Main Menu

Incorrect Damage Reporting

Started by Ikkorus, March 28, 2006, 02:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikkorus

Anyone else having an issue with critical hits reporting differently than what hte damage filter says it is?  For example:

This is just one of the smaller ones.  I have had differences of a couple hundred points of damage and it doesnt just happen with Rake it happens with standard attacks as well.

Rarrum

Happens on about any mob that mitigates or is vulnerable to a specific type of damage.  Been a long-standing bug they chose to ignore.

hakaaba

yeah pretty much any mob GoD+ will do that.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

recoil silverclaws

allways thought that was from the AA that incress's the max melee crits and it just dident add it till after it hit /shrug im probly wrong tho
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Ikkorus

Quote from: recoil silverclaws on March 31, 2006, 09:23:21 AM
allways thought that was from the AA that incress's the max melee crits and it just dident add it till after it hit /shrug im probly wrong tho

That could be it as well since I didnt get Veterans Wrath until PoR came out.  Now my question is this though...which number is the correct damage output?

Urim

The discrepancy in the numbers is not due to veterans wrath or the AAs, it is solely due to mob weapon mitigation. GoD introduced the concept that some mobs take less/more damage from certain weapon types.  When they implemented this, they somehow forgot to make the changes to the way crits were displayed causing this kind of confusion.

The real damage number is the 'You punch a discordling enchainer for 1082 points of damage'. The difference between the 1082 and the 984 is the % weakness that type of mob has to whatever weapon you are using. In this case it would be roughly 10% added damage from H2H weapons.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'