Main Menu

AA Farming

Started by Tigros Felonian, February 16, 2004, 07:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigros Felonian

Just hit 62 tonight and was wondering where the best place to farm AA's is. Not in a group, but either solo or 2 boxing with my 62 druid.

Thanks for any ideas.

Tig
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=550473">http://www.antidead.com/eq/tigsig.jpg" border=0>

Lorathir

Fungus Grove - Shrooms. Solo np, you can single pull em too. Might be some other places too, but this one is easy peasy.

Drop words, some vendor crap and a decent face item, name of which I forget.

Hereki

I didn't find FG good at all.  < 1% AA per kill off shrooms; should be fast kills at 62, but a lot will be light blue, I think (don't remember).

Tier 4 mobs in Nurga are about the best available at 62/63; at 64 you ned to move to tier 5.  Other good spots would include Droga, Veksar, etc (all the revamped zones).  In Nurga you can DC a rat from one of the lower tiers, probably tier 2 rats are DCable, not sure about tier 3.

LoY zones would also be an option, Nadox or Torgiran.

Tigros Felonian

Thanks for the replies.

For a suggestion of my own, PoD Bulks was pretty good. Tried it last night 2 boxing my bst and dru. Ate right through them and only had to CH once, maybe twice per fight. Was about 1-2% AA for each character per kill. Not the best but certainly not shabby.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=550473">http://www.antidead.com/eq/tigsig.jpg" border=0>

Tastian

We talked about this in another thread, but FG can be much better than it was for hereki.  With changes to con NONE of the shrooms are low blue at 62.  All are dark blue, all give 1% per kill.  Mobs have ~8k hps and do almost zero damage if you have any save disease.  They hardly melee, they constantly try to cast slow and stuns that won't land on you.  My shaman used to quad them.  Not quad kite lol just quad.  I'd pull 4-6 and be tanking them/dot'n them constantly well pet chewed through them.  They just do nothing for damage if you have any saves and slow them.  I could do an AA in 2 hours at 62 there.  Gear/AA's/etc will change that amount, but I honestly can't see anyone taking 4 hours to get an AA there anymore unless they have nothing for DR and the slows are landing and stuns and stuff.  The 62 pet can solo them no problem.  In fact you can literally just send the pet right into the middle of a patch to kill a shroom and he won't have others assist.  

Here's the mask...
Mushroom viel
MAGIC ITEM
Slot: FACE
AC: 8
DEX: +12 MANA: +55
SV DISEASE: +15
WT: 1.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7

The shrooms also randomly drop a 10 charge shrink potions.  They drop words and "parts" that sell for up 20 pp a pop.  You won't get rich, but you can more than cover keeping saveagry on yourself.  8)

Hereki

I wasn't using DR, and it took me 2-3 minutes (yes, I timed it) at 60 to kill one.  That works out to an AA every 3-5 hours, assuming that 1% per is correct, which I think it is.  You'd have to be killing one per minute with no downtime to get an AA in 2 hours here.  All may be very different at 62, of course; I think there are light blues at 62, but very few.  Certainly at 65 it is about 1 in 3 dark blue, so might well be all/most db at 62.

I was wondering when you hunted these, Tastian?

Tastian

62 is actually the cut off for all dark blue shrooms.  At 63 the lowest level ones go light blue, the rest stay DB.  I remember actually seeing a necro hunting them at 63 and laughing a bit.

My setup place is head in from Echo zone, run out and to the right a bit past the tarmoks.  Keep going and there's the little lake in the middle with the mutant dregs Just before that on your right is a big patch of shrooms, I go up on that hill right between the two patches and pull them.

Savagery was well worth it's weight in pp to me here.  The extra atk gave a very noticeable boost to my dps and the +50sv disease made me all but immune to them.  I'd pull one with slow, tank it down to ~30% pull next with slow, tank it down, pull next, etc.  I'd sometimes stop to loot the bodies (8 minute corpses can get ~1k every few hours off venderables and shot at mushroom viel, shirnk potion, + various words).  Usually though I'd just kill non-stop.  The 62 pet works them and like I mentioned before you can /pet attack him and send him right into the middle of a patch if you want and the rest of the shrooms will just stay there and watch their buddy get eaten hehe.  Gear I'm sure helped some and it saved me a bunch of mana.  Having FT3 on boots, having pet haste on legs, etc.  The dregs actually drop money and drop the tattered hide cloak ( decent cloak), but you will often get 2 on your first pull and they do put out decent dps.  Unlike the shrooms that I never cast a heal againist hehe.  If you wanted outside buffs kei and talisman of epuration (long duration shm pr/dr buff) can help.  Haven't been in awhile so somethings may have changed, but with what my play schedule was back then for Tast I'd just log in for 1-3 hours, kill, log, repeat as I found time hehe.

Oh and just wanted to make sure I wasn't taken wrong.  I didn't mean to imply you were lieing or anything, just putting up what my experiences were.  I re-read what I said and worried it might have come across wrong, if so I'm sorry.  8)

Hereki

Yeah, and just so as you know I wasn't implying that you were wrong, either :).  Just comparing notes.

lermure

shroom was LB at lvl 65?

So if yes. I suppose I can get 1 AA less then 2 hours there ?
Venerable Timine, 65.119 BST Va'Shir, Luclin,  My stuff : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=694989>here
Troulou, 51.4 BST Va'Shir, Firiona Vie,  My stuff : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1027373>here
Lermure, 56 Paladin Human, Retired and
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=43405> nude for the joy of Timine stuff.

Hrann

At 65, the shrooms are worth so little xp that even at an insane kill rate it's hard to get xp that fast.  I too found the xp pretty good at 62, but when I went back at 65 it wasn't good at all.

Tastian

Yeah most LB at 65 so you do get some exp, but it's like half of what you get at 62.  I took someone there to help them blaze off some exp one night well we were sitting around talking.  I was kinda surprised at how much exp I got, so it does still move.  However, there are tons of others spots a bst can solo that would be much faster.

Dakat

I was surprized how much aa exp I got soloing thru Grieg's End.  Try it out.

Rixis

I'll give Grieg's a nod, too.  Be careful with pulls, can get most single.  The mobs are gimp, too.

Aneya

Solo self buffed I can crank out 1 aa every 2 hours in Griegs without trying very hard. When people ask me what I'm doing in Griegs I tell them Shredding Wallpaper.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Etrips

what are you killing in GE ?