Main Menu

70.5 info I wish I'd had, hopefully it'll help some of you...

Started by Rykusx, April 03, 2006, 04:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rykusx

avoid the same mistake. Others who have done 70.5 will probably laugh at me for this, but it was such a shame I felt I had to post this info so others could avoid it.

Last night my pickup group completed 70.5, a first for everyone in the group. We were well informed on the mission ahead of time about mobs and strategies, but still had approximately 15 deaths in total - oddly enough, the closest we came to wiping was on a regular trash mob that 2 rounded our 14k SK tank when he was at ~ 50% hp, but I stepped in with defensive disc and mage landed a huge crit and necro lifeburned it.

Anyways, we managed to pull out the win, with enchanter and mage dying on Emperor kill. As soon as he died, we got a "Task Ended, you will be ported out in 2 minutes warning" message and a trash mob pop on top of us. With enchanter down, I tried landing slow but couldn't stick it, and cleric was nearly OOM from boss fight, so our tank went down. Managed to kill it with 3 surviving group members, and checked Emperor's corpse - he dropped a %10 Dodge aug, (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=45041), but before anyone could even think of looting it, let alone figuring out who or rolling for it, we got ported out of the instance.

None of us had any idea that you got kicked from instance immediately after completing the mission, and the spawn (not sure if it was a repop that warped to us or was triggered by killing boss) screwed us. The 2 minute warning is not listed on Allakhazam's walkthrough, nor were any of us warned about it by guildmates / friends - in fact, everyone we told was surprised, so perhaps it's something new.

In case anyone's interested, group makeup was SK, cleric, chanter, mage, necro and myself.

I'm can laugh about it today (and I'm sure many of you will too), but last night we were pretty mad  :-D

Just thought it was a shame that such a great item (and pretty much all the items in 70.5 seem very nice) went to waste, so I hope this will help some of you in the future.
Rykusx
75 Troll Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre

Nusa

You don't normally have to deal with a trash mob after the win, but the 2 min kick thing has always been there. You have to deal with the dropped loot fairly quickly.