Main Menu

What to add as a fifth box?

Started by Theron_Thunderblade, December 09, 2004, 12:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smudmack

Used 3 comps for 5-6 chars.

XP2000 1gb pc2100 GForce4200

XP2500 1gb pc2700 Geforce 5900 FX

P2.4 512 PC2100 Radeon 9200 mobility (Laptop)

Used 2 Accounts pr. PC

Used war and enc on the same box, cler and bst on 2nd and dru and bard on 3rd.

With this setup bard was more or less afk bot mana song and ds.

Alt tabbing works good with this setup, I only used keyboard and mouse. Fairly simple setup of macros n stuff.

Theron_Thunderblade

Alright, I'm additing the sixth box.  Five isn't so bad, and a sixth isn't much tougher. 

Anyway, so the question is...

Druid or Wizard.

Both have ports, both have snare.  Wizard has better dps, druid has track/patch heal/and some mana regen.  I'm given to undertand that druid's nuking isn't so bad, clearly not at wizard level, but adequate. 

From what I've read so far, I think it's going to be wizard, especially given some of the other posts, but I thought I'd toss the question out there to see if anyone had any thoughts.

The lineup is now:

Paladin
Shaman
Necro
Cleric
Mage

Beestyall

Just how important is tracking to you?  Because that's basically what you get with a druid and the rest of your group.

With the existing healing power, damage shield the only thing I can see a druid bringing over a wizard is advanced skin line of spells that add mana regen (60+), which is a long, long ways off.  You get share wolf form which is nice for annoying people and to add a bit of attack, but ultimately it's not that great.

So I think the best choice between the two is wizard.  Porting and better damage.

With the melody command I might really recommend a bard, because you have a couple of key things you add, even without the bard melee'ing (like mana/hp regen), pulling capabilities (admitedly later in life) and you get tracking, which is surpassed only by Rangers (whiny bastards! ;) ) .

bham

I run 4 accounts, 70 Beast, 70 Cleric, 70 Mage and 66 Wizard, with about 1500 AA between them.

I have each on a seperate computer. I dont use any fancy controllers. I have 4 monitiors, 4 keyboards and 4 mice (mouses?). Works well for me.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Theron_Thunderblade

Though some incredible luck, I inherited a 65 Necro from a friend leaving for WoW :)  He says I should go with him, but I'm not done with EQ yet :) 

Anyway, my new crew is now:

Paladin
Cleric
Mage
Wizard

All 32 at the moment.

Waiting for them to get a little higher in level, I've now got a 65 Necro and a 65 Shammy. 

Should be a pretty decent crew, I can't wait to get them all running together.