Main Menu

Grind at 59 or 62 (considering vet rewards)?

Started by Gharrik, January 31, 2008, 01:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gharrik

I'm looking for some opinions on the best spot to stop and grind AAs.  I know the typical suggestion is either 60 or 62, but my situation is a little different because I play for less than 30 minutes a day, so I have vet reward servant and double experience effectively all the time.  That takes alot of the appeal of out level 60 since my vet servant keeps me fully healed and highly hasted, making slow and haste spells unnecessary.  The way things are right now at 59, I can log on in Velks and grind an AA in less than 20 minutes, getting a LoN card to drop every 3 days or so that I can sell in /barter to upgrade my gear.

So taking all that into consideration, my question is:  Where should I be directing my experience to maximize my AA grinding rate?

Option 1: Stay at 59 and grind AAs, beginning with offensives since I'm constantly full health anyway.  In which case, what is the fastest AA path to increase my DPS, thus increasing my AA rate?  Do I do ambidex first since it has the highest DPS boost available at 59?  Or do I get crits or some other cheaper AAs first so that staving up for the more expensive AAs takes advantage of the cheaper ones and so goes faster?

Option 2: Ding 60 for the increased pet DPS, but accept the tradeoff that now AAs will come slightly slower and some mobs in my current hunting zones will go green.  In this case, the same question on AA order applies.

Option 3: Move on to some other level (62? 64?) and grind my AAs somewhere else.  My only problem with this option is that I'm not sure I can get an AA faster than 20 minutes (with lesson) at any level.

Thanks for any input you can give me. :)

JillieMT

Well, its hard to say... the lesson vet reward didn't exist back when I was those levels.

I can say though that your play is similar to mine. I am 70, and with lesson I can solo an AA in the same amount of time. So I've a feeling that your capability to get an AA in 20 minutes will not go away, at least through 70. I don't even use that servant... I never remember it!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Nusa

Ditto. When I was those levels, the PoP expansion was still new.

But I do know I can solo an AA in 20 minutes at level 80, without lesson. I could at level 75 too. But having good gear probably has a lot to do with it. That said, I actually get most of my AA's in groups, which is even faster.

Spiritclaw

I soloed in GE at that level (if I recall correctly) and was able to get an AA easy in half hour by fast kills.  At 80 I'm still soloing and now earning 2 (+ depending on buffs) AA using Vet/Steadfast Servant.  At 71 I started soloing in Wos, at 73 I could take 2 mobs at a time (pet tanking 1 and I tanking 1).  Leveling up doesn't mean your AAs slow down while solo.  You just have to find the content you can take with your equipment and current AAs.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Catgon

If you want to stay in Velks, go ahead and level to 60.  Everything in velks is at least lt. blue at level 60, the greens only show up at 61.  Even at 61 I was still getting good exp in velks with my alt warrior due to quick kills.  (as long as i could chain pull 3-5 at a time with a good ds up - 35 from ds pot + 26 from new jewelery + 40 from occasional druid ds - spiders die fast).

Lv. 61 to 65 are currently tougher as there isn't a good hotzone to solo these levels in.  The mobs in the deep don't die quick enough and start turning green as well and the mobs in Droga that are not green hit too hard and again don't die very fast.  NC and HOH can be tough to solo in at these levels as the mob hit significantly harder, although they rock if you get in a decent group with a good tank and healer.

Good hunting.

Catgon

*edit*
Forgot to mention, Velks has ok content for 61-65 as well, but you have to move on to the kobalds.  If you are good skating on the ice, you can make it to the kobald town, if not, you can fall down to the pits.  Either way you should be able to handle the kobalds.  My warrior left due to the kobalds who cast CH, which is a major pita if you miss a bash or two in a row.  However, your pet should be able to stun them enough to interrupt their casting.  Warning.... if you head down to the pits, make sure you either have a gate potion or are willing to camp and return home, because there is not way out solo and no good camp spot to return to.

Gharrik

Thanks everybody.  I didn't realize Velks spiders would stay LB through 60.  I guess I'll ding and get the new pet in that case, and go from there.