Main Menu

Coirnav and beastlords

Started by tiggerroo, January 07, 2004, 06:05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggerroo

What do you think the best things a bst can do on this encounter?

Our guild has banned all pets from water, we can't root or AE, I tend to nuke cuz it's too hard to find the mobs amidst all the people.  So far, we've been saving MGB paragon for Coirnav himself.
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

shenker

Pets are not banned for us providing you have /pet hold to be able to keep a leash on em. As for the coirnav encounter.... I don't do much until we fight the minis and coirnav.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Razimir

I spot heal during AoE and after that use my max dps and mgb paragon at some point. Imo pets are very good during Coirnav when max dps is needed... Coirnav is the only time in PoW when I use my pet and PoW is usually the only place I don't use my pet. :)

Mahes

When we did Coir, I would generally use a pet, park him in camp with /pet guard here and /pet hold.  I would then assist the monks / rangers / whomever in pulling trash.  When the trash was in, I'd F8 and melee the nearest mob as well as spot heal the casters.

On Coir himself, I'd MGB Paragon when the last named enrages, then go full out offensives spells and disc.

Voidstalker

same, F8 Attack. Also i try to slow the mobs when since i usually get stuck in the frantic zergfest of meelee.

cold nukes are mostly useless in water.

I don't use pet since I have hard enough time controling myself in water let alone a pet. Pathing will also kill the pet when it decides to walk into a wall.

pet hold or SM pet until the end

also use flame instead of relic.

further, val shir beastlords have it tuff since there shrunk warder is still freaking huge. they get massive complaints about the size messing up other meelee.

Argach

This event pretty much sucks for us, or at least I haven't found anything too useful to do before the minis and the big fish. I MGB paragon at some point since there is no point not to and dot/melee the bigger mobs. During one attempt I was frustrated enough to intentionally dot one of the minis with scorp venom right when we engaged and idled the rest of the fight in tranq.

The hectic air of fighting against clock while trying to avoid too many deaths alleviates the feeling of helplessness somewhat - I'd really hate this event if it was as long as Xego or Rathe.

Rhaynne

Coirnav tends to be one of my favorite encounters out of the Elemental gods.  Depending on how your guild handles the encounter, beastlords can be very critical to the initial phases of it.

Mallahki

I really dont use a pet much in water, not because the guild doesnt allow them, just because push is enuff of a problem that i dont need to worry about if my pet is tryin to push a mob into a wall along with half the guild, heh (i would use a pet if we struggled with the fights, and we needed more dps, but it is all pretty trivial at this point).  Our nukes are useless, or at least close enuff to useless that i dont even mem them in water.  For Cornaiv, I just MGB paragon when we engage cornaiv, then straight melee.

Emmdee

My guild hasnt been able to beat Coirnav yet mainly due to a major lack of him spawning for our timezone and we haven't been able to get the trigger and pull right yet.
In saying that though, i haven't once put my warder away in PoW at all but i keep a tight reign on the push and only let her attack when the mobs aren't anywhere near the walls. I do plan to use her for the Coirnav encounter because i feel naked without her there.

sarjent

I don't use my warder at all.   Initially I did because looking for a target in that zone is hella hard, but spotting which mob my warder is beating on is easy.  

I also MGB Paragon just before we engage Coirnav, like the split second before.

thukthuk and gator

Beastlords in our guild have suspended pets for use on Coir himself.  During the actual event we cycled though MGB Paragons.  I think we did one at the end of the last wave of "babies", 1 on the 2nd mini, 1 on the 3rd mini, and 1 on Coir himself.
Thukthuk and Baron Gator <Arete> E'ci Server

Thuky's Gear

Ghoat

I still use my pet a lot for targeting during the encounter.  I have a helluva time in the fight getting on mob & staying on it, so at least I get in some steady dps from pet.  I hate PoW with a passion.  Like Sarj mentioned we will pop a mgb paragon right b4 engage, and try to pop another shortly after, then it's just a matter of dropping a dot or two (so even if I get kilt by adds, I have some damage running) & popping melee discs.  If pet is still alive, I'll use him, but if he is dead, I usually dont make another.

No reason at all to forbid pets, unless you dont have the aa, or a bad track record as a handler :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Dummkopf

I dont use my pet on that encounter, might suspend one next time to get him out for the squid. We try to stay alive (main concern is number of deaths in a smallish guild)  and rebuff rezzed ppl, i do sometimes a bit dps during waves but we ae those so my main concern is to keep wizzies and druids alive or rebuffed. On second or last mini we do the first mgb paragon, next one on coir engage and then just chain it. Normally i start the mgbing and thus have free time to do whatever i like on coirnav himself, so i just ninja preslow him (it lands pretty easy) and sick 4 dots in, switch into melee discs and try to do some damage.

As others here i hate PoW with a passion, but the coirnav event is kinda nice just because its so fast.

Satush

I've only been on the Coir attempt once with my guild, because i just got back after being away with a fubar comp, but i already friggen hate this damn zone. i can not find anything to do.  one reason might be i can't have my pet, and another is that trying to melee while swimming is frustrating after about 5 mobs.   :evil: