enough "spirits" that aren't considered undead, I see no need for us to have a Charm spell.

a_moss_snake_001

QuoteSure, they hit for 140, but they only double, and miss a lot due to thier low level

Actually they triple/quad IF you take the time to equip them with weps (just grab a couple of mage summoned weps before you leave PoK).

Gourgeous George

Hurrah! All those times pet and I chased Thistle Underbrush through the woods and leaving him with just a few hps so we could watch him crawl away, and then just as he thought he might make it.... BAM Pet snaps him up in her jaws and is doing the infamous Death Roll!!!

Don't know if any of you have watched the film "I'm Gonna Get You Sucker", but that one was for the Evans Midgets - tiny little vicious freaks!

As for the Charm use of the Powder, I thought the benefit was in the chasing and mauling? Was I supposed to use the pouch? Me silly Trolly.
Gourge
67 Feral Lord of Undivided Faith
Drinal

"Please note, no pets or cute fluffy animals were killed or injured during the filming of this picture. That all took place after the cameras stopped rolling."

Choppin

WTB a spell that imbues my weapons with +10 animal bane damage
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Rhaynne

QuoteWTB a spell that imbues my weapons with +10 animal bane damage

lol