Main Menu

Do-it-yourself weapon comparison and ranking (upd Nov22 '04)

Started by Coprolith, January 09, 2004, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coprolith

Also bear in mind that there are 2 factors, which the sheet doesnt calculate, that causes 2HB dps to be underestimated a few percent compared to dw.

- Combat casting: the longer the delay of the weapon, the less melee damage you loose from casting spells.
- Riposte damage: the damage you do with your own ripostes scales only with the base damage of the weapon. Weapon delay doesnt factor into it, since your riposte rate depends on the mobs delay, not the weapons'.

These 2 factors are simply too hard to incorporate into the sheet, and they also don't show up on weapon parses that are done against mobs like the Katta banker. It may give 2HB dps a boost anywhere from 0 to 5%, depending on your weapons and playstyle.

And, as has already been pointed out, 2HB is still a viable option when you're tanking. When i'm doing LDoNs im using my 2HB almost exclusively, the main reason being there are a lot of mobs with a DS on 'em in LDoNs and those can really hurt when you're dw'ing (a'right so im too lazy too switch out weapons everytime i encounter one  :D ).
Add to that reduced riposte damage taken and increased riposte damage dealt. When you're tanking more then one mob at a time, riposte dps increases with the number of mobs (with 2 mobs you'll do 3x the amount of riposte damage in only 2x the time, with 3 mobs 6x in 3x the time, with 4 mobs 10x etc). All this combined is often worth the loss of melee dps. In my case, my 2HB is doing ~6% less damage then my dw-combo, but the mana i save on heals from my druid is now used for extra nukes and this more then makes up for the loss of my BL's melee dps. I put a LT aug on my 2HB for the same reason. Once i get my SHO+augs the gap between my 2HB and dw-combo will take a giant leap tho and i'll bag my 2HB again.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Aspro

Some nice toy to add to the list  8)

Handwraps of Captured Magic
MAGIC ITEM  LORE ITEM  NO DROP  
Slot: PRIMARY  SECONDARY  
Skill: Hand to Hand  Atk Delay: 19
DMG: 25  AC: 25
STR: +15  DEX: +20  STA: +25  WIS: +10  
INT: +10  AGI: +20  HP: +200  MANA: +185  
ENDUR: +185  SV DISEASE: +15  SV COLD: +15  SV MAGIC: +20  
SV POISON: +25
Required level of 65.
Effect: Invigorate (Combat)
WT:  0.0    Size: MEDIUM
Class: MNK BST
Race: ALL
Slot 1, type 8: empty

Drop inside Qvic

Demerix the Painsipper
Skill: 1H Blunt  Atk Delay: 26
DMG: 32  AC: 33
STR: +20  DEX: +15  STA: +15  CHA: +20  
WIS: +10  INT: +10  AGI: +15  HP: +250  
MANA: +230  ENDUR: +230  SV FIRE: +15  SV DISEASE: +25  
SV MAGIC: +20  SV POISON: +25
Required level of 65.
Effect: Serpent's Bite (Combat)
WT:  4.0    Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG MNK BRD ROG BST

Drop inside Inktu'ta.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Interesting Corp...

Your spreadsheet recommends Ethereal Destroyer Main hand and Battle Fists Off Hand according to my 'unbuffed' stats.

H2H - 1449 atk
1HB/2HB - 1382
Dex - 305
Haste 90%
BF5
AmbiDex Yes
SCF 1
CF 3
Weapon Aff 1
SinStrike - No
Estimated Mob Level - 55
Tanking - 100%

Ethereal Destroy MH
Battel Fists - OH
=================
87.98 DPS

Rune Etched Bamboo Bo
=================
75.74 DPS

Battle Fists MH
Ethereal Destroyer OH
=================
79.49 DPS

That just dont seem right. Did I do this right? Consider: I am doing this unbuffed with only self Alacrity for Haste which brings me to 90% haste.

Thank yuz :)

Tastian

ED main hand is very nice damage for us.  Even with the stats given I'd definitely use it MH over BF unless aggro was an issue.  Once you max out Weapon affinity the ED will be doing ~35dps in procs alone MH.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: TastianED main hand is very nice damage for us.  Even with the stats given I'd definitely use it MH over BF unless aggro was an issue.  Once you max out Weapon affinity the ED will be doing ~35dps in procs alone MH.

Holy Jeebus! Id be da debil with Weapon Affinity 5 :)

Im currently working on Spell Casting Fury2,3, then working Weapon Affinity 2,3,4,5 then Sinister Strikes. Damn thats a lot of AA.

Kashmiir Battlekat

PS: Hey Corp, I noticed you do not have Battle Fists in the list of Weapons :)

Coprolith

QuoteHey Corp, I noticed you do not have Battle Fists in the list of Weapons

Yes i do, how else did you calc out those numbers otherwise?  :wink:

Anyways, about your dps numbers:
1) Just noticed a 'bug'. The proc dps numbers on the statsnskills page do not correct for the procrate modifier that some weapons have. There's less then a handful that have such a modifier, unfortunately ED is one of them. This is done correctly on the weapon pages, but not on the main page. Good thing you posted this, or it might have gone unnoticed. Will be fixed in next update. Thanks Kashmiir!
2) If i put those numbers you gave on the statsnskills page i get different numbers for dps (taken from the weapon pages, not the main page)

ED/BF: 91.36
REBB: 75.74
BF/ED: 82.63

Those numbers seem perfectly ok to me. What exactly is it that doesn't seem right to you?
As Tastian mentioned, the ED is a very good weapon for us. Our lack of innate double attack will mean our melee output will alsways be lower then that of a class with DA, but we get exactly the same proc dps from it as the other classes (because procs are tied to a combat round, regardless of how many attacks you perform in that round). So the weight of the proc dps on total dps is much higher for us then say for a monk. If i were you, while wielding that ED I'd get Weapon Affinity 5 tout suite  :D

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: Coprolith

Yes i do, how else did you calc out those numbers otherwise?  :wink:

/hugs

I had to type the dmg/dly/proc manually....

I download it, unzipped it, opend it in excel, enabled macros (cause I trust ya) and clicked the drop down list of MH Weapon.... nope, not there... dropped down off hand... nope, not there :)

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: Coprolith

What exactly is it that doesn't seem right to you?
/hugs

It just surprised me that ED in main hand over BF's. Interesting :)

Coprolith

QuoteIt just surprised me that ED in main hand over BF's. Interesting

Oh aye, yer not the first to be surprised. I guess part of the reason is that the inital parses on ED were done by monks and warriors. For them, the ED melee stats dont outweight the proc, so they dismissed the weapon. Sempai once told me people thought he was crazy putting the ED in the MH and Shinai in the OH while passing on the Ex. Puresteel Ulak, but they forgot that he didnt have innate DA so the proc carried much more weight for him. But his own parses proved him right, and when my calculator showed the same thing i took that as very clear sign can predict these 'oddities' with confidence.

Of course, proc rates in the OH are halved, so equipping the ED there you'll waste the proc
/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Kashmiir Battlekat

Hey Corp. Thanks a TON for spending so much time breaking down that mathmatical nightmare for all of us. Its an incredible tool for us Beastlords to use.

I admit that this is the first time I have used it and Im impressed (shiny objects hold me in thrall too)

Coprolith

Update June 03 2004 (yes, its past midnight here)

- fixed a bug with proc rate modifiers. These were correctly calculated on the weapon pages, but not on the front page. As a result of this an extra column was added to the stats of the weapons (visible only on the 'ALL' page), that lists the modifier.
For instance, Fiery staff of Zha has a rate modifier of 0.5, that is, it procs 50% more often then 'normal' weapons.
- fixed a bug with OH critical melee hits. These were correctly calculated on the front page but not on the weapon pages.
(on the weapon pages the multiplier for MH crits was used for OH crits also. In the final analysis this makes an error of only about 0.1% but god is in the details  :wink: )
- added a handful of new weapons.

Enjoy!

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III

Aspro

Hi there copro.

I got a new toy last night from Pixtt Suir Mindrider in Yxxta and it's not listed yet.

Bonecast Rod
Skill: 1H Blunt  Atk Delay: 18
DMG: 19  AC: 10
Magic DMG: 2
STR: +20  STA: +10  WIS: +10  AGI: +10  
HP: +170  MANA: +150  ENDUR: +150  SV FIRE: +10  
SV DISEASE: +20  SV COLD: +10  SV MAGIC: +10  
Required level of 65.
Effect: Serpent's Bite (Combat)
WT:  0.9    Size: MEDIUM
Class: MNK BST

Proc is 100 Dd lifetap.

Coprolith

Elder Coprolith III

Caali

Great tool! I downloaded it today and played around some. The thing that shocked me the most was that my Savage Platinum Fists are ranked so high. In fact, I was downright floored. The difference isn't huge with an augment in the Battle Fists, my other h2h weapon, (125 DD atm) but still there roughly 4 DPS (101 vs 97). I browsed through the thread but didn't see anyone mention it. Were the SPF pets actually parsed or is that an estimate?
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo