Main Menu

Wildlife Warriors

Started by LabradorPaws, March 14, 2007, 03:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LabradorPaws

Steve Irwin was a great person. He took his dream of saving wildlife to the extreme. Recently Steve was killed by a stingray, but his dream has not died. At discovery.com you can buy a wristband in his honor. It's a blue wristband, that says Wildlife Warriors on it. I strongly urge you all to get one. I know there must be some Wildlife Warriord here. Reply with your favorite thing about Steve if you want, I'll be sure to reply back! Crocs Rule! :-D

dainfrol

I met the man in person a few years back.  I loved watching the Crocidile Hunter, and I love the work he has done.  When I met him, I was not too impressed with his personality.  I was onboard the USS Constilation as an Avaition Structural Mechanic working on the F-14 Tomcat.  I was doing a planned maintenance inspection that required me to tap on all the composite structures with a small hammer to find out if the material was still in good condition.

He was doing some filming on our ship (I think it was the birds of prey on an aircraft carrier or some such).  He had stopped near my aircraft and I was doing my inspection.  All of a sudden he stopped talking, yelled "CUT!" and waltzed over to me.  I'm on top of my jet with my helmet on (which has hearing protection as well) and he starts talking to me.  I cannot hear anything, so I push the ear-muff to the side and ask him "What?"  He says, "Do you mind stopping your banging for a little while?  I'm trying to do a job out here."  This pissed me off.  I look at him and ask, "What the hell do you think I'm doing?  I've got a job to make sure this war fighter is able to fly,  is your job more important than that?"  I don't know why he got under my skin so badly that moment, because I've always loved the man.  I think it was his tone of superiority that he used on me.

Any how, I'm not a big fan of the wrist bands.  I have never even bought one of the support our troops ones.  I highly doubt I'll buy one of his.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Kitathia

He always cracked me up with his enthusiasm and like Dainfrol I wear a support our troop wristband and my breast-cancer awareness one lol

However if we are talking about worth while causes.. THIS is one of my fav.

http://www.noahslostark.org/tigers.htm

I have a soft spot for cats ( go figure) big or small - this place is run by amazing people doing something worthwhile.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

LabradorPaws

Wow, that was a really great site! Thank you! Steve always made me laugh, I wish he was still around, and that his family didn't have to go through this experience, but He was unique, he had extreme passion for his work. I really liked that site! :-D