Main Menu

2nd account character choice

Started by Boku, July 20, 2004, 02:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreseth

yuck...I'd never recommend bst/druid/bard for one person to play.  Their wrist are likely to break after just a few pulls.

With three I'd go beast/cleric or druid/int caster...any of them would be a good third spot.

--Kreseth

getan garfoobed

You also cant forget about res.  If you spend your 50+ lvls always having a res, then things go a ton faster.

I currently am 3 boxing a BL/cleric/druid, but if I had to pick on of the casters...it would be the cleric.
Getan Garfoobed 67th Iksar Beastlord
Qiladann Rezbot 66th Highelf Cleric BOT
Soraken TheRabid 56th Iksar Monk
Jarebone TheMisfortunate 52nd Iksar Necro
Rotgutt Buffbot 45th Ogre Shaman

Tastian

Adding a wizard to the clr/bst duo gives you gates/TL's, and snare, plus a VERY easy dps to box.  I've really enjoyed doing LDoNs with bst/clr/nec, but it really depends.

Longfanz

Yes, HoH basements can be decent also.  I sometimes go there when I want to be a little lazy, as you can pretty much /afk down there for hours unbothered unless someone trains you or decided to trigger one of the trials.  Exp is decent for how easily the human guards die.  I think last time I was there it averaged 3-4% AA per kill and only took 1 Supernal Elixer to heal each.  I mostly nuked with the cleric just because I had nothing else to do with her, lol.

Also Vorhees, I wasn't intending to get into an arguement over such a stupiud issue with you.  However, you keep trying to compare apples to oranges in your comparision of PoV to SolRo.  There are a lot of differences here.  One, it's an indoor zone, so mounts are unuseable, so of course your druid will have a more difficult time keeping up with the heals here as compared to PoV healing you while simply sending in the DC pet.  PoV is also nice for the lazy days, average 3% per kill on the level 62 mobs.  I simply run out of mobs to pull the few times I have duo'd there recently, so for me, depending on the camp, I will end up running out of spawns and either waiting for 10 minutes for respawns, or I will end up running around looking for wanderers, so the downtime while waiting/searching means I end up with less exp over time.

In SolRo however, even with the 40~ish minute respawn, I can typically find something to kill fairly easily, as it's rare to see more than 2 groups in there at one time, wheras PoV on my server(7th Hammer) is pretty much permacamped by the up-and-coming 55-62ish crowd.  It just isn't worth zoneing in to do a camp check when the /who list shows 30 people in zone(which means pretty much no available camps).

So, I zone into SolRo, half the time it's empty, the other half of the time I may find a single group or a couple people lfg at the ZI.  Regardless, I can chain pull all day long without worries of mana with a cleric, as with Yaulp6, I never even sit the cleric down, simply turn /autoattack on and swing at the mobs from behind and let the hammer proc.  It ends up being a respectable 35-40 DPS just from procs of the hammer without any mana spent even nuking.  I'm sure you CAN kill in SolRo/PoE with a druid healing, that's not the issue.  However, with the higher mana cost(600 mana for the 4680 heal vs 400 for 7500+... gotta love seeing 16500 crits heals, even if I don't have anywhere near that, lol) the cleric is a much more affective healer.  Also, when a cheal lands, I am typically getting healed for 5500-6k+, so unless I decide to heal earlier than I need with a cleric, I simply wouldn't be at 100% after a druid cheal.  I did plenty of duoing with a druid prior to 65 and the gearing I have now, so yes, it may be an effective heal if I didn't have my current hps/gearing.

Also, a druid is pretty much forced to use that cheal as it's the most effective healing option in higher tier zones.  However, you end up with the druid doing nothing but healing and medding, as 600 mana cheals and being unable to do anything for 12 seconds(10 second cast, 2 second recast) and then sit to med afterwards due to higher mana cost, so yes, PoV is more effective in this sense.  However, that's the apples and oranges statement, as with a cleric, 400 raw mana +SD, AoZ, KEI or better, along with Yaulp6(along with ft15) means never sitting to med while still being able to do damage in the form of proc hammer, gimp pet, and reverse DS, not to mention nukes if I am bored.  Also as I mentioned earlier, without any form of pax, of course you will get 2 at once in most places, meaning even further downtime with a druid healer.  Most times I simply use Supernal Elixer instead, as fully slowed/incapacitated, they do far less damage than 600 per tick.  SCR3+SCRM means that typically I am getting 6-7 tics of 600 for the raw mana cost of 380 even before mana pres items and AA's.

Yes, at first they can seem a bit rough, but once you break the 7k+ buffed and reach the 1350AC softcap, they really aren't all that difficult.  Average 6-7% AA per kill, along with 1-2k in trash gem and tradeskill drops, and random ornate molds/patterns coupled with a typically empty zone to kill to your heart's content vs 3% in a zone that I can rarely find anything to kill due to the amount of people /shrug.  I can average 2 AA's every 1.5 hours or so in SolRo, just my 2cp.

Vidyne

2x my exp rate almost.

getting 1aa/hr(maybe 50min) in solro grouping.
1aa/1.75hr soloing at best.
1aa/2hr duoing.

so.. i need 500more hp and 250 more ac

hmmm...

And yes i agree with both sides of the arguement.
Your beastlord has advanced to a point where its more efficient having a cleric and going to higher planes...  just hes saying alot arent to that level yet, and a druid would be more apt to duo in lower places + the porting and all is a + too.

and btw... saw a cleric and bst duoing in solro last night, sure he was uber, and cleric was too, but they did a nice job, Bst was killing at about 3min/mob, so 20mob/hr, dunno how much exp they got per mob.

Razimir

Noone mentioned druid cold resist debuff. I like druids ability to track aswell.

-Raz

Longfanz

Aye, this is why I mentioned the issues of druid vs. cleric in regards to how far you intend to take them in my first thread.  Bst/druid combo works quite well in outdoors and some indoor situations up to a certain level.  Beyond that, or if you intend to go beyond that, more options are available such as the cleric.

I've seen many more odd partners with a Bst before than any of the ones listed, it's just that these are the most popular and easily boxable.

Jududce

I have a 60 druid, 60 bst also and love the pair, but wondering how much of bst epic i can solo with thses 2? I did the SB already when they were both 58 and it went well, abit a tad along.
60 Bst Luclin-Jududce
60 Druid Luclin-Mippox
65 Sk Luclin-Assazzin
56 War Vazaelle-Taror(Ret)

What do YOU have inside your pocket?

Hereki

You should be able to do all of it with a 60+ beastlord (savagery helps a lot) and a 58+ druid (iCH), and decent gear.  Most of it will be tough, I expect, but possible.

Kreseth

Last night I tanked 4 giants in BoT that someone mezzed & ran away from just in time for mez to break & his three to join my one.  With my cleric alt healing me it was a piece of cake even with much less than uber gear.  If I'd died I was guaranteed a res.  A lot more fun than evaccing if you ask me ;)

--Kreseth