Main Menu

Steeltrap Jaws

Started by Timberghost, September 25, 2006, 06:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takada

The spell is very useful i certain situations, but 90% of the time there is no need for it.

Only time i use it is when i cant slow a mob, our slow is -30 and the rank2 is -80, so ive had this land on mobs that otherwise would have gone unslowed( Raid targets such as Shyra, CHailak, Feratha and even Group Named).

Its saved me  a few times.

And yes i agree with the poster above, id most def rather have a 75slow with a -50 or -60 check.

Otuol

I'm hoping one of the devs sees our plight and people don't flame me to bad but hell this is just getting plain stupid.  I went ahead and posted it up over on the vet boards here: http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=Veterans&message.id=336035.  Go post and keep it bumped over the weekend for them to see.  Maybe we will get some feedback.  The squeaky wheel has to get the grease at some point right?

Kitathia

Very nicely put Otuol!

Now let's hope for a reaction.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Shieara

I gave your post a bump.  It was falling to the end of the page.  I am sad that this very creative spell is not working right.  I always like it when they add unconventional spells.

Nusa

Never ever blatantly bump in the sony forums. It just pisses off the moderators and generally does more damage to the thread than good as the subject gets changed from whatever to rule violations.

Also, the bulk of the devs really do take weekends off and don't spend their personal time reading the forums.

Otuol

People will reply to it though.  With as big of an issue as it seems to be I'm hoping beastlords will post to it and keep it on up there.  Not everyone visits our site here so I am sure there are other bst's out there realizing something is wrong with the spell.

Nusa

Key word was "blatantly", which is what happened (partly your fault for actually asking for bumps). The subject of your thread is currently about bumpage, reducing the odds a dev will respond.

Shieara

/shrug

I had to re-read their forum rules again.  I do read the rules when I join a forum, but I haven't read the EQ ones in years.  I should have refreshed my memory before I posted.  I don't think I will apologize there though, since that will just bump the thread again.  I will apologize here though for possibly screwing our chances of getting the spell looked at.  I really do think it was cool of SoE to try to add such an unusual spell.  Now if only it worked!

I find it kind of interesting that the moderators chose that thread to jump all over.  If you search for the word bump you will find multiple threads where people have bumped posts.  However, there was no moderator interaction in any of the threads I saw other then mine.  Maybe the Steeltrap one just happened to stand out for some reason.

Anyways, I will just try to avoid the SoE forums from now on.  Perhaps that would be best for us all.

Otuol

Well, if you noticed, I went back there and added a few comments while standing up for you.  Per my post, you did add your own thoughts to it.  You didn't just say the word bump just for the effect of keeping it up there.  I thought it was a little harsh for HH-Silver to post that considering you did so. Anyhow, it looks like I left the topic wide open.  I made the mistake of not just labeling it Steeltrap Jaws  :cry:.  The thread isnt seeing a whole lot of input, but maybe that's due to everything has been said in the links I posted.  We'll see, but I do hope others will still go over there and /agree with me about point one and then add their own thoughts to point two which I said needed some discussion.

Kanan

meh.. i swear the devs don't bother to read outside of eqforums much anymore.  Linking to it and then doing add'l commentary helps.

I threw in a few more cents on it again.  I know my idea is definitely a minority (i'm prolly only one who likes it, but /shrug ;p), but its up there, and is trying to get on topic.  And I didn't say jack abt bumping it.  That Admin was being pissy imo.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hakaaba

i'd like it more if it worked

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Timberghost

I did my best to un-derail the topic.  I hope it helps, but don't hold your breath. 

I can't say that I blame the devs for not reading the forums much.  There's so much flaming and derailing and useless bashing there that its damn near impossible to get to whats actually important in a thread and pull the useful ideas out.

Otuol

Looks like we are getting ignored on it.  I tell you what, I am close to giving this game up all together.  My biggest beef with SOE this whole time has been communication, or lack thereof.  They fail to let us know their procedures of how they get things done and fail to simply acknowledge legitimate issues.  I didn't put that out there to call the devs out.  I simply wanted to help the community I am a part of and the class I play.  Sorry, but I gave it my best shot.  Tastian, if you are still reading these boards, what say you?

Kenusten

If it worked, I would use it situationally to help build aggro when I am tanking for a group that has a snaring class.

hakaaba

steeltrap doesnt give you the aggro, it's a pet proc.  Which does make it useful for when you *don't* want aggro, but tanking is a time youre generally gonna want to directly slow.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))