Main Menu

Why the hell????????

Started by Zolthas Beastrunner, September 29, 2004, 01:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zolthas Beastrunner

Both today and yesterday on Ayonae Ro, Agnarr was trained from his tower to the entrance of BoT. Why the hell would someonw train a raid mob to the entrance of BoT? (and how?), it makes no sense whatsoever.

(yes i know this isn't a very good rant, but i just had to mention it)

Oneiromancer

I heard that mobs follow you down from the courtyard now, that people can train the stormriders.  I'm going to assume that someone decided to see if Agnarr could be trained the same way.  I guess they have their answer.  As if BoTrains wasn't bad enough already...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Iasca

Do mobs follow you UP to the courtyard now? I used to use the pads as a quick charm solo getaway with my chanter  :roll:

Koullyn

If you pad to clear aggro they summon you back now.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Iasca

QuoteIf you pad to clear aggro they summon you back now.

Heh, isn't that how it should have worked to begin with? :wink:

Oneiromancer

But wait, how can the summon you if you don't do damage to them?  Or are those rules changed too?  Or are we talking about people who take on the named and use the pads to run away if it's going badly, and not those who are just running through and get aggro?

Game on,

Atashi

From what I've read mobs can now use the port pads so they can follow you up to the CY.

Atashi
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=733010" target="_blank" class="postlink">Atashi - 70 Beastlord - Prexus Server
http://www.clannandreolan.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">Clan Nan Dreolan

Essant

mobs can now warp, basically.  as to how it happened, i could take a real good guess but lets just say someone was problably doing something they should be doing.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Essant

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: OneiromancerBut wait, how can the summon you if you don't do damage to them?  Or are those rules changed too?  Or are we talking about people who take on the named and use the pads to run away if it's going badly, and not those who are just running through and get aggro?

You will always get summoned if you are on the aggro list of a sufficiently-damaged summoning mob.  With that said, we can't complain that much about BoT trains on KB  :wink:

Oneiromancer

Yeah, I know that if the mob has been damaged, then you can get summoned...but I'm just thinking about when I run up to SRs (stormriders) I usually go by Water, and sometimes Oreen Wavecrasher is up.  Usually as I run by him he starts casting a spell, but taking the port pad gets me out of range.  If I'm just aggroed by him, and no one else has damaged him, then I definitely should not get summoned.  If he follows me through the port pads that's a different thing, but the summoning makes no sense if no one else has damaged him.

Not that I've been to BoT in a long time...even though I agree that KB probably doesn't have as many trains as other servers they still happen occasionally.

Game on,

Cyphen Wilder

I am only one medallion away from BoT.  I have only been in there very briefly for a Aggy raid I was 85'd into.  However, all I have ever heard about BoT is traintraintrain.  So the fact that Aggy was trained and I admire the trainer (LOL), I am not surprised. :lol:

Dorrogtr T`A

Musogi

Once my guild ended up pulling Emp Ssra to the zone entrance.  Couldn't figure out how the hell it happened.  Tried to reproduce it, but no dice.