Main Menu

melee boxing

Started by zacknafien, February 06, 2006, 05:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zacknafien

hello all  :-D

anyone here have any experience boxing a bard? if so i would appricate any tips anyone could give in makeing the toon as easy as possible to box. Lvling the bard to hot buttons etc anything thats helpfull. thx all!

Khauruk

What role are you goign to have the bard play?  What's the group going to be like?  These will have a great impact on how you box the toon.  If he's just there to sing his pansy lil butt off, then the /melody command is all you need to know.  Learn your songs well, figure out what you'll need in the group, and sing away.  Some people use the bard as the main box - pulling, crowd control, singing, while using easily botted toons for each other class.  Whichever way you choose to go, www.eqdiva.com's forums are the place to be.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Utqnia

I would think that a bard is the worst char to box.

Bards are very powerful in everquest, but require full attention and lots of AA's.

If you are planning on two boxing bard and beast I think you are in for a whole lot of headaches.

zacknafien

i plan on useing everything i can get outta the bard .

Mostly just breaking down a camp etc. then letting my bst or war handle the pulling once camps are broken down then after that just /melodying him. thanks btw for the bard site already learning some great things there :).

oh btw atm boxing war bst clr and sometimes just leaveing bst out for rouge : / but boxing 2 melees atm is NP.
My main reason for choseing bard atm is cause of  the wonderfull aa's now that make it basically impossible to fizzle and course all the awesome skills a bard brings to the table ie pulling/manasong/overhaste/ac etc.

gpofcore

I've 3 boxed with a bard but almost all in LDON's. They are great fun in ldon, pull, snare, mez, track, resist debuff, resist buff, slow, haste but not found much use for them outside ldon.  I have a lvl 55 and a 58 bard on different servers.

If you want to try it out get a bard-monk-cleric on test server. Use the testbuff command and take your now lvl 25 team and 3 box a mission. Put monk on auto-follow and have at em. I replaced the monk with a bl at about lvl 50.