Main Menu

Aura of the Spirit Idea

Started by Epee, February 03, 2007, 06:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: Mewzee on February 13, 2007, 11:30:33 AM
I am still not sure if 7k mana/hp/end return would be considered too much though and therefore overpowering. If two beastlords were to set off their MGBs one after the other we could get clerics back to full mana during a fight maybe.

I don't see the devs ever going for a situation where beastlords could refresh whole mana pools in an MGB setting....(that's 378,000 mana potential btw when mgb'ed). /tgb, possibly....single target, we could probably make a good case for that.  MGB...not a chance anymore.

Devs are very resistant to any endurance regen.  "Yellow mana" was supposed to be entirely self-sufficient, and be adjusted such that nothing like this was needed.  They failed in that, they are starting to sorta admit that, but end regen is still flatly turned down.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Pakratz

I would LOVE a beefed-up non-mgb version of POS.  Personally I've never seen a raid saved by MGB paragon.  We rarely use this ability at all, probably only seen it be truly useful on maybe 10 fights in the 2 years ive been raiding.  I do use it regularly in groups and solo.  The problem with MGB ability is out of the 54 people it hits, only maybe 20 will have any use for the extra mana at all and of those probably only a small handful really really need it. And 4% mana boost is not going to really help those that really really need it.   

A beefed-up group version would be much more useful both for raiding and for group/solo.  Can you imagine POS returning like 25% of a healer or wizzy group mana pool!

Mewzee

Aura of Spirit type of idea -

why don't we have a new AA ability line that is connected to our Paragon line. This brand new line called Wild Spirit can give beastlords an innate ability to have our AoS/Purrfection give the raid the chance to be able to "critical heal" themselves with either mana or hp while they're in combat mode aka meleeing or casting spells on others/NPCs...make it be in three ranks, the first rank gives you a 5% chance of these crit heals for mana or hp being able to happen, the 2nd and 3rd ranks give an innate 1% gain, being a total of 7% chance for this to happen to the raid, ourselves when we solo, or groups. Of course this will only affect the Paragon line not other healing spells, and it will depend on beastlords using the paragon ability which will retain its 15min refresh timer, and MGB with its 1hour timer.

The way I'm thinking for it to work is like this, AEs are hitting the raid, MGB Heals are thrown, Beastlord throws MGB AOS with new innate ability Wild Spirit, group #1 is being healed normally by AoS with normal hp/mana return, all the sudden 1 person in group #1 crit heals themselves 2300 mana return with a nuke, once a person crit heals themselves for mana or hp perhaps have AoS stop healing that particular person(?) or let AoS continue to heal normally after the crit. Another example: person in group #5 crit heals themselves for 1000 hps while they were meleeing the boss mob. The minum and maximum mana/hp return can range from at least 100 mana/hp to 5k being the max amount of crit heal or mana(?). And of course this will happen rarely, but still theres a chance for it to occur.

Maybe this new type of line ability is the way to give us utility back to the raid without scaling Paragon line and by making this random to happen it wouldn't be considered overpowering. So what do you think? btw percents, numbers ect can all be played around with - these are just made up examples i gave trying to explain my idea and to find the most decent way we can gain utility and have something that can be considered somewhat useful and interesting for the raid to use again and for beastlords to be valued.

Also new spell request -

Feral Cloak - Beastlord self only TIMED Invis - 3 second casting time, 30 second refresh - 200 mana (?) OR Make it an AA ability to buy for 9 AAs, and make it instant cast like Druid Camo invis.

p.s. i posted this in the Got ideas post, but wanted to share it here too since i dont think folks read that thread much any longer.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server