Main Menu

Well bleh...

Started by Tastian, September 15, 2004, 03:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

lol I think that about sums up how most feel about the beastlord spells in omens.  We've been through this before, but I wanna make sure we aren't missing anything.  Omens is still fresh out the door, so hopefully we can get some of these spells addressed before most even get them.  8P

For now I'm just going to list a very quick recap of some of the problem spells and then feel free to add any to the list.  There are lots more details and suggestions about this already thrown around in other threads, but want to make sure none are missing all together.  Once we've got the final list I'll put up the main suggestions that have been tossed around and then put list up for all to see before I pass it along.  Please try to keep this on track as it just makes things much easier and they go faster.

Level 70:

-  Fero is a lame lame upgrade for the mana cost.  Tons of suggestions on what it needs, but again that will wait until the next thread.

-  Festering malady is a painful joke.  Again several obvious fixes, but wait till next one.

Level 69:

- Spiritual ascendance only 10/10 instead of 11/11 and duration is too low.

Both glacier spear and feral guard were upgraded already.  If you still have issue with them and you know the new information then say so, but please don't complain about an old version of the spell lol

Level 68:

Oh how I <3 thee lol.  Atleast compared to the other levels lol.  I think the only main complaint I've heard about 68 is that our pet got moved up to 68 and our nuke got moved from 68 to 69.  I'll probably mention it, but those types of issues seem less likely to be changed.

Level 67:

Kinda standard upgrades here.  Anything here go for it, but overall most accept this level as our "here have some more hp/atk/etc" level.

Level 66:

-  Chimera blood has been tweaked again.  The dmg/mana ratio and everything is kinda decent, the only real issue with this poison dot is that well it's a poison dot 8P.  18 poison counters is insane and although some will like for tanking or use well solo'n there are a lot of cases where you simply won't be able to use this because of its aggro.

-  Pet heal.  Same ole same ole.  Casting time is too long.  This is on the top 10 list and I'm sure will get looked at, but no sense not mentioning it again here.

That covers the spells as far as I know.  Also there are a couple of AA issues some have mentioned.  Not the least of which is the recent nerf to perfection of spirit on test.  It went from giving 25hps 20mana per rank as an upgrade to givig 22/23 hps and 10mana.  At 5 aa per rank that's kinda crazy.  

So for right now please just list any spells or AA issues that aren't mentioned above.  I might have just missed them in the list, but mention them anyway to be safe.  Please try to stay on topic and lets see what we get done.

Rarrum

Agree with all the issues above.  It's silly that they're nerfing perfection; that was about the best thing (one of the only good things) we got out of OoW.

Biggest issue not mentioned there that I have, is we still haven't gotten ANY upgrades to our old debuff spells.  Omens is the fourth expansion in a row without any upgrade to our debuffs.  An upgrade to our slow that was still 65%, but had a slight resist modifier (like -20) and without the annoying recast time would be very nice to see.  Other possabilities include getting cripple, or possibly a unique debuff of some sort (such as -100ac that stacks with cripple) so that we have something to use on raids that doesn't get overriden within 5 seconds.

Snowkittie-Tunare

Debuff upgrade = Roar of Thunder me think...

True, not a spell that you can cast anytime you like (15min timer) but emm, at least we have something to use while we wait hehe.

Noticed the nerf on Perfection on test too... I still purchased the first level, but not sure if I want to get the rest anytime soon if that goes live.

New Fero - how bout a 70 to 75 resist instead of 65, and a +spell shield / +spell reflect mod on it $$

Jaagger

IoS upgrade for us casual players.....
No new stat buffs since level 61.

Other than that everything you have said Tastian.
Elder Jaagger
Feral Lord of PRISM
Ayonae Ro

Nusa

There was a last minute change to Spiritual Ascendence....the AE range was reduced from 200 to 100 (the rest of the SD line remains at 200). I can't come up with even a twisted rationale for doing that.

Mathrax

Just saw the range nerf as well when i read the Lucy data for SA. Sstrange nerf! Checked other classes often MGB:d spells and they seem to have 100 range as well, so I guess this doesn't really matter for normal gameplay.

Of course also I want our Spiritual-line to be 11 hp/mana per tick. But I have seen that we aren't alone getting this small increase. I checked the new Druid spell Blessing of Steeloak and that has also only 1 more mana per tick than Blessing of the Nine, with 9 per tick instead of 8. The druid mana-line had also steps of 2 before OoW.  The new enchanter mana regen Voice of Clairvoyance gives 20 mana per tick, instead of 18 with VoQ. From this perspective I guess we can't yell too much about this, or we may be seen as too greedy.

I find it more annoying with the nerfed Paragon enhancement and the in my eyes a bit too small improvement of Ferocity. With the mana cost increase that  Ferocity of Irionu has compared to old Ferocity I wanted a bit more. The new Fero costs 750 mana and lasts 6.5 minutes. The new enchanter Speed of Salik costs 437 mana and lasts 42 minutes, gives AGI 60, DEX 50, ATK 53, 68% speed and  Chance to Critical Hit 20. Thats a pretty big difference in cost per effect! A good solution would be to add for example the same effect as you now can buy with tribute, enhanced successrate for dual wield, to the new ferocity.

Rhaynne

Should be increased change to double attack, much like the focus Ferocity.

Kherryn

I think naming the double attack focus Ferocity is based on the AA Ferocity, not the spell.

Rhaynne

What does that have to do with the suggestion?  I'm arguing benefit, you're arguing semantics.

Dual Wield would have a minimal impact on us or anyone else who dual wields.  Double attack would be a better fit.  It's really irrelevant where the name came from, be it AA, Spell or Focus.

Skratchen

More double attack would be great.  Even if it came in the form of a self-buff that was equivalent to the worn effect Ferocity ( Ferocity 2, 3 or higher preferably).

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Zerh

if that mod double attack coming alive, hope it will stack with the Fero mod...or i dont see the point of getting it.

Rhoam

Yep, bleh is about right. I am moderately enthused about the new pets and pet buffs (although reports of 1.5 % increases in dps with the new buff are discouraging) everything else is crap. But at least I dont have to agonize over how I am going to get those spells like I did when I hit the last yellow bubble out of 64 and wondered how I would ever get my 65 slow and fero. Now those were spells to look forward to, it was like Christmas day when I memmed my slow. I dont feel anywhere near that kind of excitement with these new spells. For 37 more attack and 175 more mana, I wont be worried about when I mem the new ferocity, I am more worried about whether I will survive the boredom of the experience crawl to ever get to level 70 at all. I am not impressed with this expansion so far at all.

Why did they design the spells we have now? I mean, did someone sit down and think, ok lets give beastlords a new ferocity at level 70, make the spell very hard to obtain, up the mana cost by 175 and build in a whopping upgrade of 37 attack in a class that can easily buff attack to upwards of 1800? Or did they bother to think at all? I apologise for the tone of this post, but I guess frustration and disappointment are showing through.

Tastian

Honestly I think it's clear by looking at some of the spells that certain spells were just copy/paste + X% in most cases.  There is zero reasoning for giving beastlords the current version of festering malady except for copy/pasting plague and not really thinking about it.  The upgrade to fero is similiar, but doesn't have a boost to saves.  Oh wells lets see what happens.

cougerofeq

For heavens sakes - improve our slow with a resist mod - im getting so much grief about it "bouncing off mobs"

Felpaw

Looking at our 68 pet spell on lucy it seems to indicate that our pet is a Level 67 pet.  When a Level 65 player cons my pet it is an even con...

Am I missing something here?