Main Menu

Malaria/Shrew

Started by Kunyn, November 10, 2004, 09:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunyn

I havn't found Malaria yet, is it a quest and the other question is how many points do I need for shrew in LDoN? And is the one particular LDoN merchat that I should see?
Thanks in advance

NoxCruor

Yes, Malaria is a quest.  It starts in Gulf of Gunthak.  Click Here

For Shrew (single) you need 48 points at the Sol Ro dungeon.  For Pack Shrew, you need 72 points at the Butcherblock dungeon.

Information was acquired from www.beastlords.org and http://www.allakhazam.com

Hope this helps.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Tardar

Don't even bother with Shrew.  It sucks.  RS3 is better.  You can already buff vision, so that part of it isn't needed either.  Save your LDON points, and don't waste em on Shrew in any form.

Aneya

RS3 unfortunately does not affect your pet.

So in certain circumstances, Pet Affinity + group Shrew comes in handy. Or single target shrew if you don't have PA.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Oneiromancer

Correct, I got single target Shrew for my pet only, and I didn't even get it until 65 (when I did my first Guk LDoN).  I got Pack Shrew ASAP though, and it was quite useful for many levels since not everyone AAs as soon as they can.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

JillieMT

And Malaria is very handy, I used it well into my 60's. Of course, I am a DoT lovin' solo player...  :P
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

NoxCruor

Rock on the DoT lovinz!

True story (If you've ever seen Mall Rats, you'll know how this works):

My Uncle, Purrific Terror (yes, that's his real name), one day was hunting in Dawnshroud Peaks, trying to get the rock hoppers to part with their hides, right?  Suddenly he gets this awesome idea, "I bet these things will die faster with a dot or two on em."

So right THERE he pulls out his dusty spell book and starts memming Venom of Snake and Malaria!  After a few moments to allow the spells to refresh, he starts going on a casting spree!

I mean, he's casting dots on this, dots on that, having a blast.  Meanwhile his warder at the time (he's gone through five), stops clawing and swiping at an Age Old Rockhopper and takes a small break.  My uncle decides that this isn't cool, so what does he do??

HE FREAKIN DOTS HIS WARDER!  Well, next thing you know, you see this tiger the size of a kitten, appropriately named Krull the Warrior King, leap up and start clawing my uncles face!

He's flailing his arms, running around in circles, screaming in agony as this little tiny warder starts to ENRAGE all over his face!  I mean this warder is throwing everything it can at my uncle!  And I do mean...EVERYTHING.

All of a sudden, the dot wears off, Krull is coughing the last of Malaria out of his lungs, and my uncle looks down and sees that his "loyal" warder had severed more than flesh from just his face.

He pulls his leggings back up, embarassed to all heck at being neutered that way, and sits down and doesn't say or cast another thing.  Krul goes back to the rock hoppers, and nothing is ever said about that at all...

So moral is...watch where you cast.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Panthermask

I bought single target shrew for pets in general, not just my own.  SK's are VERY happy when you tell them you can speed buff their pets when they're using them to pull mobs that hit for obscene amounts.  :)
"They call me the King of Sticks.  Perhaps you've heard of me."

Stuff Dead Things Didn't Need Anymore...

Nekokirei

Quote from: NoxCruorRock on the DoT lovinz!

True story (If you've ever seen Mall Rats, you'll know how this works):

I've seen MR but can't recall the tale.  Been too long.

Hafta admit, I love DOTs too.  Shrew has come in handy lots for those w/o RS3 and warder indoors.

Quote from: NoxCruorSo moral is...watch where you cast.

Hrm.  I cast an awful lot of DOTs on Fuzzbutt to raise conj.

/eyes warder warily, notes something rather disturbing in that benign appearing blink

Maybe I'll just go back to casting summon food/drink to raise conj...
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Growls

OMG, that stinkin wolf is driving me nuts.  3 days at the fort and no pop yet.

51 bst and fellow DoT lover. :P

Tiroon

Ya the wolf is a bit of a b....unny. :evil:

Make sure you check all huts and campfires around the fort before starting to hunt. If the wolf is already up no amount of killing will make a seond one spawn.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

tunr

Pack Shrew is a must since it is one of the only speed buffs you can cast indoors.

I always cast it on any group I'm in and they love it.
Tunr Pishsandwitch
an Officer of
SoulBound of Mith Mar
-----------------------------------
We are the beastlords that say -- 'Roar!'

Grbage

Invis up and investigate all the huts. Found the wolf on my first try doing that.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Cyphen Wilder

You dont need to check all the huts.  Just check the huts where a mob is lying down.  The mobs lying down are the place holders for the wolf.  Kill them and wait for wolf to pop. 

Tiroon

I've found the wolf twice outside the huts when doing the quest with guildies.

Maybe inside the huts it spawns only where there are mobs lying down but its definitely not the only place where it can show up.

Just in case you've got higher level friends who have hunted in Dulak: Chances are that they have some of the "Find Xoomix" quest pieces gathering dust in the bank but are missing the "metallic oil" found where the wolf pops. Maybe asking around will motivate one of them to come and tear up the place. 8-)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.