Main Menu

68.3 spell mission

Started by Tigrah, July 21, 2006, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

Hey guys, I'm a mid geared bst (imo anyway) raid buffed to 9.8k wi/out tribute or growl of panther. 1.4-1.6k ac, and 7k mana. I have tried to pull off the 68.3 spell mission several times now, the most recent attempt ended disastrously. in you guys opinion am I the problem? we had a cleric with over 9k mana, wizard with well over 9k mana, druid wi over 7k mana, our guilds best tank, one of our newer pullers (but did his job as well as can be expected for a bard), and myself. I have heard from my guildies that the best group for this mission was a cleric, druid, tank, 2 wizy, and a mage. This makes me feel like a leech for needing other folks to do the mission for me to get credit.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kanan

I've done it with like 2 or 3 rangers.

Coupla Questions for you: 
1) how big is that biggest tank?  and is he doing the defensive/invuln discs in the right time frame?  (I'm assuming so, since he'll prolly have done them before)
2) where are y'all fighting him?  I'd tried several different spots, and honestly, the last spot I tried was better than most had been.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sharrien

I think sometimes people just aren't expecting the sudden increase in dps from the named at like 30% or whatever it was.  Make sure the healers know that they both need to be healing and should probably switch to spam healing when you get close to the hard part.  Make sure your tank also saves his best disc for then too.  If you have a mage, try to position the target so he can unleash his swarmpets at about 30% without pushing the target all over.  With my mage, I have him alternate nukes with Pyrilen Skin since it's reliable, unresistable damage.  I forget if he needs to be re-slowed, been a while.

The first time I beat 68.3 our tank and a healer dropped at 30% and our mage pet and two warders tanked him for a fairly long time and then the other beast and I traded off tanking to the end.  Beat him with just 3 of us still on our feet none of us a healer and so tore up that I died to an add afterward, but we still got to check that one off from our mission lists.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Taiglin

Quote2) where are y'all fighting him?  I'd tried several different spots, and honestly, the last spot I tried was better than most had been.

Care to share? It has been a while since I tried this. I want to say we pulled him up to the wall to the side of the ramp.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Kanan

standing at base of the ramp, facing east, there is a pillar to the left, out of the water.  west, and a lil north is a room of 2-4 (been a long time so my recall ain't perfect) drachnids.  The pin was not perfect there, but it was the best one that I've found on that one.  Once (and just once) we were able to get a good pin against the doors, but most I've done it with were not willing to do that due to the knockback into add risk. 
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tigrah

we kept him at the top of the ramp facing the wall so his grav flux wouldn't knock us alover the place. The tank has done this mission enough times that he hated trying it again, personally I don't blame him. Our cleric is also very experienced with this mission, I am not however certain of the druids knowledge of the mission. myself and the bard were fairly inexperienced in the mission (myself having no wins behind me, and the bard having never done it at all). The wizard is also one of our best in the guild, and has been key to wins on this mission in the past having mana blazed the sucker at just the right time to ko his sorry butt at the right moment. I'm not sure of what all our tank did, but he did all he could. I did manage slows on him, and even managed to land 1-2 dots at rare intervals on his 8 legged hind end.

Constaq

This guys DpS at the end is quite good.  just have to safe the  DVA/DBA at the end  drood debuff the piss out of him and if you have the CoA mace beat the crap out of him with it! the atk debuff is nice.  And be ready to  take over tanking  with  growl going/ Def Disc and  Hot potion not sure if your thick enuff to hold him long but its what i did/ do.

good luck .. I need to run thru it again for 2 new apps /cry

Vidyne

When I did it, he had a gflux  that threw the group a decent range and maybe a snare.. i cant remember.. but I know a gflux.

He also was unslowable then.

80% increase to 1000 max hit
60% increase to 1700 max hit
40% increase to 2400 max hit
20% increase to 3100 max hit
10% increase to 3800 max hit

We had a warrior, beastlord, beastlord, cleric, bard, and not sure on other one.
warrior dropped around 15%,  beastlord picked it up til about 3%
I picked it up from 3% to dead.

Beastlord was 9500 unbuffed hp
I was 7500-8000 unbuffed.
Tank was around 10k or 10.5 k unbuffed I think

Have since done this with a paladin, shaman, cleric, me, and a couple others.
These were all long ago.. so dont quote me.
The paladin(14k buffed) was able to stay up the whole time on the named.

Have a few friends wanting to try it so may have updated numbers.

When he was unslowable.. he was a beast of a named.

Tigrah

well he is slowable now... slightly slowable anyway. As to the gflux, he still has it, and it does have a snare side effect.

hokarz

we do it with warrior, pally, cleric, druid and two others. We fight him the little room at the bottom of the ramp because the knockback stun/gflux or whatever it is, can throw you off into adds and that really sucks. Pally starts off tanking and at 30% the warrior takes over and goes defensive. I've done it with one other beast, with a necro or a bard. IMO that's one of the toughest missions in all the spell arcs.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Haygrid

Have done this one 3 times now, found that having the tank stopping attacking at 20% makes a HUGE difference.  That was the only time we won.
7th Hammer Wolf Owner of 70 Seasons
Proud Member of Shattered Destinies
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1082582

Tigrah

recent update, attempted it again wi what seemed to be an ubber enough tank... who was on an ego trip :S... failed miserably.
my guild's paly that was wi us last time has capped his aa's recently, and is pretty well geared anymore. hoping to make another attempt at it this week *prays for a win*