Main Menu

Update(11/10/04)...

Started by Tastian, November 10, 2004, 02:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

In response to the issue of the final epic fight...

"Ashlanne wrote:

The changes to the final fight - The fight has been adjusted on Test server, it was not reverted back to the way it was originally.  I don't know when this will be pushed to the live servers however I am guessing it will be next time we update which is supposed to be sometime in December.  If receive anymore info on this issue I will pass it along."

Also wanted to mention that some GoD AAs have been refunded on test.  These changes are just on test currently and subject to change before they go live (if they go live).  Currently...

Sinister strikes - 12
Critical affliction - 3/6/9
Warders alacrity - 25 for rank 5 so guessing 3/4/5/6/7
Pet affinity - 12

I also got back 5 AA from having weapon affnity 5.

If you have these AAs already then you get a message saying how much you were refunded and for what and the AAs go into your AA bank.

Dorrogtr T`A

Tastian

What some will find cool (and I'm sure others will dislike) is that people that already have a skill/rank in an AA won't lose it if the price goes up.

Take weapon affinity for example.  It currently costs 2/4/6/8/10 for 30 total to max.  It's being changed to 5/5/5/5/5 atm on test.  If this stays the same then someone with rank 5 in the AA will get back 5 AA (30 it was minus the 25 it now is).  However, someone that has rank 2 of the AA (2/4) currently will still keep rank 2 in the AA and then be able to buy ranks 3-5 at the cheaper 5AA per rank instead of the old 6/8/10.  That means some people will be able to get weapon affinity 5 for the cost of 2/4/5/5/5 or 21 total instead of the 25 it will become or the 30 it was previously.  

This also holds for warder's alacrity that currently is changed to being 5/5/5/5/5 as well instead of 3/6/9/12/15.  Some people could buy the AA for 3/5/5/5/5 if they purchased the first rank before the change and then did ranks 2-5 after the change.  

Again this is all on test and things might change, but as it stands now that's how things work.  *shrugs*

negrismorte

Quote from: TastianWhat some will find cool (and I'm sure others will dislike) is that people that already have a skill/rank in an AA won't lose it if the price goes up.

Take weapon affinity for example.  It currently costs 2/4/6/8/10 for 30 total to max.  It's being changed to 5/5/5/5/5 atm on test.  If this stays the same then someone with rank 5 in the AA will get back 5 AA (30 it was minus the 25 it now is).  However, someone that has rank 2 of the AA (2/4) currently will still keep rank 2 in the AA and then be able to buy ranks 3-5 at the cheaper 5AA per rank instead of the old 6/8/10.  That means some people will be able to get weapon affinity 5 for the cost of 2/4/5/5/5 or 21 total instead of the 25 it will become or the 30 it was previously.  

I had been holding off on progressing in WA for a few reasons, but when I saw the change, I went and got WA2 last night hehe

jitathab

That means some people will be able to get weapon affinity 5 for the cost of 2/4/5/5/5 or 21 total instead of the 25 it will become or the 30 it was previously.

Why doesnt someone with all 5 levels get 9 AA back then instead of 5?

I dont think its right to give someone 4 free AA just because they have put less effort in in the first place, or to anounce this so speculative AA purchases can farm AA's on guesses.  I didnt realise EQ had turned into a charity to help those with less AA's.

Khayden

Is the 5/5/5/5/5 cost a guess based on having 5 refunded or a fact demonstrated by people on test that haven't purchased it at all yet?  If the former it could equally have been changed to 3/4/5/6/7 or 2/4/5/6/8 in which case there's less or no benefit in buying WA1 and 2 before refund time.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Tastian

No, right now the first ranks of both WA's (weapon affinity and warders alacirty) show as 5.  I verified that earlier.  Now I didn't go through and buy rank 1 and see what rank 2 cost, and then buy rank 2 and see what rank 3 cost.  However, I got back 20 AA from warAlac that cost me 45 total previously and got back 5 from weapon affinity that previously cost me 30.  I also got a response from a dev saying people wouldn't lose their ranks in an AA and some might get "free" points so to speak.

The reason we don't get 9 back is because the skill isn't being repriced to 21, it's being repriced to 25 and the difference there is 5 from the previous 30.  Most skills are keeping the same base cost or going cheaper (like crit affliction), but right now for a beastlord there is the potential to get 6 "free" AA by purchasing weapon affinity 1 and 2 for 6 AA total instead of the 10 it's going to become and buying warders alacrity 1 for the 3 it is now instead of the 5 it will become.  

Like I said some people are buying WA2 and WAl 1 now and will get a little bonus out of it.  Some like that, some don't hehe.  *shrugs*

Cilastiz

Who cares about someone getting a few free AAs. They are finaly repricing GoD AA's, and im about to get a shitload of FREE AA points (as refunds) so im happy like a kitten with a bowl of cream.

Tastian

It's like the old saying Cila, you can please some of the people all the time and you can please all of the people NEVER EVER EVER NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU FUGGING TRY!!!!  

oh sorry 8P  hehe

Dummkopf

I dont care if ppl get some stuff cheaper if they train a few ranks now, heck, i even point them here to check it out and use the info while they can. Saving a few points isnt a big deal in my opinion and they should try for it  :twisted:

At the moment its hard enough for everyone starting out on aas to decide what to do and getting enough points to really do something with them, especially now that grouping is a bit harder.

cettin

Anyone tell me how many i going get back if i max all my god aa?

Tastian

I got back...

8 from pet affinity
3 from sinister strikes
12 from crit affliction
20 from warders alacrity
5 from weapon affinity
5 from swift journey

Still on test and some things might change, but ~50AA depending.

Otuol

You know, my response to this was going to be a rant about people who complain about the next guy having it to easy.  I reread what I was typing and disarded it as it creates just as many ripples.  Try to pay attention to playing the game to have fun instead of what you did or didnt get.  You can apply this to life in general too. :wink:

Anyhow, Tastian, in accordance with what we (as a community) have disussed for months we all felt the cost per AA for some of these abilities were overpriced.  Now Tastian, I'm not sure how much your voice as the correspondent or our voice as whole, has made the difference, but it was done. (*Not aimed at you Tastian, rather the community*) Relish in the fact that they even care to look into this with everything I'm sure they have going on there.  Get out there and get some of these cheaper AA's if they go live.
/game on