Main Menu

warder issues on zek

Started by lmd, July 18, 2005, 01:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lmd

one issue i have with warders on raid on a pvp serve is we have to way to stop they from atking  our raid members pet will constantly go after other players. i would love to see eithor a command that would allow us to tell our pwets not to atk anyone we are raid/grouped with or for our make our /pet hold command more like our /pet focus command, in that you should only have to hit it once apon entering a zone and if you give your pet the command to attack something after that mob is dead pet should automaticaly go back to being on hold.

also another issue is the pet  in pvp: a)hits for around 25-50 no crit when it does hit ( i have max flurry and crit for pet and qvic boot pet focus) which isnt all that often. also pet hobble doesn't land in pvp for, ecuse my french, bunny. i will give it to our pets for interupting / stunning but our pet are all too ez to avoid all together  with all the pathing bugs.

need more control over pet
and max potential dmg for pets in pvp would be nice for when they actualy do hit
Predator Perico Thegreatequalizer of Tallon Zek<75beastlrod-1512aa>

Dreead

1) that is an aweful aweful board name.
2)You can control your pet well on a pvp server. If your raind group attacks your pet, or you it's obviously gonna defend itself. So if someone hits you, via AE's or on accident, you have to make sure to call your pet back
3)max hit in pvp with RS is 68, not 25-50. BUT it  hits like an NPC which is what it is. So take into account all the shielding and defesive aa's that people have and that's why it hits for much much less the majority of the time.

lmd

people dont have to hit pet with ae spells or atk pet to get it to atk them simply dispelling a mob can cause pet to agro the player

also i see no reason for our pets to not automaticaly go back on hold after a mob is dead when using /pet focus and /pet hold. i mean damn we spent the aas on it and i dont think its too much to ask that when u use /pet hold/focus and send pet on a specific mob when that mob dies pet goes back to hold untill it is sent onto a new mob.

Tastian

The issue of pet control on zeks has been raised.  It even got brought up again recently, but nothing has come of it yet that I know.

/pet focus is still a /boggle to me lol.  I have the AA and just never bother to use it lol.  I actually used it more in its bugged beta form just so I could see  "Tastian`s warder unleashes a FLURRY on plague rat's corpse".  Boy that thing was great in beta lol. 

hakaaba

pet focus allows you to be lazy and just use /pet attack to switch targets instead of having to hit your hold hotkey first.  It also prevents it from switching targets weirdly in most situations.  I find it useful in raids with huge aggro aes when i dont want my pet attacking the named (like endurence is an example)

But more on topic i feel bad for you guys on zek.  You prolly have it like 3 tiems worse than us on the regular servers heh  The justification for nerfing pet pvp damage is so outdated from back when pets actually made up a significant part of our dps.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

"pet focus allows you to be lazy and just use /pet attack to switch targets instead of having to hit your hold hotkey first."

Nope.

I have /pet back off tied to my /pet attack hot key and not to my /pet hold hotkey.  Hold simply suspends the hate list and there is a window of varying size between holding a mob and sending it to attack something else.  If you have /pet back off tied to /pet hold then it's possible to use your "hold" hot key to stop your mob from attacking and then when you send your pet to attack something else by using /pet attack it will be on a different mob because of how his hate list has updated since you used "hold".  However, by having /pet back off trigger right before /pet attack you make sure the hate list is clear and nothing that happend after putting the pet on hold effects anything, so the only way for your pet to bounce would be if something other than the target you had it on was out aggro'n it somehow. 

Like I've said it might just be me, but I had enough problems with pet focus throughout beta and simply haven't had a single time in uhhhh forever that I'd use it how it currently is.  If it toggled and stayed and the pet went back to hold right after the selected target was dead then I could see using it and it'd save me putting pet on hold after fights, etc.  Currently though it's just not worth toggling it everytime I zone(I think) just to see no difference hehe.

Dummkopf

I use pet focus a lot, soloing as well as on raids. With focus on it will stay on the mob i assign it to no matter what and that alone is more than worth using it for me. Of course i use the same /pet attack hotkey as you Tastian, for a long time, but that doesnt change it, even if i just type /pet attack it will switch targets and stay on its assigned target with focus.

There are just 2 things i dont like about /pet focus, one is that i have to redo it after zoning, the second is the fact that it cancels /pet hold, so you have to do /pet holf after doing /pet focus or it will run off to whatever is on its hate list.

Bengali

Quote from: Tastian on July 21, 2005, 06:46:59 AM
If you have /pet back off tied to /pet hold then it's possible to use your "hold" hot key to stop your mob from attacking and then when you send your pet to attack something else by using /pet attack it will be on a different mob because of how his hate list has updated since you used "hold".

Not with /pet focus it won't.  Even if 100 mobs get on its hate list since the last time you used hold, the warder will attack the mob you tell it to when you send it.  The only difference is that as soon as the mob is dead, it will go attack those 100 mobs in whatever order its hate list is.  You could always /pet hold /pet back off then to clear its list if you wanted.

The one thing that /pet focus does that "/pet /back off, /pet attack" cannot do is keep your warder from switching targets.  Even if you clear its hate list before telling it to attack, that doesn't keep it from running after another mob that gets higher on its list.  This can happen if:

1.  An add comes and starts beating on pet from proximity
2.  Some other mob starts casting spells on in (especially AE)
3.  Some other mob gets low health (pets will switch targets to kill low health mobs the same way an NPCs will leave the MA to kill a nearly-dead player)

Oh, and I also have been using back off before attack since before /focus was available, and I still notice a difference.  I think the state should be saved on zoning, just like taunt and hold, but other than that I think it's worth using.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hakaaba

It also prevents it from switching targets weirdly in most situations being the key words :p

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tastian

Like I said for me and I just haven't seen it.  I forgot it wasn't a saved toggle for the first few weeks or so after buying the AA and thought it was on, but it wasn't.  Realised it was off and just didn't care lol.  Beng mis-read or I mis-spoke, but was refering to without pet focus and with pet focus and kinda throwing situations together.  *shrugs*  Doesn't really change the pet issues on zeks that again have been brought up, but I still haven't heard anything on yet.  8P

Keba

I play on Zek and have no problems with pet control since I got pet focus.

Just need to remember to enable pet focus after zoning, and put pet back on hold whenever your target dies/zones.

If either of those could be done automatically then I'd be even happier.

Sumelor

I going to have to agree with Keba about needing to refocus after zoning. Its not too major but sure would be convenient. See soon Keba!

Sumelor

Kanan

I've gotten so that I will start to hit it almost every time I zone.  Frankly, if they'd not made it a toggle, but simply a command to tie into the pet attack key, it'd be more useful.  In a lot of situations, it has become useful tho, like those few times u can't hit the add/boss, or when something else has been beating on it/me too much, causing it to split its dps or bring that other critter over to beat on me for a few extra %. 

I'd done the /pet back then /pet attack key before.  A problem I'd encounter, esp on re-positioning, would be it would then start swapping over to my mob, rather than staying in its OT position, or it would start swapping around to other mobs I didn't want.  Once I removed that & restored it to the pet hold key, putty's agro started getting more controllable.

It was useful to not have on back in the days when I'd pull a LDoN train, sic the pet in early, let it OT for a few secs until the chanter mezzed em up, and then it'd start working the mob I'd slow-pulled.

However, I suspect a lot of this is mainly what you have become used to over the time you have played.  I'm a lil obsessive about hitting my hold key, such that I've gotten my necro alt in trouble in the past bcs I'd drop invis by casting the spell in my hold keyboard macro spot ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

lmd

the hole point of this that was missed is the fact that imho with /pet hold if you send your pet on a mob it shouldn't go after anything else after that mob is dead if you also have focus

zone in /pet hold /pet focus......imho after that pet should only attack a mob / player if the player has specificaly given the command to the pet to attack that particular mob / player   

:-D  :-)   :-D call me lazy call me picky call me cheep i will agree but i still want a bang for my buck or in this case for my aa i earned /spent them make it work for me and i dont mean walgreen's work for me i mean slavelabor work or get wipped :mrgreen:  :evil: