Main Menu

Cleric or Druid

Started by Phumog, August 02, 2006, 05:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I'm probably making a 2nd box to duo w/ (I've done it 10 times, but for reals this time!), and after reading the parses of attack debuffs on eq.forums.thedruidsgrove.org , I think I might head back towards druid.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gariyn

I 2 box sparky in MPG with my druid tring to get her 70 runes with little fuss.

Druid all the way imo.

Predator Gariyn - 75 - Beastlord - Quellious

Oiingo

The harder the content, the more you will want a cleric.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Inphared

Quote from: Oiingo on September 07, 2006, 04:35:13 PM
The harder the content, the more you will want a cleric.

That statement couldn't be more true.

Taiglin

The other side of the coin is if it takes a cleric's heals to keep you on your feet in just a two box environment you probably are in the wrong place. Otherwise your xp:time ratio is probably not going to be as high as the Bst/Dru combo that is a couple zones over. Not to mention the fights taking longer.

Depends on what your goals are really. If you can't 2 box with a Druid in say a DoN Creator to farm MDS/GDH you might be able to get away with it using a cleric but it 1) ain't going to be fast and 2) ain't going to be overly pretty. This falls under the camping a specific thing exception.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Inphared

Double-edged sword, anyone?

All a matter of preference, in my opinion. I choose Cleric. Druid wouldn't cut it for me, because I sometimes get a bit confused when I'm 4-boxing, or I'll make a bad pet pull, and the Cleric is nice for those "oh sh*t" situations.

Druid just doesn't have enough utility to me, but that is likely because I have the utility covered by other things. Magician for Levitate rings and damage shields, Cleric has better buffs and heals, and the Guild Hall for ports. Harmony pulling is almost never used anymore, and Druid nukes are generally pretty poopy from what I remember.

Like I said, all a matter of preference. Play what you wish, that's just my choice.  :-)

Raukus

Bst/Clr 1 - 70 together woot, never even considered a druid.  Better hp/ac buffs and bigger heals and rezs were my selling points.  I can box most camps in mpg and have on occasion taken on two at a time (typically 00m at the end of the fight).  Clerics have 2 DS spells that do stack with eachother, which is a nice 79 point ds which also stacks with spikecoat and skinspike potions, nice having a 108 point DS.  Even slowed those mobs still hit rather fast.  With a decent amount of aa's as well the cleric also picks up so nice healing abilities that a druid cant come close to Divine Arbitration for one.  If you think things are going to be close then just cast DI on your self also LOL, insta get up and go when you blow purple.  Just my 2cp

Gunzak

While Druid's heals are not as high as Clerics they do get a 3k heal at 58 and a 4,680 heal at 64.  They also get a fast cast 3k heal in the high 60s.  A 5k heal should be enough for WoS, BoT, NC or even MPG when you combine that with healing potions and Beastlord spells.  Also those spells get bonuses from AA as well.  When you combine the heals with the Druid DDs and DoTs I am so happy i chose my Bst/Dru combo.

Moogasourus

Quote from: Oiingo on September 07, 2006, 11:35:13 AM
"The harder the content, the more you will want a cleric."

Question..  where are you 2 boxing where you wish you had a cleric over a druid?

I could see wanting some better healing power but in my experience the Bst(main)/Druid(bot) is awesome.  I have a 70 druid , 64 chanter , and 57 cleric on my bot account.   Bst is bout 9k unbuffed
720 ish aa 85 avoidance.  I box in MPG , arcstone , stoneroot , wos caves.   I'm bout content with aa on my bst so i dont grind xp for more than a few hrs here and there when im bored.   Druids ds , ports, oak , snare , dots , nukes, timed invis ,  SoE , evac , heals .... ( druid has bout 250 aa most of them healing aa) is something i REALLY REALLY miss when pl'n the cleric bot.   I havent had the balls to try RSS and my druid isn't flagged for squat. 

Tried 69.1 hard and blew through bout all the druids mana on one kill and was much too close for comfort let alone the time to med in between kills to hang out there.     

Soo in the statement that the harder the content the more you would want a cleric... just where exactly are you 2box'n.   What am i missing?   I am debating on PL'n the cleric up too higher lvl for a better symbol buff.   I prefer oak for the mana over viction seeing the dps pet sucks up a decent amount of mana when perma casting it.   

We all know that grouping is the way to go for the best xp.... i think of 2boxn as a way to have fun when a group isn't available ... cant even remember the last time i spent much time LFG.   Usually if its not a guild group or a group of friends ide prefer not to go with pick up groups.   

Well see what the new expansion brings to the 2box game..

/ramble off

Inphared

I usually box in RSS, Nests, or a hard 69.1, depending on my mood. Most often it's Nests for MDS / GDH, and I don't need runes anymore because I got them all when I used to box RSS.  :-D

The only problems I used to have were with named, I'd spend a fair amount of mana healing myself during them, but otherwise I could go nonstop in RSS for atleast an hour and a half before I got bored and had to take a break.

Shieara

I have access to a 70 druid and a 69 cleric.  The cleric I leveled myself, while the druid is a friends character.  Druid has like 750 aa, cleric has around 150.

Even so, if I am playing the druid I always wish I had my cleric with me.  It's for a couple reasons.  The first is that a cleric is lower maintenance.  At the beginning of the fight I throw out my hammer pet, toss on the reverse ds, and then I only have to look at him occasionally to nuke/heal(unless I melee with him, something I only sometimes do).  When I box the druid I have more to maintain with reptile, ds, dots, etc.  Also, I have to watch my aggro more with the druid.  Druid heals, when they are combined with crit dots and nukes, tend to draw more aggro then just using some cheals and hots from the cleric.

Also, I used to use my cleric all the time for pacify pulling.  I found it to be more efficient then pet pulling, and it can be indoors and outdoors.  I'm hoping that soon I will get him level 70 so he can scribe the new pacify and take that role again.   At lower levels his pacify let me handle some zones I would have had problems with. 

I also like the added ability to stun healers.  Mobs that cheal are so annoying.

But anyways, it all comes down to personal preference.  If I had started with a druid box I might be more used to it and prefer it, but gimme my cleric any day.

kharthai

*shrug*

I bot a cleric, mostly because my first toon was a cleric, and a few of my friends have cleric bots.  I boxed in Qvic back when it wasn't an easy zone, and was thankful for the healing power of the cleric.. could barely kill kyvs back then, but it was different and fun.  Same with Riftseekers, I'm sure I could manage now with a druid but when I first tried to 2box statue camp for my cleric's runes it was pretty hard, and that extra healing was helpful (mind you, a druid snare would have stopped a wipe a couple times since hobble left a fair bit to be desired, but no idea if it would have kept up on the heals).

Conviction is a bunch more hp than just having oak, although you do obviously lose the mana regen.  Clerics have HoTs which are really helpful in times when you can't be tossing out direct heals right away if you want your healer to live.  I guess druids have reptile skin which might help there also, but I admit my experience with druids is limited.

Like Taiglin said, a cleric will help you tank something you probably shouldn't be tanking.. I don't exp anymore (well, will again in a couple weeks I guess, heh) so I don't really take grinding into the equation.  Also, we do some late night mini raid type things, and having another cleric for that is nice.

Oh, and of course, rez, rez, rez, rez.  Never having to bug someone for a rez is pretty nice.

Really depends what you're into or wanting to accomplish, though, like others have said.

Epee

I box a decently geared cleric with my main Bst.  I do 69.1 hard, Nest instances and Rss alot.  I really dont believe that a druid could keep me alive in most of those situations. but I have been wrong.  Oh I also add a wizzy when 3 boxin (not Often)  so ports are never a problem. 

Edit: Dont discount the cleric Mark line of spells, summoned hammer pet, and nuking.  When my dps is lacking he helps alot between heals.

Oiingo

Riftseekers and Nest are the big two.  The time when you *really* want a cleric is when you get an add and know that a fast cast heal is going to rapidly lead to a dead druid because you haven't had a chance to build enough aggro, while the cleric could use divine arb and a big HoT without missing a beat.  Nevermind the fact that if both the druid and cleric were equal, the cleric is able to take more hits.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Jinxxx

Well I have both a druid and cleric I box. Id say the cleric is better. Granted my cleric is a bit better geared and more aa's but thats just cause she does so much better a job I use her more. Druid means ports, snare and evac. Out of that porting isnt much of an issue with GH and all the books. So its snare and evac. If I really need evac that often I am in a zone  I shouldnt be xping in. So really all I am missing out on is the snares. I make do with pet hobble and save the nukes for when they turn. Worse case can have the cleric root.
Jinxxx - 70 - Beastlord - The Rathe

Icessis - 70 - Cleric - The Rathe
Gsmackk - 70 - Druid - The Rathe