Main Menu

PoK Gate Neck Question

Started by Ukator Iceblood, April 07, 2004, 06:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

I'm just starting this. First thing I'm trying to get is the Bottle from rats in PoJ. I'm slaughtered a ton already and have gotten nothing. My question is does it drop from the upstairs near zone out rats or should I be killing down below?
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Sempai

Drops from the rats near the zone. That is where I got mine. Just stupid rare, as are many of the drops for this quest.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Kanan

Quote from: SempaiDrops from the rats near the zone. That is where I got mine. Just stupid rare, as are many of the drops for this quest.

Of course some obnoxious folk can get the damn bottle & the tricoated to drop offa their first rat & spider respectively.  Lil sickening how a guildie did that ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kuttykins

Drops near the zone yes, but every time i have been there it drops off every rat in my path. Guess its my luck tho. Because now i don't need it, i think they made it drop less anyhow.

Eatbugs

Quote from: KuttykinsDrops near the zone yes, but every time i have been there it drops off every rat in my path.

I've never seen it drop from the rats anywhere in the zone past the first block of cells - I'm pretty sure it can't, based on weeks of killing further in.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Chubaka

Can this item be recharged?
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Kherryn

Not that I know of, you either need to get the next level, or get the first one over again.

tkyn

Gate necks 1 and 2 cannot be recharged. You may use all of their charges up before turning in for next item in quest chain. The third one has unlimited charges, but still requires the reagent. Its probably cheaper to just use gate potions, and keep few reagents aoround for emergencies in the long run.
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

Ttony

Quote from: tkynGate necks 1 and 2 cannot be recharged. You may use all of their charges up before turning in for next item in quest chain. The third one has unlimited charges, but still requires the reagent. Its probably cheaper to just use gate potions, and keep few reagents aoround for emergencies in the long run.

Gate potions run about 300pp apiece last time I checked and the QoK was going for 100pp. About a third the cost to use the necklace. Well worth the effort to do the quest. The Thurgadin gate potions are the cheapest but have to keep up the faction there.
Ttony Ttiger
70 Vah Shir Beastlord
Raeign Foraeist
65 Froglok Cleric
Pyin Tupanger
57 Half Elf druid

Kuroii

In the Bazaar a 10 dose gate potion goes for about 3200pp.

But if you only use 9 charges then sell it to any vendor you get 1900pp back.

So 9 uses = 1300pp = about 145per use and much much easier to get then the gate necklace.

Liga

But for many, the gate neck will be worn because it has stats for the neck slot.  Just saying that you need it for the gating feature isnt looking at the whole picture.  The final neck is a very decent item especially since its got 15svall.

Dakat

There are 3 sections you can kill for rats.  The further you go in the higher your chances. The harder rats drop alot more frequently then the ones at the zone.  The 3rd prison area on either side (people or animal) have pestilant(sp) rats. Slightly different name then the rats at the entrance.

Before the revamped the exp for people over 60 to get exp on level 50 => the rats at the zone out were green to a level 57. The rats in the second prison area were green at 60.

First prison rats are green, some in second area are green and light blue. The ones in the third prison areas are blue to a 65. They hit the same but have lot more hp then the other 2 areas, and also proc a disease based slow. These guys you will see the bottle drop a lot more often then ones in section 1.  Where is prison area 3?  On either side of prison 2, if you go towards the trials area and turn right instead of left, beyond the Goars they roam the halls here. If you go right, toward Mavuin or 4 spawn, go left instead of right pass the Goars here and the rats wonder the halls here.  Watch out though, since any mob inside their cell will agro you if your to low a level. Just dont pull rat if the rat is in front of a cell door.

Froydian

Hey there guys, Been lurking on here forever. Anyways, I was wondering about this part of the quest. I have been in PoD trying to get the last part of my 1st neck piece. The creeping silk strands. Everywhere I have checked says that they drop from the pile of biles and i have killed a ton of them, and not just them everything over there, the rotting ones the festering ones, the larvae, the rats, everything, and got 1 EP (yay IoS), and a few (very few considering that I have earned 2 AA while working on getting this drop) random loots and research components.

Bleah, am I not killing the right things or are these things just incredibly rare?

Thanks in advance.
Froydian
60 Bst - Stromm
Froydian
60.10 Bst - Stromm

How fortuitous - That means lucky.

bellzebut

Probbably just rare.
Im still missing that piece, but i remember i tried for over 3lvl in PoN (from 53-56) for the spider drop(fungu something) and never got it. Finaly got it at 57 while we were on our way to the maze walk or something, it was rotting.
Same thing with the spider in Poi never manage to get it and the other day i was fighting with a SK friend there and we got like 4 tri-coated thingy to drop in less than an hour. Couldnt believe it hehe.
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Shieara

Silk strands are just rare.  I unfortunately had to do that part three times, once for me and then two other times for friends.

The real pain comes from the spider guys in PoI.  Spent hours and hours on that sucker.

Now I am stuck on the PoV drop for the second one.  Can't get it for the life of me  :?