Main Menu

Update on final fight

Started by Tzuka, October 16, 2004, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VoS Jamond

So what you're saying is that there is no way for the casters and healers to avoid the AE?
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

negrismorte

Quote from: VoS JamondSo what you're saying is that there is no way for the casters and healers to avoid the AE?

Below is the effect from Lucy.  The range is 200' and hits all on hatelist.  If the 45 sec recast time is correct, maybe you could have a couple healers wait until after the first AE, then heal.  But, based off the description, it doesn't seem like that bad of an effect.  Also, it can be reflected so give that DDA some of his own medicine hehe

Quote from: LucyDiscordant Feedback
Classes:
None  
Description:
1: Decrease HP when cast by 1000
2: Decrease Mana by 100 per tick
3: Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick
4: Decrease Endurance by 150 per tick
5: Decrease Endurance by 100
6: Increase Curse Counter by 16

Monsters with this ability
Girplan Scavenger
Viarglug
Discordling Dark Animist

Details: Raw Spell Data, Lucy Spell View
Spell Type: Detrimental Skill: Evocation
Mana: 0 Target Type: NPC Hatelist
Casting Time: Instant Duration: 1 ticks @L1 to 6 ticks @L10
Recast Time: 45 Resist: Chromatic (-300)
Fizzle Time: 0.00 Range to target: 0
AE Radius: 200 Interruptable: Yes
Reflectable: Yes

Gremkin

Managed to get this fight done last night.

Splitting the DDA from his adds did not turn out to be as simple as I had anticipated.  My original plan was to have a bard pull the room and kite them past a monk, who would tag the DDA and bring him to raid.  I'm not sure how the bard got his aggro, if it was via AE song or just prox aggro, but when the monk tagged the DDA, the warders followed instead of staying with the bard.

Anyway it took awhile, but between the monks and bards on the raid, they finally managed to get the DDA with only 2 warders to camp (which was in the east room up the stairs from the DDA).  We offtanked the warders and burned down the DDA... the AE ramp was for about 750-800 so meleeing him was not all that bad (for us anyway).

As for force used... I had just over 40 people.  My guild has been in the elementals for awhile now, so many people have close to a full set of their elem armor.  We did have numerous non-elemental recruits with us, but the tanks were definitely ele geared.
Elder Gremkin Quickclaw - Wildblood of Stromm (Retired)

Maraketha

We tried this event for the second time last night with about 4 groups.  We didn't really have the tankage needed to go full force and off tank Warders and the DDA, so we tried the spliting technique.

For some reason, no matter how hard our great Monks tried, we couldn't get the Warders without the DDA.  We could split them no problem, but as soon as we'd get a Warder separated and heading up the ramp, the others would bolt at us.  We weren't too keen on training them out of the caves and into the open as there were about 45 other people in the zone xp-ing.  

In the end we conceeded after wiping once only.  I didn't feel like putting my friends through a few more pointless deaths by swarming one Warder at a time and whittling them down.  We're heading back again tonight before our Ikkinz raid so we can be assured the numbers to throw at these guys.

Aeshmal

The assist range on these mobs is enormous. You cannot succesfully split them in the tunnels; you must use the vast expanse of the middle part of the zone to do so. Get them FAR FAR away.

TheOriginalGronker

Quote from: MarakethaWe weren't too keen on training them out of the caves and into the open as there were about 45 other people in the zone xp-ing.  

In the end we conceeded after wiping once only.

If I ever see 45 people in that zone I'm asking them to help out for a few minutes or else I'll be training those warders around the zone trying to split them anyways ...   they'll help one way or another :wink:

Maraketha

Our guild, as well as many others on my server, sometimes has a problem keeping people around after raids to help out on these large scale epic fights.  Our guild logged on last night thinking it was Ikkinz time, and our fabulous guild leader pulled a switch and had us all head to the Ruined City for my epic fight.

We had a full raid force of approximately 68 Time geared people, maybe more.  We pulled off the Druid and Ranger epic fights while we waited on Erana Ferral to show herself, then we hit the Dark Animist and his Warders with all we had.  It was total overkill, but it got the job done.  

We off-tanked the Warders and DDA, beating down 1 Warder at a time and then focusing on the DDA.

Hello epic  :D

Best of luck to all of you who have this event upcoming.

Rhugan

Did something change with this event in the last couple of days?  I was in RCoD watching this guild attempt the final fight and when they tried to pull the mobs outside they would leash back into the room.  Does this mean that the mobs cannot be slit any more because they are leashed to the DA room?  Anyone else see this before?

Eatbugs

Sure you weren't watching the Druid epic fight in the same room?
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Rhugan

Not unless the druid epic envoled pulling the DA and his warders.

Jikaabx

QuoteI can't think of an epic 1.5 fight for any class that's this tough.
Try the Girplan Guardian or the Elite Sun Reveant for the Wizard 1.5 then.

Eatbugs

Girplan Guardian is definitely tougher.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Vidyne

Any news on a change for this?

Time guild I have some friends in last night nearly wiped to 3rd version(live servers) with 31 people.

They were able to kill all 5 warders and simply ran out of mana on DDA with 24 peeps alive and werent able to kill him before MT died from no heals and some of the melee too.

Based on their larger mana pools and how fast they ran out, they estimate the dot is now 300-400/tick, NOT 100/tick.

Theyve completely mowed over lots of other 1.5s with 30 people(besides cleric of course).

They regroup, rezzed, and were able to burn him down the second time, but still took some loses.

Yet some beastlords who did the original fight that was frigging cake...(when max hit was 800, they only doubled, and were FULLY slowable and DIDNT summon)
still say this is the easiest fight since a PoJ trial.
Just tired of it.
If .... they wipe to this encounter and then still take some losses with DDA just solo... then yes I think this fight is a BIT hard.

They were NOT able to split him....
No matter how far they pulled, the warders WARPED to him.

So Im hoping Erana's timer gets destroyed or this fight is nerfed.

Between her timer, and how hard the fight is in its current form... its impossible for me.

Is the encounter itself doable by me?  Yes I can pull together a force large enough to take it probably.

Can I pull together that force AND get it to RCoD before she despawns.
No.... sorry, but no.

The only force I can get there before she is down is 24, maybe 30 tops.

Thats simply not enough so....   putting my epic on hold for now.
Its simply too hard to get 45+ there to do it before she despawns.

For raiding guilds.... and servers where everyone on the server is time flagged/geared, even guildless players and Quarm is done by open raid....  I know you might be able to get the people for it... but without being able to split him...
its just impossible.

Wanted to post this for a long time.
But everytime id write it... Id think to myself... it wasnt worth putting into text.

My opinion on other's opinions and how our Epic 1.5 fight is atm.
/rant off

Sorry... just cant keep it bottled anymore.

Aeshmal

If you can't get people there on an hour's notice, camp the NPC. Find her when she's up, wait for her to despawn. You then have 2 hours to gather your forces. This is not a difficult thing to do, it's just time-consuming and sort of silly.

Vidyne

Have camped it both times I did it.

Have started about 30min after the despawn to gather forces.
Was able to get 3 1/2 groups from guild both times.

Was able to swing only 2-3 friends both times because they are always raiding and never can come to other things.

Most of my friends had said if you had told me earlier today, like.... 4 hours ago, I coulda come.  Thats just not possible with her timer.
I had told them I was doing it that night, but couldnt set a time.

I dont really want the fight nerfed as much.

I want the timer gone though.

Thats the part thats truely eating me.