Main Menu

Update (11-19-04)...

Started by Tastian, November 19, 2004, 12:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

The top 10 list will be updated today.  One of the issues we've had on the list for awhile got recognized and we are told it will be fixed.  The fix still looks like it will take a bit of time as we wait on code, but atleast it's a good change once it does happen.  I also think it'll help speed up the fix of another of our top 10 items, but we'll have to wait and see.  8)

Also, with the answering of this item and the no from perfection of spirit we have a couple spots on the top 10 list open.  My initial thoughts at this point are to use those slots to try to cycle through a few very straight forward issues in the hopes of getting some fast responses to less complex issues well waiting on resposnes to our bigger issues such as dps.

jitathab

So they are not going to change perfection? can we have the AA back :)

Tastian

Nah we won't get the AA back because it was never different on live servers.  It was changed I believe the day? two days before it went live lol.  Most beastlords didn't even know it'd been changed when they first purchased it, but that doesn't change anything.

I still feel perfection as an upgrade that took this long to get simply isn't inline with what it should be.  I plan to add it back into the top 10 list along with some other issues.  Perhaps with poor progression or fading utility or whatever.  For now I'm using the spot to hopefully cycle through a few items that will get fairly fast responses as they are more "yes/no" type of things instead of balance and tuning and testing needed things like dps.

Dumpty

I'm not seeing anything on the SOE boards in reference to changes to the top 10 list you mention. From what i infer from your hinting above, Perfection upgrade was the "no".  What item on the list was the "yes" to change and in what fasion?
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Graace

My best guess has to do with agro or feral swipe or both :)
Graace AndWill 70 Beast Lord
Recruitment Team of Iratus Lepus

wolverine9981

My guess is a fix for hobble stacking with other buffs.  He hinted before that it would lead to another fix (epic 1.5).
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

Graace

/giggle it's kinda funny, one of our least important issues-- an unreliable snare that costs all of 5AA is going to get fixed at some point :P got looked at.  Although they'd really be forced to do so by virtue of making epic 1.5 and in the future 2.0 work like they should, so really.... in order to make something work that's glaringly broken and one of the features of the new expansion, it had to be done :)  Really, I went through all of the boards and looked at all the top 10 lists, looks like that's the case across the board, half of 'em got a response of "NO" or one of the things they'd probably care least about on the top 10 got a response.  The other 9 are rubber stamped (or in magician case all 5).

Tastian

Yeah I was refering to hobble.  It's a "nice" change for a lot of beastlords.  Certainly not game breaking, but the value of the AA goes up quite a bit.  I know I'll go from never using it to actually being glad I have now.  Also the change means that the issue of multiple procs on pet not working just became an issue for a much larger % of the beastlord population.  Before this change only those that had the 1.5 ran into this issue.  Now the issue can potentially negatively impact every 59+ beastlord and I think that will make the need for the fix to happen even sooner.  *shrugs* It's something and hopefully more to come.  Frees up another spot on the list so I can highlight a spell or certain AA next time and give a bigger breakdown of why it's currently @$$ and needs fixing lol.

Grymlok

Lol.  So Hobble stacks with our other procs.  But, being another proc, only the first one on the pet should work, just like with epic click?

The Berserker: Foecussed

Tastian

Yeah that's how it'll be if the "change" to hobble goes in before the "fix" to multiple procs on pet.  I don't have a date for either of those things yet though, so not sure.

Graace

Course, I wonder whom the genius was who came up with the idea of putting tempoary procs on pets, when we know every bit as well as they do that multiple procs didn't land on pets in the first place, and now they have to figure it out how to implement it 2 months later after it went live.

Tell 'em to give us a clicky paragon on our epic much like the shaman epic and we'll be pleased to no end, we won't hardly care about perfection nerf then, can even set the timer on it to 15 minutes :)

Bengali

Quote from: GraaceTell 'em to give us a clicky paragon on our epic much like the shaman epic and we'll be pleased to no end, we won't hardly care about perfection nerf then, can even set the timer on it to 15 minutes :)

Bleah, I wouldn't want clicky paragon.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Strigori

untill we get pets to use multiple procs, or at the very least, the ability to click off pet buffs, its still a next to worthless aa.   if and when we get multiple procs for pets it may well be a very usefull aa to have.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Dumpty

Whatever beacme of "Various OOW spell issues" top ten item?  Last thing im noticing on the soe boards is "no response yet" unless i missed something, then it was pulled form future lists.  Just got my 11/tick SA and am bummin  :roll:
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Tastian

Issue 9 is "Omens utility issues" currently.  That has a listing of various spell tweaks such as SA (which is 10/10 atm hehe) and ferocity, etc.