Main Menu

Well bleh...

Started by Tastian, September 15, 2004, 03:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moffett

The pet summon used to be a level 67 spell. that level refers o the spell and not pet level.

Eatbugs

Quote from: TastianHonestly I think it's clear by looking at some of the spells that certain spells were just copy/paste + X% in most cases.  There is zero reasoning for giving beastlords the current version of festering malady except for copy/pasting plague and not really thinking about it.  The upgrade to fero is similiar, but doesn't have a boost to saves.  Oh wells lets see what happens.

Couldn't agree more.  Our spell list for Omens appears to have had about 10 minutes of thought invested in it, mostly along the lines of "Hm, can't give them a new slow, haste or debuff - guess we'll just tweak a couple of the old spell lines a tiny bit and throw in new pets.  Next!"
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Siodan

fero for bsts is really just the resist counterpart to shaman avatar... so why do we pay more just for some small atk when we should be getting mroe resists like 85's to all or that extra effect..it's called ferocity why can't it do what it is called? atleast give us a reason to cast it. I linked Festering Malady to my guild and got alot of sympathy they even said flat out that that {bunnies}.  it's a goor thing tha cam first in the spell list because i would nver have goten it if i could help it.
If bsts are so powerful we should all guild together and in one giant raid, WIPE OUT NORRATH!!!  Muahahahahahaaaa

Bengali

Quote from: Eatbugs
Quote from: TastianHonestly I think it's clear by looking at some of the spells that certain spells were just copy/paste + X% in most cases.  There is zero reasoning for giving beastlords the current version of festering malady except for copy/pasting plague and not really thinking about it.  The upgrade to fero is similiar, but doesn't have a boost to saves.  Oh wells lets see what happens.

Couldn't agree more.  Our spell list for Omens appears to have had about 10 minutes of thought invested in it, mostly along the lines of "Hm, can't give them a new slow, haste or debuff - guess we'll just tweak a couple of the old spell lines a tiny bit and throw in new pets.  Next!"

Yep, I agree.  Seems that they used up all of the "cool ideas" on other classes -- like defensive buffs that have a chance to slow/stun NPCs that hit you, etc.   Rangers have a pretty cool spell called nature's veil, which is a 15 min buff that has a reverse-proc of sorts -- any NPC that hits you while you have the buff on will have a chance of triggering a proc that will lower its hate toward you.  Monks have a similar disc that has a chance to proc a slow on any NPC that hits them.

There isn't anything remotely interesting or unique in our spell list at all.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"