Main Menu

Role of a beastlord.

Started by Mazame, August 01, 2009, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jili

I agree with May here, almost any situation you can come up with in the game of everquest. Another class could do it better then the beastlord.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Jili on August 08, 2009, 01:55:52 AM
I agree with May here, almost any situation you can come up with in the game of everquest. Another class could do it better then the beastlord.

Well, yeah, everyone can do better but I have the cool looking bear!

1) Improve Pet defense (Its DPS is fine)
2) Improve our Buffs (Overcap)
3) Heal (non-pet, possibly like Rangers)
Those are the top priorities that need fixing.

3) Increased DPS (80/10/10 PC/Spell/Pet split respectively) *I think this is the current split, correct?*
4) PoS and FPoS Increases
5) HP/Regen Line
Things we need every expansion and is our current class defining abilities

6) Personal Slow upgrade (Spell lvl. vs. Mob lvl reasoning)
7) Haste that lasts 30 minutes, Group version if their feeling really nice ;) (No other mods, just so its better than potions)
8 ) 2HB AA
Stuff they can do but haven't...

9+) Fero, Taste of Blood, DeAggro (no damage preferable), and Pets summoned w/gear (no weapons)

Things that are BROKE but we have survived with out for so long even if they worked, we would probally be lost.

P.S. Our DeAggro isn't broke, I just want DeAggro on a 18 sec refresh (I admit it)
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

rhaug

improve pet dps also, its very low actually as it is now.

when even the mages asks to improve our pet dps and defensive

you can know that we are underpowered for our pet.

my idea is 80/85/90  procent of mage dps pet.
and increase max hit to about 450 or 480?
check todays weapon damage noncrit and you should have the normal pet hit max.

our class name is beast lord
we dont have double attack since our pet was part of our dps.

these days its dps is pathetic for todays mobs.

hope the next expansion repairs our pet.

Khauruk

Quote from: AbyssalMage on August 08, 2009, 03:30:45 AM

The best that we should hope for on slow is an identical spell with a lower recast time.  If they improve the -MR portion of it, they will just boost mobs magic resists, and need to rework every spell to suit.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on August 08, 2009, 12:55:27 PM
Quote from: AbyssalMage on August 08, 2009, 03:30:45 AM

The best that we should hope for on slow is an identical spell with a lower recast time.  If they improve the -MR portion of it, they will just boost mobs magic resists, and need to rework every spell to suit.

They would increase MR only if Shammies and Chanters got a boost in theirs, since they can actually lower it alot, we can't they would probably leave MR alone. Then again shammies and chanters would want better resist and would probably get and then they would raise mob MR putting us back where we were.

Panthur

I would like to see more abilities that impy us being attuned to beasts or warder. Stuff that has meaning to our class, related to animals or if not with their vision of beastlords, then our warder.

Right now our warder is so weak, most of us pretend to be melee a la necro style and don't even bother with a warder becuase it poofs in an eyeblink.

kharthai

Quote from: Panthur on August 08, 2009, 10:02:05 PM
most of us pretend to be melee a la necro style and don't even bother with a warder becuase it poofs in an eyeblink.

Sweet sweet hyperbole.  I'm all for a boost to the warder, but personally, when mine dies it's usually because I wasn't paying attention.  Only mid-tier guild so maybe it's sheer warder-smackdown in tower, but so far, it hasn't been too bad.

Nusa

I sure hope it's hyperbole. If he's serious, he's mis-representing the "most" I'm aware of. I'm talking real beastlords, of course, not boxers who don't pay enough attention to control a pet.

Gutterr

Quote from: Panthur on August 08, 2009, 10:02:05 PMRight now our warder is so weak, most of us pretend to be melee a la necro style and don't even bother with a warder becuase it poofs in an eyeblink.

Like I said:

Quote from: Gutterr on August 03, 2009, 11:40:42 PM

I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

1) get AAs and spend them on offense (our DPS is actually pretty good, not the best but respectable)
2) you might be immune to enrage (hint: your pet isn't) call them off before the mob enrages, they will actually live thru a fight!
3) load a heal and even a pet heal.
4) if you want to play a class that does something other than beastlords do, start that class

Mazame

If your not using your warder then you should have rolled another class. a warder adds so much to our class that any time mine is not up I feel naked so to speak.

rhaug

what you say gutter

is also quite  another  extreme way of thinking.
there can be also a way to enpower our class without asking for everything or the unpossible.
i am happy with my beastlord and at the same time i think we can use some boost in a dps way and our warder way and another utility way.

to make us shine more or more usefull, unique in raids.

Like I said:

QuoteLike I said:

Quote from: Gutterr on August 03, 2009, 11:40:42 pm

I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

1) get AAs and spend them on offense (our DPS is actually pretty good, not the best but respectable)
2) you might be immune to enrage (hint: your pet isn't) call them off before the mob enrages, they will actually live thru a fight!
3) load a heal and even a pet heal.
4) if you want to play a class that does something other than beastlords do, start that class

Jili

For a raiding Beastlord, the warder is really detrimental for the class. We are being held back because all other classes and devs see warder as utility, when its just a DoT you need to pay attention to all the time.

We sacrifice big time vs other melee because of the warder:

Ranger 270 Double Attack, 410 Triple Attack. 4th best tank.
Beastlord 75 Double Attack, 70 Triple Attack. Worst melee tank.

Does the warder make up for that gap in skills and defensives? -Nope not close with the 400 dps, and making us tank worse then Rogues. And the constant attention demand to keep that weak DoT alive.

Best for the class would be to lobby for same skill levels and tanking as Rangers and Scrap the warder.
This would turn us into another version of Ranger, but would help the class alot.

I personally would like devs to be able to balance classes better and keep the warder(But I dont see that happening), I use him all the time and feel nekkid when he is not there.

Note that this is not what I WANT to happen, its what NEED to happen if devs will have a chance to balance us somewhat correctly.

kharthai

"But you have a pet!"  Always makes me laugh, at least in terms of raiding (exception being snare, which is likely not intended anyway).  Getting rid of the warder seems a bit extreme though, like kayaking through a convenience store.

Panthur

If you are implying i am whining i dam well am and have a right to be. What do u expect when i posted over 9 months ago the problems with our warder, and betting it would not be fixed until MAYBE after the next expansion came out. I am a beast LORD, i made this class because of my bond with my pet, whihc back in the day was a perfect partner and was able to make its upkeep, and we were able to upkeep IT (vial heals). It had a PURPOSE to being at our side.

Today? it is a liabilty that i have to keep an eye 100% on, thus keeping my focus away from my tasks and duties on the raid.

I am whining because the warder is so degraded it's barely worth casting and we have nothing in return for its weakness to compensate.

It is just so frustrating, that despite all posts people made regarding warder's inneficiency, after so long its still ignored. I should not have to work my arse off 4x as hard as any other class just to make even. I did not spend 3k + aa on a pet as a major pet class to have a dot as a pet that must be so closely watched that i cant raid as a raiding bst without such a huge hassle.

PS: I woudnt mind some 2hb aa mods, to make the skill useful again.

EDIT: I can't type!

Obsessedwith

So back to the topic.  What is the role of a beastlord?  Hmm well this is how i see it.  Provide mana regen, and replenishment on draining fights (necros, enchanters do it better) Provide okay dps if played to perfection. (most all melee classes, casters do it better with much less attention and gear)  Fill a raid spot. Eat healers mana. Ya know what, we have NO role and the posts on this board seem to prove that.  So many have wildly different visions of what the beastlord class should be but what are we really?  Everything we do others do better.  As some of you know when sod was launched i was in the dev's ear hard to get our warder fixed along with a few mages that agreed i got brushed off with promises of fixes but nothing ever got done.  Jili is dead on right with this comment "For a raiding Beastlord, the warder is really detrimental for the class. We are being held back because all other classes and devs see warder as utility" now the truth behind that is simple.  The perception is correct for those dev's and other classes.  Problem is we have become complacent and have tried to adapt to what is given us instead of lobbing to get our warder up to par or leave the warder as it is and up our personal utility/dps.  We fell behind in SoD and we are going to keep sliding unless we as a class do something about it.  Now i know i will see some comments from people that are top of the game in gear / arrogance / whatever, about how content they are with the class but that is not the majority of beasts but unfortunately those are the beasts that get listened to the most so suck it up and help make suggestions to the ones that matter.  If we don't i guarantee you that this conversation will present itself again this time next year but with only 25% of the current beasts arguing.