Main Menu

Update on top 10 list (8/28/04)...

Started by Tastian, August 28, 2004, 02:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fionnah

As far as h2h weps, I'd rather see the ratios and drop rates increase so that a) they are easier to get and b) the increased ripostes that you get for dual wielding is compensated for with increased damage.

I don't mind giving up the 2hb and 1hb weps to the monks and I'd rather dual wield anyway, since there are more stats/resists from 2 1h weps than from 1 2h wep.  Most higher end GoD BSTs have 2h weps for when they're in KT or higher and 2 1h weps for when they're outside GoD.
Fionnah Shrekswife
66th Level Beastlady and her Valiant Steed, Donkey.
Final Destiny
Ayonae Ro

Rhaynne

QuoteAs far as h2h weps, I'd rather see the ratios and drop rates increase so that a) they are easier to get and b) the increased ripostes that you get for dual wielding is compensated for with increased damage.

I really didn't understand much of this...

Hand to hand weapons already have a better ratio than comparable 1hb, piercing or 1h slashign weapons.  That's the benefit of having access to them: better ratios.  It would be nice if there was better itemization and more hand to hand weapon drops, but currently that just isn't the case.

QuoteI don't mind giving up the 2hb and 1hb weps to the monks and I'd rather dual wield anyway, since there are more stats/resists from 2 1h weps than from 1 2h wep.

This is where you lost me.  How does giving up 1hb to monks help you dual wield?  You can dual wield 1hb weapons, which are far more prevalent in GoD than hand to hand weapons.

QuoteMost higher end GoD BSTs have 2h weps for when they're in KT or higher and 2 1h weps for when they're outside GoD.

This is where you REALLY lost me.  Most higher end GoD Beastlords stopped using 2handed weapons back in Time.  Sure, some of us keep them around for the occasional tanking situation, but honestly... most beastlords I know have their 2hb weapons collecting dust in their bags.  The only time I bother breaking out my SoT is if I end up tanking some named that is ripsoting for 1k+.

cougerofeq

Don't know about not changing names if you had them a long time. My fathers druid was named Nobel after my decessed grandfather( was his first name).  He had petitoned because he was stuck in the world or something.

The GM - without saying a word - changed his name to Nhuble. My father, remembering the GMs name once his goup members asked why is name was changed - gave a tell to the GM. He said the name was too much like a title and had to be changed. They didnt even have titles back then I don't think.

After much discussion the GM gave him Nobell - much closer.  But to this day who knows how many people think he left one day and never came back?
He had the name for years and lost contact with countless folks that day. I hope they don't still do that anymore.

The GM was even rude about taking his identity - was the poorest customer service I had every seen in EQ. It still bugs me to this day as I was the one who introduced my 65 year old father to EQ.  His druid is 65 and has 400+aas. He still plays, though I wish he would join a guild - he doesnt type too well(like me) so I don't know if he ever will.

Maybe that has changed for the better even if some of the names are bad these days.