Main Menu

Post Sonic Wolf Bane quests.

Started by Wulfmaster, March 03, 2005, 03:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulfmaster

I was wondering if anyone has recently (last month or so) compleated the quests that follow the sonic wolf bane quest (specificaly the grimling forest war quest) and if it is still dropping a gernaric, non-class specific quest, and if anyone has done the quest AFTER that one (if its still around) to see if that cloack is vah shir only.

Merescata

Well I can answer all 3 question with...prolly not.    As mucfh as I hate to say it.  I loved the initial cloak quest, but the grimling war part bogged me down.  On to the AC part, all of the changed and I'm not sure anyone really knows if the 'original' final cloak was vah shir only.  They did change the 'new' final cloak and I think its all/all, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers!!
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Nusa

Ya, don't quote him, because he's not right. Well, he's probably right about whether anyones tried the quests recently. Item inflation has rendered them less than wonderful by todays standards.

Original reward was usable by any beastlord, and there were seperate cloaks for the other classes (which were VAH only).
Khati Sha Officer's Cloak
The inconsistancy was probably because they wrote a script to set massive numbers of items to be beastlord usable when the Luclin expansion was launched, since it was a new class. I'm sure the original  intent was that it be a VAH only cloak.
There was final cloak in the series called the Khati Sha Cloak of Hero (or something like that) that nobody accomplished that I know of (stats were mined out of the database during a period when item-fishing with modified links was possible).

Current reward is the same for all classes, and is VAH only. And all indications of the quest continuing past this point are gone.
Officer`s Cloak of Service

I'm probably one of the few on my server who did the original version of the quest way back when. I made toons of all five classes required to make the parts, and sold parts to a few others. But nobody's asked since 2003, and the drops were nerfed enough in Hollowshade changes I'm not sure I'd want to farm them anymore.

Graice

Im trying to do the quest right now...but it is very very slow going...im a)too high to get xp off the mobs, and b) the stupid owlbear cubs that ive killed arent dropping what i need and ive been working on it nonstop for 2 weeks...ive got the sonic wolf tendons, just need the rest of the stuff, and need the claws off the cubs so i can get stretching dowels too...its a really slow quest.

Graice Ninelives....Ayonae Ro=Tribunal
43 Apprentice Beastlord