Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarilok

Adamantite bo stick proc is wrong.  Lists it as 75DD, when its a rain spell, used against 1 target, it does 75x3, used against 2 or 4 it does 75x2x2 or 75x4, but its rare to use it against more than one.  Simply changing the proc to 225 damage works well enough.

Also, would it be possible to update the spell procs to correctly list what the are....ie, serpents bite is a lifetap, and not a DD...

I would MUCH rather have a 75LT than a 125DD.

Also, possibly scaling "proc dps" to reflect lifetaps would be better too.

IE, enter tanking 100% of the time, assume you are at 95% health or less while tanking, so every proc heals you for the proc damage, effectively raising the "proc-value" but not DPS...

Maybe add a "proc effectiveness" column, with a value of LT damage*SCF+LT healing*HG*HA / % tanking.  This makes a 100 point lifetap worth say ~as much as a 200+ DD, but if you never tank, it would be listed as only half as good.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Coprolith

QuoteAdamantite bo stick proc is wrong. Lists it as 75DD, when its a rain spell, used against 1 target, it does 75x3, used against 2 or 4 it does 75x2x2 or 75x4, but its rare to use it against more than one. Simply changing the proc to 225 damage works well enough.

I seem to recall that the 2nd and 3rd wave of a rain spell have a greater chance to get resisted. For 'specialty' procs i need confirmation of the effectiveness before i enter an equivalent proc damage.

QuoteAlso, would it be possible to update the spell procs to correctly list what the are....ie, serpents bite is a lifetap, and not a DD...

Already done in June 29's update

QuoteMaybe add a "proc effectiveness" column, with a value of LT damage*SCF+LT healing*HG*HA / % tanking. This makes a 100 point lifetap worth say ~as much as a 200+ DD, but if you never tank, it would be listed as only half as good.
No. This is a dps calculator. Features like this are more applicable to Yiktiki's equipment spreadsheet.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Tastian

"I seem to recall that the 2nd and 3rd wave of a rain spell have a greater chance to get resisted. For 'specialty' procs i need confirmation of the effectiveness before i enter an equivalent proc damage. "

The greater chance to get resisted on rains 2nd/3rd wave was a result of coding that didn't let those waves kill mobs at certain HP levels.  This was changed, however, all rain spells have a built in flat rate 20% resist rate.  Even using tears (-300 resist mod) on a malosinsisisisisnsnisnisnisnina'd mob you'll still see ~21% resist rate.  Bo stick also suffers from having to adjust yourself so the waves don't hit you.  On some hit box mobs it's no issue at all, on others it just plain drags its teeth.  I'd put the proc at 180 tops, and honestly more like 150 or so baring your adjustments for resist modifier on proc dps.

Noxdowne Draggout

Shouldn't warders alacrity and warders fury be a factor in this DPS calculator considering that the SPF pet proc is affected by both?

I haven't seen anything on the 100 series file that shows the effect of those two things.

Did I miss something?

Nox

Coprolith

No you didnt miss anything. I am not going to program the effects of these weapons into the sheet just for 3 weapons that most of us will never see in the first place. Look up the effects of WAl and WF in the AA section and calculate it by hand if you need the info.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Noxdowne Draggout

I wasn't asking you to add it, I was asking if I was missing something on the dps calculator that pertained towards the two aa's I mentioned.

Good to know the DPS is even higher than is listed.

Nox

tkyn

You'll get a kick out of this Coprolith. I have horns of chaos and hand of honor as my primary weapon setup. I was recently awarded Caen's Bo Staff, and in swapping the setup out I was having trouble figuring out in the game what the difference in DPS was. So I DL the spreadsheet and plug everything in. The result, exactly the same DPS for the two setups, 72.18. Apparently with my quirky combination of AAs and augs on the weapons, it works out that I can swap the weapons out and get exactly the same DPS regardless. Go figure...
Tkyn - 70 Beastlord - Veeshan

RabidMonkey

Fantastic, can't believe been this long for me ta have look at it.
Big thumbs up!
Lokchut
65 Sexah Beast.
The Tribunal

kromfear

Could this spreadsheet be used as a base for other class's such as a ranger? If I just set all the AA factors to zero could the dps numbers be considered accurate in relative terms to the ranking of the other weapons? The reason I ask is I would like to determine if the SHFD is as powerful on a ranger as it is on my beast.

Coprolith

QuoteCould this spreadsheet be used as a base for other class's such as a ranger? If I just set all the AA factors to zero could the dps numbers be considered accurate in relative terms to the ranking of the other weapons? The reason I ask is I would like to determine if the SHFD is as powerful on a ranger as it is on my beast.

No, it would take quite a lot of changes. There are a lot of class-specific things going on behind the scenes, the most important one being innate double attack. (There are other, more subtle differences as well, like different skill caps and rangers are on a higher damage table if im not mistaken)

I can address the SHFD effectiveness on a ranger easily tho. The answer is no. Rangers, and all melee classes that have innate double attack for that matter, get less out of procs then we do, relatively speaking. This is simply because their melee damage is a far greater chunk of their total dps then it is for us. They get the same proc dps from the SHFD as we do, but the SHFDs inferior melee stats weighs much more heavily for them.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Choppin

minor thing,

serpents bite is unresistable (close look in lucy reveals it checks neg200 against unresistable lol)

:)
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Katsandra

Not sure if this was mentioned before.  But the Onyx Gavel is missing it's 2 Disease damage in the spreadsheet.

Thanks again for doing this I use it constantly for myself and friends.

Coprolith

Elder Coprolith III

Haggatha

On 2 hand blunt, take a Vrodak's fighting staff. Attempt to augment it with a warm emerald shard. It will return #value in the proc dps field.

Its a really, really awesome spreadsheet by the way!

Haggatha Moles