Main Menu

Jevlan

Started by jitathab, May 10, 2006, 12:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Quick question on Jevlan, where do you put us BST's for Jevlan?

Are they more useful in south so they can abolish disease? or something else?

Hanelce

my guild has a tendancy of putting us there, but as I have found, they also load the south with a few rogues and rangers.  *I'm sure the strats are out there, but I'm going to be vague just because I can   :-P*

While the raid is doing what they are doing, I have found myself just standing around from 80ish% until the raid leader calls an all out burn.  I have asked since then to be moved to one of the slower parts to help them out.

75 Arch Animist

Kroe

Really depends on how many shaman we have on the night (as to where myself and the other beasts are placed).  We usually have 3 or 4 beasts, with 2 being in the south, one of us is exclusively curing the Rampage Tank healer - doesn't really matter where the other 2 go most of the time.

We mostly stack south with melee dps so the mana drain doesnt effect many there, the Main Tank group is usually 2 x cleric, 2 x shaman, warrior and random 6th member with both shaman casting nadox to cure Gaze of Anguish for that group pretty much instantly.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

jitathab

Thanks, we got down to 50% no problems but the clerics in south went oom so had to burn which got mobs to about 10 20 and 30, I didnt think was too bad for first nights attempts.

Essant

Are you guys even remotely doing Jelvan right?  Seriously, what mana drain?  I never got hit by one of any significance.  I dont go to one specific mob each time.  Its really a much more straight forward to me than what you are indicating.  Makes me wonder.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Kroe

Well, I'm not sure about doing him 'right' but all 3 mobs end up dead and we win that event so thats good enough for me.  Gaze of Anguish is the ae that the south tormentor casts, 4k dd/ 250 mana drain per tic - the first few times we tried him, healers in south were going oom due to Gaze not being cured fast enough.  Putting 2 x clerics with 2 x sham in the main tank group solved that for us and beasts are left to cure the secondary healers in south for us anyway.  Don't really have any specific jobs in west/east jails for us really - AMV is the next mob in anguish where we have a 'job' to do.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

Essant

Well I may not be hip to every single subtlety that has to do with the strat of the Jelvan fight .. as far as im concenred, hes sorta like Balancer in Tacvi.  You bring all 3 down relatively evenly in 10% chunks and theres no AE's.  Beyond that just making sure they are all fully debuffed via bard, shaman, abashi, whatever is really about all i know .. whats missing?  I dont notice AE's like that unless we screw up either on dps or we get cross-contamination.

Job?  on AMV .. thats funny.  You know I'm usually 'considerate' of the healers in my group and I cure my own curse on AMV.  Really, if I asked .. they would do it for me.  But curing secondary on AMV?  No no no no NO!  AMV is a dps fight .. hes all out burn.  You put him into a corner and drop him in 30 seconds then deal with the adds.

OMM on the other hand I've had a role like that. 

Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

jitathab

Mob is dead, thanks for hint :)

Only one death  on script so we all pretty happy.

Essant

Cool .. didnt mean to give out strats .. I kinda figured Jevlan would be posted all over the place by now anyway hehe.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Saniiro

Each mob has a unique AE, one has stun, one is mana drain, other Snare.  If you don't keep the mobs health even the AE's all spread to entire raid, along with other AE it seems but I'm not entirely sure.  There has always been a mana drain, perhaps you just haven't been on the team fighting that particular Tormentor often Essant.  We use shamans to group cure it.  Setting rampage properly can be the problem on Jelvan, sometimes tricky if people are against wall etc.
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Essant

I've fought every Tormentor at one time or another.  Probably my mana pool and regen is enough where I dont really care or notice.  Or its being cured, as you suggest.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
My Stuff!

Constaq

The key to jev as a bst is to be on the south mob.  Shammys and Bst are the only class that can cure the mana drain with one cast.  My group is  bst and monks usaly Im the healer .. Monks can fd and not get hit buy ae (if there smart).  And now that my audio triggers work ( switched to my imac to play eq) its so easy.   Keep  Feral block on the pet.  Use HoT pots if you do get hit and its easy. I dont even hit the mob till 40% is usaly. Pet attack and i then play shammy.  Ive also had to slow south befor..  silly shammys didnt log on.. Chanta could not get slow to land, Had to RoT/Slow (3) to land but it did then She override mine. :(

Pakratz

i wouldnt count on bl slowing south mob in general.  only time i tried it, i had 20 (yes 20) resists before i gave up.  we can fill in as curers nicely, but a shammy is obviously much better (group cure).   my how nice it would be if we had some real raid utility...