Main Menu

Is Calliav even worth speding the PTS?

Started by Saab, August 20, 2004, 10:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saab

Hi,

About to ding 49 tonight. Looking at my new spells...w00t...is calliav worth the pts?

Xarilok

No.

Until you are raiding stuff with 2k AoE's it is a waste.  At 49, I don't see that happening.

Save your points for a Diamond Prisim of companionship first, then augs/gear.

You won't need Calliav until the elemental planes at the earliest.  You will be 65 at that point, so worry about it then.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Oneiromancer

Because of that, don't even bother getting the weaker Calliavs, get the 64 one when the time comes that you might need it.  According to Lucy, in OoW there's another "pet rune" spell that probably won't require you to spend LDoN points on...I'd hold out for that one if you don't think you'll be raiding heavily.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

The level 64 version is worth getting, for raiding and a couple of other situations. (If you don't raid, those situations will be few and far between.)

The earlier ones are a complete waste of points.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Merescata

QuoteThe earlier ones are a complete waste of points

but, but, but, I just wanted to fill up all that wasted space in my spell book.   :P
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Saab

KK...just what i Though...

Save your points for a Diamond Prisim of companionship first, then augs/gear.

760 pts, Tak. So Xarl...I shoyuld save my pts for that.....that aug is a pet focus, correct?...ias i understand it, having that aug worn when i creat my pet makes the pet stronger, then..is that corrrect?  And at 49, there isnt anything  vital from pts before 65 ? I got pack shrew at 44 with the 72 pts I had..I have like 100 pts banked atm...keep savin, ?

Dummkopf

Keep saving, there is a lot nice stuff in ldon to buy but you dont earn many points at the moment. The pet focus is indeed 760 points but works only for pet-spells of lvl 59 and above, so our lvl 60 pet is the first one we can focus with it.

Choppin

Since getting pet affinity I havent bothered with casting the spell much anymore, even against strong AErs, sadly. Before GoD it helped in a few fights.

Maybe we get an upgrade in OoW ? one that ignores DS's and AEs lower than 800, and blocks the big stuff.
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord