Main Menu

2nd account character choice

Started by Boku, July 20, 2004, 02:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boku

I've got a 62 shaman on my 2nd account that I've always had when making my other chars. I've always had him to power lvl my toons. Well my bl hit 65 bout 6 months ago and I'm finding that other than my shamans heals he's real redundant.

I was thinking about either making a druid or a necro on my 2nd account instead.  

Druid pros:

dd/dots/heals/snares/ports/dmg shields

Necro pros:

Major dots/rez/feign death/pet/some healing

Was thinking i could squeeze out some additional dps through the necro instead of the druid.

What you guys think? Which one? Or an alternate? Or keep the shaman?  As for the druid I've got access to a friends druid that doesn't play anymore and he's decked out through 62. So lvling the druid would not be so bad to gain 3 more lvls.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=359161">Boku Kerrath

Consider that which exists to exist and that which does not exist to not exist, and recognize things just as they are. With such a frame of mind, one will have divine protection even though he does not pray.

Hojo Nagauji (1432-1519)

Chubaka

MAGE FOR PET TOYS!!!!  

LOL!

So it begins again........................

Seriously though, I think the Druid would be better for two-boxing. Ports and Heals and evac.
Chubaka
65 Beast
Terris Thule

Magelo
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=934088

Vidyne

Taiglin

I would do the Druid just because he is ready to go. Have a Druid bot myself and enjoy the in and out of combat versatility.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Pussinbootz

The dps might be a little higher with Necro, but much less utility.
I have a 65 Druid, AAs to the ***SMURF***, and a rapidly leveling Bst.
I find I can play whatever style fits me for the day, whenever, where ever.
i.e. I can just be a buff-bot and use the odd heal ( good for skill ups and such) or I can mass pull and DS (zero skills needed, fast levels)
I have moved pass the DS method these days tho, it is more fun to just float bot in background and go toe-to-toe with the mobs.

Last night in KD I was thumping Giants and only getting heals inbetween each fight....just to make it fun :)

Although I have started a Mage as well.....yes, for pet weapons.
Pussinbootz
Boge's Pussy

Boku

I've just started doing GoD and getting in and out has been doing alot of running not to mention getting way down deep in a zone and having to fight back out. Thinking the druid would make the better partner as well.

Thanks for the input.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=359161">Boku Kerrath

Consider that which exists to exist and that which does not exist to not exist, and recognize things just as they are. With such a frame of mind, one will have divine protection even though he does not pray.

Hojo Nagauji (1432-1519)

Yiktiki

I will back up the Druid... its all about utility.

I consider my Beastlord my primary, first and foremost, so all I need in a second account is something to purely supplement.  I get harmony, snare, root, dots, heals, ports, did i mention heals?

Necro - extra dps, fd for pulls (but harmony works for that in most cases too), a pet... er, why does this matter?

There is just not enough coming from a necro (which is an impressive class, don't get me wrong) to make it a secondary character.  Plus, if you have 62 druid, there is very little PLing time necessary.

Personally, I think the Beastlord/Druid combo is the best one in the game.  Sure a Warrior/Cleric (ultimate tank/ultimate heals w/ rez) is pretty powerful, same with a Paladin/Shaman (slows & rez), but you get so much versatility with this combo, the other pale in comparison.  I know I'm biased, since that is what I am working on atm, but I am working on it for that reason.  You can slow, you can tank, you can apply mad DPS, you can cheal, you can port, you can snare, you can root, pet can tank mez... truly beautiful I say.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server

JillieMT

Druid! I would LOVE to have a personal pocket-sized druid, lol!

As above posters have said: the beastlord is the main, you just need something to supplement it with, and druids fill the bill perfectly! We as beastlords can do alot of things, but not everything. And everything we lack, can be done by a druid.

Yikitiki said it...

Quoteharmony, snare, root, dots, heals, ports

OK, there is no rez there, but honestly... how badly do you need that? You shouldn't be dying all THAT much hon, lol!
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Kreseth

The only thing that slows us down while soloing is needing heals so necro would be a poor choice for duoing XP.  Personally I play a cleric with my BL & that works very well but druid would be fine too.  Druid will add more DPS but having your alt be a productive healer from 39 & up is nice.  My cleric could sit on her horse & CH me while she soaked up xp starting at 43, which is when you can group with a 65 and gain xp.

--Kreseth

Vahaus Warder

I two box a druid with my beastlord.

Vorhees

Druid, without a doubt.

Druid/Beastlord make one of the better combos in the game.  There's really not much that you need, that one of those two aren't able to do.

Longfanz

I did the druid combo for a while, but as you progress further, they just don't cut it when it comes to buffing and healing unless you stick to teir2 or under when boxing.  Now I'm a big fan of the cleric, as the variety of heals, buffing power and pax, I can kill just about anything that doesn't require a raid party.

Lorathir

Yeah, definately Druid for all the reasons already mentioned.

Don't forget the Druids capability to Lesser Succor, which can get you into interesting area's very safely - don't think of it solely as an evac. And I'm loving those Damage Shields.

Atropine_BB

Gotta put my 2cp in here...

Your best choice is going to be the druid here.  A druid + BL combo is probably one of the most self sufficient combinations out there.  A druid perfectly compliments almost all of a beastlords abilities.

First and foremost is the best and most reliable SNARE in the game.  I know a lot of beastlords only concern when soloing is mobs running off and aggroing all sorts of other nasty creatures.  Having a druid completely negates this fear.

Next lets talk about all the utility and flexibility a druid brings to the table.  One thing I want to touch on here is the ports and evacs.  I can't tell you how much more I've tried to solo simply because I know I will never really die.  I know I can stand in toe to toe with a mob, and if the sh*t hits the fan, I can either back off and let my warder tank, or I hit defensive while my druid EVACS.  Wipes aggro, and gives me time to either create a new strategy on taking down *insert named mob here* or move on to something else. (pet now goes with you during evac)

More utility...  Ports are something I really can't go without anymore.  My beastlord and druid pair are almost never separated anymore.  The ease of travel is just unparalled with a druid as your partner.  (wiz is just as good I guess)

Lets talk buffs next...  Not only will you get a AC/HP buff that stacks with yours, but at level 59 that AC/HP buff also comes with 6 mana regen per tick!  You also get Damage Shields, awesome regen, FR/CR resists...

On top of all that, you get some pretty darn good healing abilities.  At level 58 you'll see your druid really start to shine.  Level 58 is when you get a 400 mana, 2925 hp instant heal, 10 second cast time.  Toss IH4 focus from ornate arms into the mix and at 58 you have a 3510 hp, 10 second heal.  The heals only get better from there.  At level 50 you get a nice "patch" heal that is about half the cast time of Tunare's Renewal (5.5 seconds) that heals 978 hp or 1173 hp with IH4 focus.  At level 63 you get another really nice, decent cast time heal!  1750 hp, 3.5 second cast time for 500 mana!!  The healing abilities of a druid post 58 are really great to duo with a beastlord.

Lastly I'll touch on a druids dps ability.  I don't want to go too far in depth, but the added dps from a druids dots and DD will signifigantly decrease the amount of time it takes to put mobs down by yourself.

So... my suggestion is... go with a Druid!  Hands down, no questions, druid is the most efficient duo partner for a beastlord.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

Atropine_BB

OH!!  I can't believe I almost forgot...

With enough AA, you can get Dire Charm AA for your druid.  Let me tell you now that if you head to PoV and can snag east/west camp... get yourself a DC froggie and let the AA xp roll in!

Druid DC pet = massive additional dps in a place like PoV where AA xp can be great with just the two of you going at it together, killing as fast as some of the groups there will pull, if not faster.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid