Main Menu

Ok..

Started by Vahrone, September 15, 2006, 10:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vahrone

Alright, I posted on here ages ago asking for advice, I got alot. A friend was allowing me to box her cleric while she is currently out of game with issues irl. So I['v ebeen doign that and started boxing a druid and leveling it on my other account. I have anothe raccount that isnt used much seeing as its my brothers, but he doesnt play all that much and told me to have a blast on it. So im making a monk.. so my question is whether this combo would be good or not.

I'm in a raiding guild, atm im 12.5k hp raid buffed, 9.3k unbuffed, 1800 ac, get up to almost 2k with vic or wov. This is the beastlord. So I shouldnt have trouble int he furute when im better geared with farming and taking most named ill be worried with (raid mobs excluded obviously.. not gonna touch those)

The monk ill use for pulling and dps... obviously.

Druid will be heals, snares/the little dps it adds with dots ect and however much crowd control I get from roots.

Watcha think for farming, taking named, dods, dons, ect?

Taiglin

It could work. The main thing is boxing 2 melee can be a pain. On top of that I would say it depends on your computer to account ratio. I honestly couldn't imagine trying to box 2 melee on 1 computer switching back and forth. If you go Bst/Dru I would maybe suggest a caster as your 3rd toon if only because would take less "face time" to get a high return for your effort. YMMV and really it comes personal preference.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Inphared

I actually prefer to put my melee toons on one computer, and my casters on another. I just turn attack on and put on the DoD disc from the monk (2.0 if it's up), and move them about every 30 seconds according to where the mob is.

Jaeren

As Taiglin said, boxing multiple melee chars is a pain. I would recommend going with a caster or a ranger or something like that. I used to 3 box beastlord, druid, cleric. Lot of healing so if your druid is fairly high level and well geared, i would suggest doing some kind of ranged damage class that doesn't take as much positioning, you just setup a follow train of chars and the ones behind your beastlord just nuke, heal, debuff, etc. Much less work than trying to pull and get the mob positioned, then get agro on your beastlord if he's the tank, healing both characters as you do this and still trying to get some decent dps as well.

But also, like he said, it's personal preference. If you had the two melee chars each with their own machine it might not be too bad, the only time i did multiple melee chars really was when i would use my cousins ranger but mostly jsut used bow with him.. Or the few times I did 5 and 6 boxing. But that was far too much like work running that many chars so I didn't do it often  :mrgreen:

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)