Main Menu

Beast / Druid / Warrior Question

Started by Yrrej, February 26, 2007, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrrej

Hi, I have been 2 boxing a 75 beast and a 69 Druid. Just started a 3rd account. Druid was able to power level a warrior to lvl 20 in 2 hours.  My Question is at what lvl will warrior me able to Tank WOS, MPG,  Arcstone,  Relic, The hive, Dire.   Currently my beast tanks with Druid healing and we do ok.  None of toons are or will be raid Geared. Beast fully buffed 12.7 k hp. At what lvl should Warrior have that much HP?
Thanks for any help

Khauruk

A) Lvl will be greatly influenced by AAs and gear.
B)  HP is for whores, AC is for Jesus.  Blasphemous, but appropriate for plate tanks.  Ignore high HP count, and look for AC first for your warrior.  It'll have a much higher impact than you can probably imagine given your time w/ the beastlord.
C)  You give a huge range of difficulty for the zones...simply huge.  It'll all depend on how well AAed the druid/bst are, what gear you can put your warrior in (will you be able to afford GM cultural once he dings 65?), what AAs you go for on Warrior and when, etc...

I'd check out thesteelwarrior.org for more detailed posts on warrior issues.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

zacknafien

What Khauruk said couldn't be more wrong as far as tanks go anyways (then agian thats my opinion take it as you will).  Fyi you'll almost never have to worry bout hp/ac nonsense till your 65+ after that go for a balance find out where you are then go for balance favoring hps or balance favoring ac. Since you said you'd never be raid geared i would highly suggest balance favoring ac; grp encounters almost always favor ac, regardless an hps type tank won't do as bad anyways.

I suggest after the PLing is over go for a clr even tho you miss out on utility hot+ch is just crazy for heals and as your war/clr combo grows it will become extremely powerful and a bstlord will increase the productivity 10 fold. I play all 3 classes and have a druid bot also that i use for mindless farm/tradeskill so i know lil bit bout your situation.

Takecare! : )

Edit : Druids can be extremely good healers even in the highend zones now a days but sadly to be able to handle it druid needs some raid gear/focuses clr even at low lvls can get so much efficency from ch its crazy. But for what you want druid might suffice raid gear or not but places like valdehom rss where most casual/non raids go alot you might definately want clr . This new expansion aslo with full praetorien prolly can take on ashen+ end zones non raid geared.

hokarz

alot of what tanks do best is also dependant on the aa's that are appropriate for the content. Don't leave 65 without all the defensive aa's you can get for your warrior.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Sanois

Yrrej

I got the Warrior to lvl 62. Was thinking about buying him dod and don, and doing some of the missions. Was wondering if lvl 62 is too low for missions with a 75 beast and 70 druid. Also What missions would be good to 3 box.  My Beast and Druid can handle 69.1 hard without any kiteing just would like some other ideas
Thanks for the help

Gunzak

I typically group with a guildie who boxes Warrior and Cleric.  With 12k unbuffed and a little over 2k ac he is able to tank RSS, MPG, 69.1 hard, etc with no problem.  Doing MPG my Druid is more then enough for heals with him tanking.  Hell unbuffed I am only a little over 9300 and I can 2 box MPG with just Druid.  RSS and 69.1 Hard would be more difficult but with enough AA I don't think it would be too hard for him.  He said the 69.1 Hard mobs, level 73, were only hitting him in the 600 range.

I have not tried 69.1 Hard or RSS with my Druid healing yet as hes only level 67 and only has 10AA.  Once I get around to leveling him up, gonna try for 68 this weekend, I will try him in 69.1.  Of course at 70 with enough AA A druid can solo 69.1 hard.

Khauruk

Quote from: Gunzak on March 16, 2007, 04:25:12 PM
I typically group with a guildie who boxes Warrior and Cleric.  With 12k unbuffed and a little over 2k ac he is able to tank RSS, MPG, 69.1 hard, etc with no problem.  Doing MPG my Druid is more then enough for heals with him tanking.  Hell unbuffed I am only a little over 9300 and I can 2 box MPG with just Druid.  RSS and 69.1 Hard would be more difficult but with enough AA I don't think it would be too hard for him.  He said the 69.1 Hard mobs, level 73, were only hitting him in the 600 range.

I have not tried 69.1 Hard or RSS with my Druid healing yet as hes only level 67 and only has 10AA.  Once I get around to leveling him up, gonna try for 68 this weekend, I will try him in 69.1.  Of course at 70 with enough AA A druid can solo 69.1 hard.

At lvl70 w/ all but DoD mitigation AAs done, almost max avoidance (no imp dodge/block at the time), I was getting torn up in 69.1hard.  Slightly less HPs then you, but a more tankable setup.  The regular 69.1 was easy to do, but with paper towel mitigation, we suck when they start hitting hard.  I haven't tried it since I started levelling again...I'm mostly soloing in Sunderrock lately.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

If your going to buy an expansion wait until April 23rd.  SOE is coming out with a new package that has ALL expansions including TBS for only $20.  I was gonna buy TSS tonight but I will wait another month and get TSS and TBS for $20 instead of $30 each.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

rhaug

got a druid bst wiz combi for easier zones and some tbs missions like fate of the combine thats enough
but would trade anyday the druid for a cleric
clr can rezz and heal much more on the high hitting mobs like valdeholm etc
and the nameds in all zones

very high lvl druid with good gear and lot of aa is maybe good enough
but the clr heals simply rocks and pacify