Main Menu

Getting Tormax faction for GoDS

Started by Zatrik, October 18, 2004, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zatrik

Hey, I got a yelinak head the other day, so it's become this huge faction curse.  I know on PC these are probably not worth much, but considering my guild, which is the highest raiding one on the server is only doing Ssra at this point (AL, Cursed, XTC) and some other Luclin targets I don't think I'll be getting anything better or even close anytime soon.  PoP is much farther away.  Plus I just like quests (I have spirit wracked cord, shawl, epic, and wood elf illusion crown heh).

Problem is I want to get my KT faction up (how high do I need?) without killing my Coldain faction.  I'm ready to do the 10th ring war, and don't want to mess it up.  Any tips for where i should hunt?  Is it faster to go to Skyshrine and just kill the little stuff there, or am I better getting a small group and killing the easy dragons in WW?  Are there any I can solo at my gear and AA level?  That should get my kromzek faction up, but after that are there easy quests I can do to raise Tormax faction?  Or would it be faster to kill the coldain, and then fix it after I get the gauntlets?
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Dumpty

Best way afaik is repeated Yelinak hits (or dain)
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Giledorm

If you're ready for your 10th ring, why don't you just do that and THEN start kill the Dain/Yeli for Tormie faction?
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Zatrik

Meh, cause the ring looks like such a pain in the ass and I don't know when we'll be able to spend 3 hours on something like that.  Schedule is kind of packed with more important things for the guild.

Anyway, yeah more Yelinak kills would be nice, just don't know how often we're going to kill him.  He was unmolested for over a year.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor
Visit our little Mac server at eqmac.com or if you have a Mac download the client and get a free cd key here.

Raaski Razorclaws

QuoteProblem is I want to get my KT faction up (how high do I need?) without killing my Coldain faction.

Very simple to do if you got some extra cash or another character to kill Coldains out in GD. Just go buy a ton of coldain heads from the bazaar or farm them with another character out in GD (the mines near the southeast corner is best) and then take your heads and turn them into Captain Bvellos in Kael. He wanders from the bank into the arena, if you don't have Kromzek faction to do turn in you can do the old bard trick where he lulls the guard at the door, Bvellos, and the big named behind him in the bank then play his invis song as you turn in the heads 4 at a time. These coldain head turnins give big hits to Kromzek and Tormax and only give negative faction to CoV (yeah yeah, makes no sense). So you can get ally to Coldain and Giants if you really wanted to.

Zatrik

Thank you, that sounds like what I was looking for, I have an alt that can kill coldain for that.
65 Beastlord of Al'Kabor