Main Menu

Update (8/12/04)...

Started by Tastian, August 13, 2004, 03:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

I just wanted to take a minute to give some updates on a few issues that have been talked about in various threads.

- Bestial frenzy bug:

This got fixed with the patch on the 11th. I've done some parsing as well as checked results others have gotten and it looks great. 8)

- Skills/abilities being wasted:

This deals with issues such as clicking BA well you are already illusioned, clicking frenzy of spirits well you are at maxed buffs, clicking kick well you don't have a target, etc. I'm told that this is not intentional that that it is being looked at. No time table on when it might be fixed, but don't think it was a nerf or that they aren't aware of the issue.

- Iksar pets:

There are actually two issues currently with iksar pets. The first is that they have an animation freeze when they proc. This leads to problems well kiting and mobs moving around as the pet can fall behind. Also, iksar pets have been summoning at a much smaller size than they previously were before the whole huge pet bug awhile back. I've been informed that both of these issues have been sent along to coding. Again I don't have a time table for this, but they are aware of it.

- Shrinking pets:

The fix to shrinking pets was done through the use of the "tiny companion" spell. Many beastlords have wondered about being able to shrink their pets with their "shrink" spell or the clicky on their wild lord's boots. Here is the offical dev response I was given...

"It is intended for "Shrink" to use on PCs and "tiny compansion" on pets"

So there you have it.

I know some of these aren't the answers some would hope for and I'm sure some would like even more information. As soon as I have more information I will be sure to pass it along. As always if you have other issues/suggestions/jokes PM/e-mail me or post away and I'll do what I can. 8)

Ekss

Thanks Tastian.

Since someone pointed out the Iksar warder animation bug I've been noticing it all the time so it would be great to get this fixed.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Zaramak

So can we ask for clicky tiny companion items? I have seen quite a few mag/nec clickies for tiny companion but have yet to see one bst useable.

Wildblood - Lanys T'Vyl

satrulis

The book pet focus from Time has tiny companion.

Jkal_Shihar

Not in time and dont really like that end of the game. I'd rather a new item drop somewhere where most can get it instead of being high end.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Dummkopf

According to lucy only 3 items in game have a tiny companion clicky, one of them is only mag/nec. Those items are Algae Covered Stiletto, Symbol of Ancient Summoning (love that one) and Gemstone of Dark Flame (would love that even more).

The spell itself is available for all pet classes and easy enough to use, wasnt bothering me at all especially now that the pet stays small after suspending and zoning.

Tastian

Yeah, atleast one other person has mentioned wanting some easily available tiny companion clicky on a 4(ish) casting time.  Like dumm said though with pets staying tiny (except when shrink is cast on them hehe) it isn't that much of a hassle.  Takes ~10 seconds and 100mana when you make the pet and you are done.  Many I know now just added tiny companion to their spell set they use when they summon the pet.  I'm not againist asking for it and if enough want I will.  Personally though I'm just really happy to have the response and know how they see things.  8)

Sovek

As someone who plays 3 level 65 pet classes, I can definetely say that a lower end right-click TC item is needed.  After all, there's the easy-to-get right-click SC belt from Veksar.  Why not a similar-placed TC item? :P
Crazyeyes Changemynameplx, 65 Beastlord
Sovek Celith`ar, 65 Necromancer
Numerous Toons - Click for Magelos -/- All Toons are on Xegony

Giledorm

I dunno.  I just put Tiny Companion in my initial pet buff spellset and leave it.  Only need it once, since pets stay shrunk through zoning and suspending.  /shrug.  

A lower end clicky item would be a nicety, but there are much bigger fish to fry before we get to things like that.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Zaramak

But if you have a shaman in the group that constantly insists on using group shrink spells, especially on raids I am constantly having to remem tiny companion.  I would much rather be able to switch out a quick gear item and click it than having to sit, click around spells, stand cast then repeat to go back to the spells I was using.

Wildblood - Lanys T'Vyl

Urim

QuoteBut if you have a shaman in the group that constantly insists on using group shrink spells, especially on raids I am constantly having to remem tiny companion.
The smart fix would be to make it so that shrink doesn't grow pets but just does nothing on them.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Jkal_Shihar

Wow, didnt mean to start a thing on it. LOL.

I was just referencing to the guy that said an item drops in time. hehehe. my bad.

Anyways, like tastain was saying on some adding it to there spell set. I have a few different saved spell sets. One is lvl 65 buffs and then the next is Pet/pet buffs. Normally as soon as I log in. I check to see whats going on. Get my c3 and what not if I am up for it.

Buff myself, put up LFG. Do pet since tigger is so happy he can come all over norrath with me once again. Buff him and either tiny companion him or just normal shrink him.

And by this time I have a group and its usually as the slower so I'm not worried bout a shaman overwriting my tiny companion if thats what I use.

But, even with a shaman in group I usually ask who wants shrink its mana free and he'll sometimes send a tell saying thanks.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

kukana

A cheap 300point LDoN aug with Tiny Companion would be cool.  I don't know if there are any clicky augs though and what slot they'd go in.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Xilef

Quote from: Urim
QuoteBut if you have a shaman in the group that constantly insists on using group shrink spells, especially on raids I am constantly having to remem tiny companion.
The smart fix would be to make it so that shrink doesn't grow pets but just does nothing on them.

I agree. If SOE says that shrink is intended for PC only, then make it not affect pets at all. That way you only need Tiny Companion when you summon your pet when you log (or when it/you die.)
Predator http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=132288" target="_blank">Xilef - Level 68 Feral Lord of Inner Chi
Prexus Server