Main Menu

festering Malady on test

Started by Moffett, September 29, 2004, 01:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moffett

VoS Jamond

You call 35 more HPs a tick useful?  And I don't even want to start thinking of the aggro this thing will cause....
~Jamond~

Level 70 Barbarian Beastlord

*Veil of Shadows*

*Luclin Server*

agama

not much. bout the only use for this is if you need to dot a poison immune mob.

18 counters is alot of agro. dont see myself ever memming this.

Tastian

/boggle

18 disease counters is an extremely minor amount of aggro.

Also the duration on it is down to 9 ticks instead of over 2 minutes.

The casting time is also more than cut in half.

These are some nice changes to the spell.  The actual damage per tick is still a bit lower than it should be for this spell at level 70, but atleast they have changed it from being a shaman spell to actually being a beastlord spell.  Hopefully we'll see the actual damage per tick go some more shortly.

Moffett

Quote from: VoS JamondYou call 35 more HPs a tick useful?  And I don't even want to start thinking of the aggro this thing will cause....

It is still a 4.1 damage/mana ratio (almost) and with detrimental spell haste will take 1.5 seconds to cast. The spell duration has dropped from 21 ticks to 9 ticks.

Sure the damage could go up as Tastian says, but I find this spell more useful now than before and would mem it. Perhaps this should replace plague at 65 and an upgraded version for level 70.

Oneiromancer

Yes, remember that Disease counters are much less aggro than Poison counters.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

negrismorte

110 per tick ....  still doesn't seem like a level 65 spell much less a level 70.  I think it needs a doubling to be considered useful.

Tastian

It's "useful" as it is now.  I mean I know some beastlords at 65+ that still use malaria on occasions.  As a level 70 spell though it's still lacking.  What it is now is about what I'd expect if the spell were level 66.  As a level 70 spell and eating a rune it needs to be up around the 180 range or so per tick.  *shrugs*  definitely a big improvement, but boosting the damage up will turn this into a spell I want and have mem'd a majority of the time.

Shadowpaw

I'm 67 and still use Malaria. It's the single best value spell we get. There's nothing better than quint-dotting a mob, while meleeing, while your pet is tearing into it.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

Eatbugs

It will be more useful than the previous incarnation of the spell - it just won't be as useful as a level 70 spell should be.  (Much like Plague before it, although at least Plague you could buy from a vendor.  This one you have to waste a rune on.  I wouldn't be as unhappy about that if it wasn't the first spell we get at 70.)
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Razimir

Better to have 3 lvl 70 spells than 4 as this being one imo. Not that the rest of 70lvl spells than pet are any good anyways.

-Raz

Sikkem

Well this spell is live and as Tastian says it is way more useful than it was. Disease is way less aggro the only downside (apart from the dam) is that shamans wont debuff for it.

On the bright side at least it is a stumble in the right direction by sony.. all to late probably I tried a ranger/combo in Guild Wars and it was fun and the hunter in WoW whilst everyone says is way unfinished is heaps of fun also. Most likely to little to late for me and a few othjers, my guild is the only thing keeping me paying sony atm.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Dummkopf

Festering Malady won a permanent place in my spell lineup, its a pretty fast cast nearly aggro free spell, nice to have running as background damage. Still, the damage it does is way too low for a lvl 70 spell, it should be at least around the 180/tick mark if not 200, for a higher manacost of course.