Main Menu

Beast/Druid and ??

Started by Rhyce, December 13, 2005, 04:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenusten

Necromancer, indoor pulling that isn't a melee class.  I say this specifically because you listed wanting to do LDoNs, which are all indoors. 

You could do enchanter for the same purpose, but necro pulling is more reliable.  It isn't level dependent.  Once mobs pass level 65 enchanters can only effect assist radius, not aggro radius.  There could be mez with the enchanter, but tanking, pulling and mezzing is challenging.

Kenusten

for a four box team,

This is what we do in our house:
BL: tank, damage ~ Enchanter: puller, CC
Shaman: healer ~ Druid: DPS, patch healer on named

The shaman needs a lot of healing aa to come into their own as a healer, but once they get it, the shaman healing and the druid nuking/dotting works much better...

We like teasing people in guild, all your slowers are belong to us!

Hinthi

Quote from: Kenusten on December 22, 2005, 06:22:59 PM
Necromancer, indoor pulling that isn't a melee class.  I say this specifically because you listed wanting to do LDoNs, which are all indoors. 
Before adding my wizard I did many LDoNs with War/BL/Cler combo.  The biggest problem I faced was the lack of snares.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Kenusten

A  cleric is better at healing than a shaman or a druid.   Warriors can AoE aggro.  A cleric healing a warrior tank is a different ballgame than a druid healing a BL tank.  Also, you probably picked up adds.  You were the CC in the group.

Hinthi

At those levels my warrior did not have anything for good aoe agro.  However you are correct in that my warrior's tanking ability was vastly superior to my beastlords.  Not to mention I had 2 "tanks" in my group.

Really you can not go wrong no matter what class you add as long as you have the basics covered.  There are so many posts on group construction.

Personally resists piss me off.  Whether they be slow resists, dot resists or DD resists.  If I add an other toon to my group I guarantee I will make sure I am able to lower resists.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Rhyce

Hinthi,

How does it work having 2 Melee characters in your group? Do you try to find spots you are able to corner tank to help reduce the push form the pet and BL?

Also with the BL pet, where do they fall as far as pets now ( necro, mage, Shaman... )? Since I last played much ( took most the summer off and just started again in December) I understand they have altered our pets.
Rhyce of Firiona Vie

Hinthi

Having 2 melees is a pain.  I would guess that my beastlord melees about 75% of the time.  Generally I try to form a triangle around the mob to counter the push.  However there are times when I can not so my beastlord does not melee.  I am slowly leveling up an enchanter on the same account as the beastlord.  But right now slows stick well enough and I prefer the superior DPS my beastlord offers.

If I started from scratch I would probably try cleric/warrior/wizard/enchanter as a number of others have noted you can always add more DPS.  With that group you have all the basics covered.

As for pets my understanding is the power order is mage > beastlord > necro >>>>>>>>>>>>> shaman/shadowknight

Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen