Main Menu

Update(ish)...

Started by Tastian, October 26, 2004, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

As most of you know the new top 10 list has been passed along.  We had a lot of new items and some of the issues will take time to get fixed.  I know some of us aren't having nearly as much fun with the game latly and believe me I understand.  I have passed along assorted parses and chunks of data to help support some of the issues.  I've also passed along another bug report just today.  Things like the 1.5 effect, wasted AAs (BA, FoS, MGB + para, etc) were all mentioned.  The iksar pet freeze bug and busted tribute were also included in the list.  

I wish I had more answers to give or could atleast give some sort of timeline on these things.  The 1.5 issue I was told would be fixed by the patch on the 13th and it just didn't happen.  Hopefully that will get pushed to test soon.  As soon as I know anything else I will be sure to pass it along, but in the meantime I wanted people to know that I'm still passing along information and collecting data and trying to make sure our issues are understood.  Hopefully in the next couple weeks we'll atleast get some feedback on some of our issues even if the actual fix takes a bit longer to happen.  *shrugs*

Trying,
-me

Beerig-FV

any news about the last fight which the dev's 'were going to look into soon'?

Tastian

Last update I heard was that the changes weren't supposed to go live yet and they were looking into it.  Yet to hear if anything changed with the last patch or if it's gone through anymore testing.

Strigori

on the DPS mentions on our top 10 list, the red marked response was they are looking into all classes dps in the future.  Have you heard anything on the time frame on that? or any details in general?
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Tastian

I'd heard that this was something they were going to do, but still haven't heard a time table or anything like that.  I remember back when they made the changes to rng/mnk/etc back during velious, but I'm not sure how big this will be.  To be honest though I hope they do it right.  Beastlord dps issue comes from progression and scaling.  I hope that instead of just looking at where beastlords are at various points they look at the slope of our progression curve and see where the problems are and make fixes accordingly.  *shrugs*  Have to wait and see.

Breko

Yeah, they'll get to it. Sometime after "Melee balancing part 2."

The resulting spiritual change in heat currents and drafts caused by a massive drop in lower temperatures would cause certain spiritually-attuned animals (such as swine) to be affected physically as well as emotionally. So, when hell freezes over, pigs will fly.

cougerofeq

Im down to 1 day a week playing.  Did Sony take the rest of the year off after rolling omens out?  Thank god Halo 2 is out in a few days.

We have some big issues and so far the response seems to be... "Didn't I hear you mother callin... go away...your bothering me kid" well ok even that would be more that what we are seeing.

Tastian

Most of the devs did take some time off after omens finally settled down and I can definitely understand that.  Also fan faire just happend.  I can see some issues not being responded to right away.  The things that bother me the most are things like our 1.5 clicky that went into game busted, was acknoweldged as busted, was told it would be fixed weeks ago now and the fix still hasn't even hit test.  Things like perfection of spirit really bother me to.  It's just one AA, but it's one of the only things we've got and if 11 levels, 5 expansions and a 3 year wait is what it takes for a 37.5% upgrade to it after 15 more AA while mana pools have more than doubled in size and spells costs have done similiar I just don't get it.  *shrugs*  I am still hoping for a response on a few of the issues in the coming weeks, but I understand people getting frustrated.

Lheo

Let SoE take the sleep of the clueless....(iam thinking they will get a rude awakening by the time when WoW hit the shelves..) :twisted: