Main Menu

Furious Jailor quest

Started by Shieara, March 21, 2006, 04:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

So while I am in the quest mood...

Okay, this "task" is easily doable in 45 minutes to an hour.  The result for the person doing the task is this necklace and one aa:

Blessed Seeker Pendant
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: NECK
Stringed Instrument
AC: 30
DEX: +18 CHA: +15 WIS: +20 INT: +20 AGI: +15 HP: +175 MANA: +175 ENDUR: +175
SV FIRE: +30 SV DISEASE: +30 SV MAGIC: +25
Attack: +25 Mana Regeneration: +5
Recommended level of 70. Required level of 65.
Focus: Muram's Fury
WT: 0.8 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8

The mob at the end also drops one of the items listed at this link...

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=dimensional+imprisonment

Although a mission, the neck only goes to the person requesting the mission, making it more like a task, except that you cannot group/raid folks running parallel missions. Also, you need to be sure you follow *all* npc dialogue if you want to finish.  Before you begin make sure you have an inventory slot free, and pick up a copy of the spell nullify magic and an enchanter platinum bar from PoK.

The quest begins in North Freeport in the Jade Tiger Inn.  You're looking for Alchemist Bauer who will give you the mission and a pendant.  He sends you to see Torzan Searfire in the Temple of Solusek Ro.  Torzan sends you to Jane Planesummoner in South Qeynos with a note.  Give her the note and she will brush you off.  Return to Torzan and he will give you a bag and ask you to speak to Loremaster Yoakum in Dreadlands.

Yoakum is outside one of the pyramids near the spires.  Go through his dialogue and An Enraged Resismus spawns in the room.  Be sure you have a friend or two and kill him.  He does rampage, and hits for around 1k but he is very, very, slow.  He seems very magic resistant so don't bother trying to slow him...just beat him down.  Once he is dead loot him for his blood and combine it, the plat bar and the spell in the bag.  You'll get an enchanted nugget which you take to Torzan.  He will give you a ring to take back to Jane.

She gives you a book to take back to Torzan, who sends you to Elder Tozgar.  Tozgar is down the secret corridor behind what looked to me like a chest of drawers.  It's very important that you do not hail him.  If you do he gives you a faction hit that is a pain to repair.  He will give you an orb and send you back to DL.

This is the part that requires a few groups.  There is a smaller spire next to Yoakum.  If you go near it with the orb you will see "A Trapped Spirit" pop (djinn model).  Give it the orb to spawn the Furious Jailor.

The Jailor hits for 2kish, ramps, enrages, and procs for 3k (resistable). He is also undead. His ramp seems to have some kind of mem-blur associated with it, and it tends to move around randomly during the fight.  He will stay spawned for 1 hour. If you have others doing the same task, you can pop him multiple times since there is no timer on him.  The important thing is that the person who did the spawning be in zone, on the mob's hate list, and part of the group or raid that gets exp.  Remember, only one person who has the task should be in raid at a time if you want to chain spawn him (and in fact it won't let you add people most of the time if you already have someone with the task in raid).

Once the Jailor is dead look for Leesa near the spire and have whoever is doing the mission give her the neck.  At this point you can remove the person from raid and shuffle in the next person to pop him again.  Have the person who just did the turnin to Leesa head back to Tozgar for the final reward of the neck + aa, then they can leave the task and rejoin the raid.

If you can muster the numbers for it this is a very nice raid for smallish guilds.   We've killed him a lot, and although the final mob is hardish we have been able to do him with three groups.  Your numbers may vary based on gear level.

Hope this interests some people.

Kenudil

Our guild has done this several times and I find it to be a very enjoyable raid.  Thanks for posting the info.  The rewards are pretty nice.
70 Wildblood Kenudil of The Harrowing - Barbarian - Quellious

Rykusx

This is indeed a nice quest, and what makes it nicer is that you can do it many times over - my guild (just entering PoTime) has spent several nights on it in the last few months, taking 10-20 people through it per night, popping a new jailor basically as soon as the other is dead. To take 20 people through the quest usually runs around 3 hours for my guild, with an average raid force of ~ 40 people. It's important to note that you can do the quest repeatedly and receive an AA every time you complete it.  Also, it's correct that only one person with the quest can be in the raid at once, if you're in line waiting to pop jailor you must sit outside raid.

My experience with drops:

Ring and earring seem to be the common drops, at least 50% of the time one or the other drops I've found.
Belt and cloak seem to drop about 10-15% of the time each.
Rod and shield are the ultra rares, maybe 5-10% drop rate. I think my guild has only had 3 rods and 4 shields drop in over 60 Furious Jailor kills.

Overall it's a relatively easy quest (it can be 2 grouped, but easier with more DPS and healers) for  some Time-quality loot. I'm sure if you had friends who were anguish-geared it could be one grouped, but then again if you're anguish-geared you probably don't need any of the drops =P
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre