Main Menu

Shawl 8 completed

Started by Oneiromancer, July 26, 2004, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Forgot to post until now...had the items ready for the Walk-the-Dwarf part of the 8th shawl ready since the 18th...but a combinations of no willing enchanters and my girlfriend getting into a car accident (she's okay) delayed the actual raid event.  But finally on Friday night a few members of my guild (including my GL) and I got together some other volunteers sitting around in PoK, including 2 enchanters, and we did the walk!

Very glad we had the enchanters, since the dwarf was accidentally aggroed on 3 out of the 5 ambushes...including one I did myself.  The first time both chanters also got aggro trying to memblur, and their sword pets started whacking on him...and they couldn't call them off.  And since he was aggroed, our healers couldn't heal him or something...well finally the memblurs took and he got healed...the rest of the times were more or less without incident.  The cleric that was along could actually use one of the incidental drops, and a beastlord got another one.

It is very nice to have this over with...and of course to have the shawl itself...now I don't know what to do with myself.  First iteration is to do the world-exploring that I had made a post about so long ago...and I do feel like that would be fun to do some day soon, but I'll be looking for another quest to do soon too.  If anyone has any suggestions on a fun quest to do for a non-raiding, non-flagged 65 beastlord that would be great.  Mostly solo is a plus, I have all tradeskills up to shawl-trivial levels (except for 6th shawl level Tailoring).  A friend of mine was going to MQ the 8th Coldain Ring to me at some point...I don't know if I'll take him up on that offer or just do it all myself.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Eatbugs

Congrats!

Shawl 8 was really worth doing for me - I still swap it in for buffs fairly often.  The 8th ring MQ really isn't necessary if you're going for the ring quests, I did them all solo through ring 8 in about three hours.

You might look into the Droga item quests - some decent things to camp in there as well.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Oneiromancer

Oh yes, I have all the parts for the Aged Earring of Aptitude...just waiting for them to reset the slaves or for some large guild to do the necessary raids again since I missed out on the slave by 3 days or so.

Game on,

Deathclaw

Quote from: Oneiromancer
Very glad we had the enchanters, since the dwarf was accidentally aggroed on 3 out of the 5 ambushes...including one I did myself.  The first time both chanters also got aggro trying to memblur,

done the walk alot - most of the time without an enchanter - the cleric atone (or whatever it called) works ok for the memblur - just need to cast it 3+ times or so to get it to land.

and gratz, i love mine.

Salebi

Congratulations on your new shawl!

As for a new quest to start, maybe Spirit Wracked Cords or start on Aid Grimmel.

Oneiromancer

I didn't know about Atone, thanks for that info.  Our only cleric was 61, not sure when they get that spell...

Spirit Wracked Cord, I think I didn't view that as an upgrade...I could be wrong...and Aid Grimel I won't do because I don't have the flags required (nor do I plan to any time soon).

Thanks!

Game on,

Hereki

Atone is a level 34 cleric spell.  It is also a clicky on the Water Sprinkler of the Forlorn, which drops in Chardok.

Sorien

WOOT, nicely done.  I've been eyeing this quest for a long time.  I've finally gotten off my butt and started on lvl'ing the tradeskills.  I figured to get the hardest out of the way first.  Thats Tailoring.  Currently at 109 tailor & got a full bank of components to make 200 Wu'S combines.  Will be 150 in the next few days from that.  Then the hard stuff with tailor start.  Once tailor is up to 200, I figure the rest will be easy comparing, thus a cakewalk of some sorts.  :)

Deathclaw

i stop after wu maxed - was quicker /easier for me to farm the fails on the tailoring parts of the shawl, then it was to get skillup after wu.

JillieMT

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Vidyne

After 158 Tailoring is... how can we say... the most vile, evil, crappy tradeskill known to main to get to 250.

Ive spent more money on getting tailoring 158-168 than I spent on Brewing, Fletching, Baking, and.... maybe Pottery  all combined 1-200.

Smithing would be next hardest but seems to still be easier than tailoring...

Tailoring = #1 hardest tradeskill in the game

Oneiromancer

Actually, doing LoY ribbons wasn't too bad...just expensive.  Maybe I was just lucky to find some of the components for sale cheap enough to get me to 175 or so, which is when I did the 6th shawl on the first try. :D  I had also decided to just get the drops again if I failed, rather than keep trying to get Tailoring up.

I still have those ribbons for sale on my trader though...sold all of the non-Steamfont ones, I might finally just vendor those.

Game on,

Ajaax

After completed all of Wus gear to get tailoring up I worked ont he acrylia stuff to get tailoring up to 170.  If you have cash you can buy most of the stuff in the bazaar but if like me you havnt then a fiar bit of farming is required.

The goo dthing about the Acrylia stuff is that you can actually sell it in the bazaar and make a few pennies.

At tailoring skill of 170 I equiped the geerlock thingy for the extra 5% and successfully completed the combine for the 8th shawl.

Oneiromancer