Main Menu

Spoiler: How to get your 70 aura...(confirmation pls)

Started by Raetherin, February 26, 2006, 09:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raetherin

Spoiler from goberserker.com on how to get your 70 aura...

You do this quest in Devastation. You need to loot 9 skins from red con mobs.
The quest starts as soon as you loot one skin automatically

Patched of Dyed Kobold Fur
Tattoed Shillskin
Scarred and Tattoed Skin
Decorated Wurine Hide
Torn and Tattoed Orc Flesh
Scared Bolvirk Skin
Etched Drachnid Carapace
Inked Evil Eye Hide
Mummified Pigmented Skin

When you loot all nine pieces go to maelin and turn in skins(make sure you have room because you will get skins back and notes) Go to East Freeport and buy a book binding in the leather shop. Take all 9 notes and combine them in the book. Turn the book into maelin. You will get your Bloodthirst, and 2 books back. Also you will get another quest for called Become the Vessel.
Raetherin - 70 - Beastlord - The Nameless

Shamno

Asf ar as I know of this isn't for our aura, if we get one we can use via quested.....it is either for our pet proc or rake. I hear 2 different things on this. I think the melee/hybrids who do get auras have ot do this to ge ttheirs.

Dreead

Sutath

can this be solo'd by a bst that is anguish+ geared?
Dark Horizon--Xegony server

Kanan

considering the yellow non-named ogre/giant guy I tanked for a few secs last night was hitting me for 2200, I'm gonna say no ;p

Esp since getting the pet to pull that would be extremely rough and one bad pull = summon to lobby, cuz chances of getting a clr in there = slim.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Constaq

That be a NO.  These mobs all hate each other, and are usaly in packs of 5 or more with only 1 being a red con.  It takes a good group some CC but a anguished geared shammy/drood can be healer.

jitathab

Drops from blue, no named as well.  Named reds prob just drop more often.

Nullef

Got my rake skill tonight...upon turnin to maelin u get a task for more stuff that results in key to Sullon zek's tower.
Took me 7 hrs to get it dbl boxing with my cleric. The Bolvirk skin I got off aug named in Stronghold..was alot easier than the red bolvirks.
Nullef Fier of Stromm
75th Season of Fleas
1600+ aa

lmd

ummm yes a 70 beastlord anguish + geared can solo most of these not all. 58 pet pull the red cons to a safe spot solo and beging to pawn it. giants are about the only one you wont beable to solo and best thing for them is to get a group and go to stronghold and kill named giants there for skins. i personaly camped the the small room with 2 giants and 2 undead in it although if you were to look in the room you would prob only see the 2 giants cause the just kill the 2 undead. anyhow this room i believe was the north room on the west side. 1 undead is reg spawn 1 is a named that has an ae slow, and the giants are just fat ugly giants. BEST way to get around strong hold is to find a way to get ontop of the main wall in the middle once uptop  just keep lev on and you dont even have to worry about IVU....
Predator Perico Thegreatequalizer of Tallon Zek<75beastlrod-1512aa>

Gabbriella

I'm one skin from getting Rake completed.  Is there a timer on the EEs or is the spawn rate slow as all hell?  Even in an empty Devastation zone, you'd be lucky if one spawned.

Kanan

Gabby, head to the N/NW edge of the wall, and camp in the gap s of the hill with tent & such on it.  There should be a canyon with bridge and a spawn point s of there.  In a line, along the wall, spawns will pop up, sit there for a while, and then start pathing on in.  To get ours, we just sat in this spot and waited for the appropriate mob to spawn up and killed em.  It did take a good long while, but it worked.  And you can be certain that the red cons will be in the mix there.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

bham

Once you pet pull a red con out from his buddies and kill him for his skin, you need to train his buddies into another group. For a group to spawn, a group has to be wiped out, and the easiest way to wipe out a group of mobs to get another group of mobs to do it. The reason the giants spawn so rarely compared to other types is that they are so much tougher so that they rarely get killed by other mobs. Run around the whole zone and repeatedly train the yellow con Bolvirks you see until they die. Then new groups of Bolvirks with red cons will pop.

The ideal group has a pet puller to get the red cons, with a mage sitting in camp ready to Call of hero if the pull goes bad, plus an FD class who does nothing but train unwanted groups of mobs into each other. Have a tank and healer sitting in camp to kill the red cons as the puller brings them in and you are set.

Be aware that a lot of mobs cast a snare that is unresistable or very close to it.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox