Main Menu

DoD AA Parses.

Started by vlad, September 27, 2005, 03:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Yeah that is the big catch with flurry's as like was mentioned they miss/give zero attacks/etc.  Just like our division of power a flurry is a % of a % return since the pet is usually hitting 3(ish) times a round to begin with.

Also flurry can be quite random because of those changes, so having similiar results for a few hour parse might be possible (I'd have to check the numbers).  I'll try to get a few parses in at rank 2 and rank 3 again before I update the calc.  Again though, this is a tier 1 offensive AA for us and never was.

vlad

Well, 7 hours of parses and pet dps is at 72.x so it did increase from 69.x
I guess it should be 1dps per AA but since the difference is so small my parse didn't show it.

IBF is great though, I love 'free' DPS :)
7 hours of parse and it's 126dps vs 112 before it.

Tastian

Yeah.  8)

Also keep in mind that both of these AAs are scaling benefits.  This isn't sinister strike or feral swipe or AAs that are just a flat benefit like roar.  The more damage you do, the more damage you will gain.  As you get better pet focus, the haste, pet gets overhaste, better weapons, etc the gain will be more as it's a % increase for you so the increase will be even bigger once you do more damage. 

vlad

That's true but while IBF will really scale, pet flurry not so much. Even with the best focus (it's not THAT much better than DoN focus) you still won't see much of an increase and I bet even LESS overall DPS increase. For example for me out at 200DPS, 3dps is pretty small but for someone at 400DPS 4-5dps (and that's being generous) will be even less.

Tastian

Like I said BF is really where it's at.  Of course you have to keep in mind just how much 3dps is to some people.  I mean most people only gain ~5dps from getting a MH proc aug and that's a pretty big upgrade that many go for.  Later on you just don't have those options.  Before depths went live there were beastlords that just didn't have a way to get even 3 more dps.  To some it's a bad AA and weak return, but to others atleast it's some return and an option we didn't previously have.

Also the pet will gain a little bit from lots of different things.  Getting a better pet focus will raise the dps some, getting group atk buffs will raise the dps some, getting overhaste from a bard will raise the dps some, etc.

Oh and wanted to mention again that we really have to talk about % gains in many cases.  I know some will be like "omfg a 1dps gain", but if it's 1 more dps onto kick that's almost a 50% boost to kick.  At some points we have to step back and look at the overall gain, but when parsing an AA sometimes it can seem like a very small gain or we might not think it clears the margin of error, but when dealing with smaller numbers it really does. 

Haygrid

Just out of curiosity, has anyone with the new BF AA's checked to see if we would now get more DPS from going F5B in both hands instead of GD mace main and Fist offhand?
7th Hammer Wolf Owner of 70 Seasons
Proud Member of Shattered Destinies
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1082582

vlad

Quote from: Haygrid on October 05, 2005, 03:35:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone with the new BF AA's checked to see if we would now get more DPS from going F5B in both hands instead of GD mace main and Fist offhand?

that is a very good question but I doubt IBF is enough to change the balance.

DontPetBear

QuoteJust out of curiosity, has anyone with the new BF AA's checked to see if we would now get more DPS from going F5B in both hands instead of GD mace main and Fist offhand?

I was under the impression that although you could buy F5B from both camps, they were the same thing..ie lore and could only own one.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

hokarz

I'm assuming that they are like the augs in that one bought from one camp, has a different id than the other camp, so the lore tags won't affect them. I seem to recall seeing someone's magelo with both equiped, but I could be wrong.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Goradana

The blades are indeed different items from the 2 camps, im using two of them.

If u look the items up on lucy and they show as 2 with different item ID, its most likely  u can have one of each (or Lucy got the items wrong)