Main Menu

With at least 2 accounts what is the best PL'ing class?

Started by dragonmike1969, June 09, 2004, 09:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereki

You seem to have misunderstood what you quoted.  Try reading it again, because what you have written seems to agree with it.

Pussinbootz

I have been PLing a Bst with a 65 Druid.
I did Warrens, then Stonebrunt and now TOFS.
I pull with the druid, snaring two or three mobs, Hand of Ro on all of them and let them beat away on my DS. I try to get as many Red, Yellow or Whites when I pull and I believe I have reached a good balance of max exp vs risk of death. ( Not that it doesn't happen!)
I then run my Bst behind the group, and attack from the "Rogue" position.
I am now 41 and have done 16 levels in a week.

Weapon Skills:
I switch weapons to get all skills up, yet I only have H2H to about 170, 1HB to 150, 2HB is 82 and Piercing is only 68. I have been using SoD, SoS, CHoS, Bamboo Bo (8/20 2HB) and some 12/24 piercing.

Other Skills:
Offence and Defence are about 200, Block is around 150, Kick is 166.

Casting Skills:
These skills suck. Alt is 115, Conj is 65, Abj is 56, Div is 51 and Evo is 53.

I have started to cast Evo and Conj on every mob and Alt twice per mob, but i get a lot of fizzles still.

I have yet to try the "sit in Pok and cast on pet" thingy, I just want to get into the 50s then worry about that.
Pussinbootz
Boge's Pussy

danaconda

Just wanted to be sure what I read was correct. Can you use a pet to get skill-ups? And if so, will it work in any zone by just /dueling, or must I use an Arena type area with PvP?
I hope I can use the /duel way.....I have a lvl 53 necro so I can summon up just about any level pet that I need to use to max my melee skills.

Thanks in advance!
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Hereki

You can get melee skill ups from a pet, yes.  It should be dark blue at least.  You can duel anywhere.

Skill ups appear to be a lot slower than fighting mobs, but that might be just an impression.  If you use pet hold, then you can afk skill up offense and weapon skill - although the pet will shift around as you hit it, so this isn't dependable.

Liga

You cannot do the pet thing to get skill ups in PoK.  It needs to be a zone where you kill things.  Ive had to take a stone to some other place to do this.  Its how I got my cleric's 2hb up :).

danaconda

Ok thanks alot. I'm sure that my cleric can keep up the heals on the pet while my beast uses rusty weapons for skill-ups.

My 3 person group is going to be NEC/CLE/BST.....just gotta PL the beast to 36 so that he can group with cleric and they can both catch up to my necro (54). Once my beast turns 36 I can group all three then go on a slaughtering spree with my necro in Katta. With backstabbing pet, I kill the lower lvl guards near entrance to TM in about 20 seconds each. I've done it before.....GREAT exp all the way to 47 or so. Gets boring fast though.
Dedlee Beatdown retired
Troll Beastlord of Lanys T'Vyl
(moved onto WoW - Mannoroth server, same name)

Dakat

Wanted to post here last night, but got busy here at work, so I am posting now.

Any class really, can powerlevel a new and upcoming player, regardless of the PLee or PLer.  Some classes are better capable of doing it.

PLing a pet class is easy somewhat.  From last I remember, pets do not get a spell check when higher end players buff them.  A level 9 beastlords pet can be buffed with Virtue, Speed of Vallon, IoS and all the usual buffs that a high end player would get.

Doing so though, using the pet to tank instead of the PLee, your skills will be below par and it will hurt you later on.

The same goes for using a class with a damage shield, running out and getting mobs then coming back and letting mobs hit the PLer.  The PLee skills such as defense, dodge, block or similar will suffer. Also, using this technique, mobs that are green to the PLer will flee at around 40% life. Making it that much tougher for the PLee to finish off the mob.

A cleric has the single target ds, enchanter can ds the plee for 11pt, druid can ds the plee for 24pts, and a mage can ds for 25pts.  So of those 3, a druid would be better since they can also heal the PLee and cast regen and sow.  

Have the druid buff str, regen, ds, sow. Then the PLee run out and grab mobs. The PLee will be able to see which mobs are of adequate level. Pulling the mobs to the druid. The druid then can snare the mobs (better to get mobs that don't flee at low life) and keep an eye on the PLee's life.  In most instances, the regen that the druid puts on the PLee negates a lot of the damage done, which means less heals needed.

That's all I wanted to mention for now....

Xarilok

One advantage to the cleric route is the nature of the DS.

I find it much better to pull red mobs to the PLee, then have them swing/cast till the hit them for at least 1 damage, THEN cast the DS.

Cleric DS once per mob = hella lot less mana than druid DS cast once per mob (and clicked off before next one, to ensure no mobs "poof" before 1 point of damage is done).

With a druid, you can't pull mobs that are really red cons, since they often kill themselves before 1 point of damage is done.  Cleric DS is far more efficient in this fashion.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Hereki

Red cons don't give noticeably more exp than white or yellow mobs, but are much harder to hit or land spells on.