Main Menu

Update top 10? (updated 4-30-05)

Started by Tastian, March 29, 2005, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

There is an update to the top 10 scheduled for April 1st currently.  I've written up a few drafts of issues to add to the new list based on various threads on various boards, e-mails, the stars, and my hairdresser tony's advice, but I'm unsure if most beastlords actually want the list updated this week or to let it stay as is one more time. 

The issue of the slow for instance is now showing on test and sony has said they are adding it, but it's not in the game yet and I know some people worry until they see things on live (and even worry a bit more after that lol).  Please let me know if you think we should leave the list alone one more week or try to juggle a few new items into it and remove some of the things mentioned in the re-envisioning.  Also feel free to add anything to the "what should be added to the top 10 list" that you haven't mentioned elsewhere or any new ideas you might have.  As always feel free to e-mail/PM/carrier pigeon instead of posting if you prefer. 

Rarrum

#8 (click off pet buffs) they clearly stated they were going to be doing, so I think that one could be replaced with something new.

As for ideas on replacing it.. possibly something about the bugs with our new Growl line ( had posted the ones I'm aware of at http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/board/message?board.id=beastlordbalance&message.id=2315 )

Since #1 (slowing) is on test now... I think it would be good to "adjust" that entry in our top 10, to point out our biggest problems with their implementation of the spell.

janabell

One thing that i would like to see on the top 10, is to remove pet only spells such as heals and buffs not target pet any more
espesaily the panther line nothing more anoying then haveing to retarget your mob after casting these spells
hobbels and pet mend dont target pet and thay should make the rest not target pet eather.
Janabell 75 Beast Lord
Guild Member of Iratus Lepus

Tastian

The spell targetting thing was covered in another thread I believe.  They don't want us to be able to use the growl line without our pets up.  They also said that AA and spells are coded differently.  Probably just one of those things we'll have to deal with.

Strigori

resist rate on the dots maybe? FM gets resisted about half the time, xp mobs shouldnt need several resist debuffs on them for spells to get through.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Mahes

I, personally, would like to see us wait on a revision to the list until the patch.

I'd prefer to see what they do change and then either remove it from the list or revise our request for changes to it.  If they fix the problems with clicking pet buffs, heals, and slows, no point leaving them on, but if they don't, it'd be silly to remove them in advance.

Ultimately, I'm not sure it matters much either way though.

Urim

When they implement the clicking off of pet buffs, see if they can also implement some sort of command to do the same thing for those us of that don't use the custom pet window.

If we do change up the list i would like to see pet scaling put on the list. Pets currently scale horribly with content and the focus effects currently don't do much if anything. Maybe emphasize the fact that our itemization in the high end sucks, Tacvi weapon > Anguish weapon type of thing.

Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

There is an update scheduled for the 6th of may now.  If there's anything you'd like to see tweaked or changed please pm/e-mail/etc.  There has been more talk of itemization/focus effects/pet focus effects latly, so that might get added into the list somewhere.  Please let me know. 

Firriann

dps scaling for both pet and us, buff lines tweaks, itemization/focii .. already in the top 10, but prolly worth placing higher on the list once the slow is in game. other then that, will have to wait what happens with the changes.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Ratath

I'm with Firr....

But most  importantly, please make sure SOE knows we need more Fire Focus on stuff

smokepaw

Some things i would like to see changed are:
- A few less fire focii  on dru/mnk/bst gear. (especially the DoN armors)
- Would really like to see a nicer focus on our anguish legs, cold focus is just so unoriginal.
- Cleave V on a few more items we can use.
-  Few  more options for  pet focus?
-  Would really love, love, love to see some sort of protection for pets on AE rampages somehow, someway. Pet gets one rounded an aweful lot at raids.

thats about all i can think of off the top of my head

Level 70 WildBlood of the Luclin server

Stingite

More Swarm pet weapons available to non-raiders and raiders alike please.  I'd love to see one more claw quest added to the iksar claw quest line that was a swarm pet weapon.  What a boon that would be for those that choose to quest instead of raid.  As you know, swarm pet weapons are fantastic for agro management since proc'd pets add to their own hate not your own and as a class we can *grow* the damage from them some through AAs, which is unique among melee classes that have swarm pet weapons available to them.  These weapons match beastlords well.

2 bits.